Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Got me some BL/BP Quad AVCS heads for the Type RA since mine are probably poked. Might be able to fix the V5 STi RA heads but decided quad AVCS will be nicer :)

Plan is to do some mild backyard porting and drop in Valve springs with some slightly more aggressive cams to suit a 2.35 Closed deck bottom end and Holset. 

Things are happening again.

• Like 3

Acquired some sti "sport" engine mounts to match the gearbox mount. 

Waiting on air intake to arrive then install. 

Parts on their way from the states, things progressing slowly. This thing is getting to be a bit of a monster, sucking all my spare cash and time, but I wouldnt have it any other way LOL

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

Got me some BL/BP Quad AVCS heads for the Type RA since mine are probably poked. Might be able to fix the V5 STi RA heads but decided quad AVCS will be nicer :)

Plan is to do some mild backyard porting and drop in Valve springs with some slightly more aggressive cams to suit a 2.35 Closed deck bottom end and Holset. 

Things are happening again.

Good stuff. Should end up fairly similar to mine if mine ever eventuates. Thinking about the Kelford 220-B's. Should go well without being too aggressive.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Good stuff. Should end up fairly similar to mine if mine ever eventuates. Thinking about the Kelford 220-B's. Should go well without being too aggressive.

Cheers bud. What's your build consisting of by chance? 

I'm considering the Kelford 220-C's now that they've fixed their issue with bad cams. 

Rest of build will be Center thrust CDB 2.5

2.0 nitrated crank

Elongated Argo rods to accommodate compression fix

Forged Wosner 99.5mm pistons

Quad AVCS heads with porting

HRC35/2 Holset

Flipped N/A manifold

FMIC 

• Like 2

• Admin

Similar but not so aggressive for mine. 

New 257, gonna stay bog standard other than  forged pistons of some variety

Quad AVCS heads with Kelford B or C's, springs and some very mild head work. Think Tony said it was only the dogleg exhaust runner that'd really need fixing up other than matching it to the 2.5 bore.

The same HRC35/2 Holset unless I end up grabbing Boons or a BW 200SXE

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

Similar but not so aggressive for mine. 

New 257, gonna stay bog standard other than  forged pistons of some variety

Quad AVCS heads with Kelford B or C's, springs and some very mild head work. Think Tony said it was only the dogleg exhaust runner that'd really need fixing up other than matching it to the 2.5 bore.

The same HRC35/2 Holset unless I end up grabbing Boons or a BW 200SXE

Go the 14 or 16cm imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dairusire said:

Cheers bud. What's your build consisting of by chance? 

I'm considering the Kelford 220-C's now that they've fixed their issue with bad cams. 

Rest of build will be Center thrust CDB 2.5

2.0 nitrated crank

Elongated Argo rods to accommodate compression fix

Forged Wosner 99.5mm pistons

Quad AVCS heads with porting

HRC35/2 Holset

Flipped N/A manifold

FMIC 

what sort of power is this aiming for? sounds like a pretty expensive shopping list!

In other news, I feel like I've  just about crossed that fine line... But I like it :P #gotrice ? 

wXKCiqx.jpg

what sort of power is this aiming for? sounds like a pretty expensive shopping list!

In other news, I feel like I've  just about crossed that fine line... But I like it #gotrice ? 
wXKCiqx.jpg

still missing one...

Sent from my Baked potato using Telekinesis

Engine mounts in. 

Gearbox mount in.

Holy crap, what a difference. My rear shifter bushing is Poked though. *sigh* it never ends hahahaha

Aem intake is in. Holy crap it sounds good, but its a wrx specific intake. Driving home with a little bit of throttle my afr gauge dipped into the 9s so I limped it home and i'm currently adjusting my map with a wrx afm scaling. 

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

It's aiming for what I like to call 'enough' lol. Won't really be for a number game though.

I dunno though. I like the way @Furze car drives. However I want it on a bit earlier with some more low down balls without loosing the higher revving 2.0 sound. As I absolutely love the sound of an EJ crossing 7-8k RPM. Sounds like an absolute demon. 

Oh and I'm running e85. May as well since you know... I've got the entire car plumbed up for it with flexfuel -_-

• Like 2

• Admin

Should be a god damn monster with a destroker and e85. Dunno why they can't hurry up and bring the alcoholic goodness down these ways.

Also, whats the timeline for this? Going to get onto it fairly quickly or fluff around indefinately as i've been doing.

• Like 2

Should be a god damn monster with a destroker and e85. Dunno why they can't hurry up and bring the alcoholic goodness down these ways.

Also, whats the timeline for this? Going to get onto it fairly quickly or fluff around indefinately as i've been doing.

as quick as peer pressure and limited funds can go.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

haha one hopes so. 

It should indeed be absolutely nightmare-ish. 

Timeline is entirely dependent on funds. Which I'm trying to save as much as I can for. Which would've been easier if my motor hadn't blown up in the first place.... 

• Like 1

haha one hopes so. 
It should indeed be absolutely nightmare-ish. 

Timeline is entirely dependent on funds. Which I'm trying to save as much as I can for. Which would've been easier if my motor hadn't blown up in the first place.... 

soz xoxo

• Admin
Just now, 94 Leone said:

soz xoxo

/me kicks @94 Leone to see if he's like a piggy bank and if money drops out.

In all seriousness though. We know it's not your fault. It's just how to prove exactly what / who is at fault is hard but I'll make it happen.

• Like 1

/me kicks [mention=8374]94 Leone[/mention] to see if he's like a piggy bank and if money drops out.

In all seriousness though. We know it's not your fault. It's just how to prove exactly what / who is at fault is hard but I'll make it happen.

Can assist in manual labour, dancing, beer drinking and morale. also, helping with your setup will help give me ideas for when I inevitably go holset lol.