Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Unfoftunately, the stats show that younger drivers take more risks. Tbat's a fact of life for insurance - all about limiting risk. And whether we agree or not, a young driver and a high performance car isn't always a good mix.

Personally, I think power/engine limits should be imposed under a certain age - a bit like bikes. This is not a reflection on you or anyone else, but when you get older you start to feel less bullet proof and take less risks.

That said, tbere are still the complete knobs out there who continue to drink and drive and a greater percentage tend to be over 40. 

Nothing wrong with a cheaper run around until you get older. Pretty sure most on here started that way (me included). Didn't buy my first brand new car until last year and I'm 50.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conducks said:

I assure you it's not bullshit. Otherwise my parents wouldn't trust me with such a car.

Was this before or after you found out how far 4th gear stretches? 

58R8jUq.gif

We've all done stupid S*** but pick your battles man

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conducks said:

I assure you it's not bullshit. Otherwise my parents wouldn't trust me with such a car.

Im confused. So its not bullshit you were caught, but then you say otherwise you wouldn't be trusted with such a car, I thought it would be the otherway round.

I know if I did dumb stuff and was caught my folks wouldn't trust me, especially in a high powered car.

You must have going at some speed to get your STi to drift. Either that or it was a VERY wet road :o I'm obviously far too old and decrepid to get my STi to slide :( xD

27 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Im confused. So its not bullshit you were caught, but then you say otherwise you wouldn't be trusted with such a car, I thought it would be the otherway round.

I know if I did dumb stuff and was caught my folks wouldn't trust me, especially in a high powered car.

Maybe they don't know (unless they read this xD)

I don't understand why people come on ClubSub and talk about doing illegal things on the street. One of the first things I noticed about this club along with one of the reasons I joined was that its not full of people like the Subaru Facebook pages.

Don't get hung up on the thought that you 'know your car' or you 'Know the road' even though you may of had seat time for awhile and you feel comfortable in a certain car doesn't help if the road is damp around a corner or another car has just dropped some oil on the road ahead. Even professional race car drivers make mistakes and sometimes those end fatally.

I work for a bank that offers insurance and we always get the common question around under 25's and its also about a trust thing. If you want an insurance company to trust you as a driver stick with one company and gain their trust by being a responsible driver and the premiums will come down.

• Like 4

• Admin

Ya'll have had your say.

ClubSUB does not condone illegal activities on our streets. Can I draw all members attention to the "Report post" button at the top of each post. Please dont hesitate to smash that should you come across any antisocial behavior on our site by any member.
Also, can I remind ya'll that if your car has a ClubSUB sticker on it, and its impounded or involved in any illegal activities, that reflects badly on us ALL. Your car is also VERY traceable with a bloody great big CS banner on the window.

Until now ClubSUB has had a very good relationship with NZ Police, and we want to keep it that way.
We regularly have members of the force read our threads, and have and will continue to provide any information requested to the NZ authorities should the need arise.

Shall we bring this thread back to the topic of "What have you done to your car today?"

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, RAYDEO said:

Shall we bring this thread back to the topic of "What have you done to your car today?"

but getting your car impounded is technically still on the topic of "what have you done to your car today"

/runs

my car is still with Ajay, hopefully get to collect it this week some time:D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Divine said:

I learnt in the BL and BP legacies that if you press the reset trip meter when there is no key in the ignition, it lights up the K's and Fuel in the tank. 

Did not know this. Interesting, have to fill up tonight so will try it.

Also need to find the Topic about setting the door for keyless entry.

not my car, but sold my bike today. just been sitting around depreciating between the few and far rides i got out with her. though it was fun it was pretty hard to justify especially when i was no longer comfortable commuting with it which is why i got it in the first place.been spending a lot more on car than i planned to (think i'm addicted!) so downsizing here and there to feed the new hobby. nek minit selling house for new engine

5OnZtwj.jpg

oh my gracious it looks good, will upload  pics when its all finished.

Differences:

All the plastics 

Handbrake 

Handbrake position

Stereo surround support bracket

Vents

Stereo surround

Ashtray / lighter socket cubby

A/c controls

Stereo mounting plates

Shifter surround....

Bit of a big job but its all but done now, just got to grab the stereo support brackets (tomorrows job) and chase out why my cig socket isnt working anymore.

Also put my recaros in, christ what a mission. Need to get dehumidifier into the car, they been living in the garage too long, got a bit damp. Still gotta get a new up pipe gasket too. Getting there... Everything I touch seems to open a can of worms LOL

• Like 1

Got my electric windows working now the v4 facelift interior is in. Ended up repinning every single plug dammit using dogey usdm wiring diagrams.

at least they dont short circuit/trip the circuit breaker/cut the fuel pump out anymore while im driving B|

• Like 1

My ClubSub sticters got delivered yesterday - yay.

Now to figure where to put them.

I want one on the out back but not sure if I put it on the rear windscreen or the back side window?

The other one Im not sure yet, maybe on the MTB?