Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

36 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Well you don't see those everyday! 

They are Cusco aluminium strut braces wrapped in real carbon fibre (by cusco) 

The front one is cosmetically damaged where the bends in the bar are (it's not bad at all) - I'm no expert but it looks like the carbon fibre could have done with another coat of resin

20170608_140929_zps9s1vpmpo.jpg

The other (rear) is brand new and purchased for almost the same price as the damaged one 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ADIKT said:

They are Cusco aluminium strut braces wrapped in real carbon fibre (by cusco) 

The front one is cosmetically damaged where the bends in the bar are (it's not bad at all) - I'm no expert but it looks like the carbon fibre could have done with another coat of resin

20170608_140929_zps9s1vpmpo.jpg

The other (rear) is brand new and purchased for almost the same price as the damaged one 

Don't think it's actually damaged, but rather a production/design flow.  Had the same carbon front bar and it looked exactly the same as yours. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Scored some personalised plates for mine :)  The price was too good to pass on, GT related too.

• Like 3

• Admin

Replaced the large and small bushes in the front control arms with new OEM ones. Was originally planning on going for Hardrace hardened ones but for the price and the fact I didn't really mind how it handled as it was decided non torn new ones should do the job adequately. 

Have replacement bushes for the rear trailing arm too but decided it was just way too much effort so i'll leave that for another week, or year, or probably just never...

Finally got around to taking off my front lip. Gonna try get it plastic welded otherwise looks like I'm gonna have to plunge for a new one. Probably won't be an OEM one this time though. Wish I could insurance claim on it but being 18 a claim is around $1,500 and a new front lip is around $1,300. Can get one from the US for $100 but I'd hate to think the cost of shipping a front lip to here!!! 1f26a8ab1bcd43bb26c24b552b43dbea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Conducks said:

Finally got around to taking off my front lip. Gonna try get it plastic welded otherwise looks like I'm gonna have to plunge for a new one. Probably won't be an OEM one this time though. Wish I could insurance claim on it but being 18 a claim is around $1,500 and a new front lip is around $1,300. Can get one from the US for $100 but I'd hate to think the cost of shipping a front lip to here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be surprised some of the shipping is bloody cheap. Mate brought a lip in from US for $100ish.

Spent the day with ajay at @Subirex Automotive changing out my cambelt, water pump, cam seals, oil pump seal. Looking at the melting of the bearing seals, and the state of the belt, the label under the bonnet saying 93k was the date of the one and only cambelt change, ajay reckons I was bloody lucky it hadnt snapped, and yeah, looking at the state of the belt, so am I. It had streached so much my cams were out by I reckon nearly 5 degrees because of the cambelt streach.

Previous cambelt change also cross threaded and snapped one of the water pump bolts as well as stripping 3 of the other water pump bolt holes. Ended up being a bit of a mission.

I managed to pry a zerosports rear strut brace and syms front strut brace out of ajays fingers too, good lad!!! 

Had a play with @WRXforme 's boost maps after some tasty mods, sorted out a seriously scary overboost issue and brought it back down under better control. Pulls like a freight train, but its doing it safely. Enjoy bro!!

• Like 3

• General Member

I put it up on Jack stands, took the wheels off to rotate the tyres, started tittoing with the exhaust bracket I bent at Flatnats then forgot why the wheels were off and put them back on without rotating them and didnt realize until it was off the stands :mad:... Probably the most love its going to see until December.

• Like 4

Installed my new ECU in the RS. Thanks to @blitzd808 for supply me with one. Not a RS ra one, but is matched to the the turbo in the car. 

Next weekends job will be to finish bolting the turbo back up installing all the intake piping and battery and getting her running again. Got too cold to finish off yesterday.

• Like 1

Niiice braces!
I won a trademe Auction for the 3 defi gauges I needed to complete my life.
Trademe user: Summergirl29, Kirsty, from Christchurch with the GRB; I don't know who you are, but you made me pay -not more money than I was willing to spend; but you extended the auction by easily 10 minutes from a comfortable $245 to $330; and then left. Not cool. 
Sometimes I feel like people get their friends to bid on things to increase the sale price.

Now I'm waiting for them to arrive. *schoolgirl shrieks*

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

Trademe user: Summergirl29, Kirsty, from Christchurch with the GRB; I don't know who you are, but you made me pay -not more money than I was willing to spend; but you extended the auction by easily 10 minutes from a comfortable $245 to $330; and then left. Not cool

So common and it sucks!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

Niiice braces!
I won a trademe Auction for the 3 defi gauges I needed to complete my life.
Trademe user: Summergirl29, Kirsty, from Christchurch with the GRB; I don't know who you are, but you made me pay -not more money than I was willing to spend; but you extended the auction by easily 10 minutes from a comfortable $245 to $330; and then left. Not cool. 
Sometimes I feel like people get their friends to bid on things to increase the sale price.

Now I'm waiting for them to arrive. *schoolgirl shrieks*

Or maybe they only have $320 to spend??? :P

1 hour ago, ADIKT said:

Installed the strut braces 

20170612_211508_zps7thw7zeb.jpg

20170612_211445_zpskaoqnf8x.jpg

God I wish bought this... what with mine being in the shop this week I couldn't justify the cost.

Glad it was someone who is going to put them to use and appreciate them though!

• Like 1

Replaced pads on all 4 corners. Rears were TOTALLY buggered. 

Like, pull the pad backing plate out and it left the pad behind. Lol... Bendix heavy duty rears and ultimate fronts. Feels like the lines need bleeding again, will have to wait till my braided lines show up

• Like 2

On 2017-6-13 at 2:57 PM, ADIKT said:

A present from Japan arrived yesterday - changed my mind again lol (got one a while ago, changed my mind and sold it) 

20170613_143348_zpstsgwmvrv.jpg

Where are you guys buying these? The part number I found online doesn't have a listing on partsouq. It just seems ridiculous to pay the $5-700 people want for these. I'm looking for the dual climate version of above.

35 minutes ago, KarlGTB said:

Where are you guys buying these? The part number I found online doesn't have a listing on partsouq. It just seems ridiculous to pay the $5-700 people want for these. I'm looking for the dual climate version of above.

PM'd