Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
1 minute ago, shady said:

Yea and the cost. Is a 5 speed ever going to be as strong though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely the cost of a 6 speed is a bummer. I should know on that one xD

a 5 speed can be as strong, but it requires pulling it apart, putting what's known as 'blast plates' inside to stiffen the box casings, and then dropping in a stronger gearset from the likes of PPG etc. If you can do that S*** youself, you could have a stronger box than a 6 speed. Downside, if you break one of those, it could well cost you more to fix it than a 6 speed xD

Yeah definitely the cost of a 6 speed is a bummer. I should know on that one

a 5 speed can be as strong, but it requires pulling it apart, putting what's known as 'blast plates' inside to stiffen the box casings, and then dropping in a stronger gearset from the likes of PPG etc. If you can do that S*** youself, you could have a stronger box than a 6 speed. Downside, if you break one of those, it could well cost you more to fix it than a 6 speed

Yea gearsets aren't cheap either, they make the 6 speed swap look worth the coin. Bit to think about I guess. Did you enjoy the difference from the 5 speed?

• Like 1

Yea gearsets aren't cheap either, they make the 6 speed swap look worth the coin. Bit to think about I guess. Did you enjoy the difference from the 5 speed?

6 speed in his GC8 felt perfect! close ratios, light car. no smoke and mirrors just a good time. then came the smoke.

Sent from my Baked potato using Telekinesis

• Like 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

6 speed in his GC8 felt perfect! close ratios, light car. no smoke and mirrors just a good time. then came the smoke.

Sent from my Baked potato using Telekinesis

lol dat smoke machine doe

17 minutes ago, shady said:

Yeah it feels great! To be honest though I really did like the feel of the 5 speed, but 6 speed is just something else.

Picked up a set of 195/60R15 Pirelli Cinturato P6s today as part of my 'theme' for my car (90s Subaru WRC inspired, Pirelli were a sponsor) 

420 treadware, traction rating A and other rating A, 88V. 

I'm not expecting too much in the way of performance but it will be an upgrade. 

Picked up a set of 195/60R15 Pirelli Cinturato P6s today as part of my 'theme' for my car (90s Subaru WRC inspired, Pirelli were a sponsor) 

420 treadware, traction rating A and other rating A, 88V. 

I'm not expecting too much in the way of performance but it will be an upgrade. 

Nice, tyres are always a good place to spend some coin

Tried to fit the turbo, keeping engine bay clean is a royal pain in the arse when you can only get the turbo on, in a very specific order. Luckily I remembered the exact order on only my 5th attempt. At least it's done now,  the turbo oil drain is a pain in the arse too especially when trying to make a dash 10 hose go on dash 12 fitting.