Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

16 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Eh, didn't do too badly for being myself, didn't go to set any real times, but more so to learn to drive it better, as I've never been very confident at sliding around corners etc, so just lots of practice, that being considered, for once I wasn't last in class, and came out 2nd last in class instead :P

No in car this time, just a drone video a friend made, that I'm in once very briefly.

Sweet, that looks like a lot of fun. If there's any hillclimb like that around Auckland I might be keen to give it a try.

[mention=20054]Conducks[/mention] What mufflers are you running at the moment?
Do you think its much louder than the stock DP? Sounds a bit strange to me that they wouldn't tune as too loud.
Would putting the original mufflers on for the tune cause issues when you replace with the aftermarket ones?

Well currently it’s 4” downpipe into 3” straight pipe to 4” quad tips... with no resonators or mufflers........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are joking right?

Not joking. Am fully straight piped now 4” downpipe into 3” straight pipe to 4” tips

17 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Eh, didn't do too badly for being myself, didn't go to set any real times, but more so to learn to drive it better, as I've never been very confident at sliding around corners etc, so just lots of practice, that being considered, for once I wasn't last in class, and came out 2nd last in class instead :P

No in car this time, just a drone video a friend made, that I'm in once very briefly.

Today I Finally took the rocker covers off of the new engine and found that Cylinder 3's Exhaust valves have too much gap between the buckets and the cam. 

It's o.3mm on one and 0.4mm on the other, where it should be 0.2mm.

Now to find out why....

Watched the vid but unsure of what car you drive these days?

P.s super keen to do this, any around ak happening?

My next track day is booked for the 21st ^_ ^

• Subscribed Member
1 hour ago, delta said:

Sweet, that looks like a lot of fun. If there's any hillclimb like that around Auckland I might be keen to give it a try.

11 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

Watched the vid but unsure of what car you drive these days?

P.s super keen to do this, any around ak happening?

My next track day is booked for the 21st ^_ ^

Yellow and blue legacy for me, 3:35 into the video:

My favourite photo from the day: (I really need to fix that spot I missed painting on the roll cage...)

wbpNHZQ.jpg?1

Depends on where you are, but here's a few links to get you guys going, there's a mix of sealed tarmac and gravel events around:

Motorkhanas are great fun too.

http://www.kiwimotoring.com/clubs/category/hillclimb-clubs

http://www.sccnz.co.nz/upcoming-events/results/

http://www.hcmc.org.nz/

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Conducks said:

Well currently it’s 4” downpipe into 3” straight pipe to 4” quad tips... with no resonators or mufflers........

Yeah that might be a problem, that sounds like it would be loud. Also do you know the db  level of the exhaust as I imagine it wouldn't pass a WOF, also if very loud then the Tuner may have health and safety issues if the noise is too loud.

• Admin

Sure there’d be some rotors and v8’s out there that’d still make this seem reasonable volume wise. 

Other thing is it isn’t technically WOF legal regardless of volume. Later model vehicles have to retain a cat for compliance. Only really think I get away with mine as it visually looks like it has one and isn’t all that loud. 

There really is no way of mistaking this and they’ll pay even more attention to it if it’s cutting it close on volume compliance too.

Good to see it fitted up sweet with the steering linkage though 👍

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, G B said:

Absolutely. Wish I could spend $$$$$ on my car and not bother with a mortgage or bills xD 

^^ Yeah bills suck, I dont have a mortgage but rent is just as bad -_- cant wait till ive finished building my house up north - ill only have to pay for rates/power/water ^_ ^ loungin* 

Agree that it does sound like ass with the mufflers in, and I don’t really care who “Owns” it. I’m the one who drives it every single day, who’s done 30,000km in it since “I started driving it” a year ago off the lot. You mortgage a house and you don’t own it but you continue to live in it, put pictures up, paint the walls... My dad just told me he wants to see me enjoy his money instead of him not get to see me enjoy it. They bought the car for me without asking, it was a surprise. Originally I was looking at a R33 or R34 N/A Skyline but they insisted I get a safe modern car and not have the trouble that older cars have.

• Like 1

No need to justify or defend yourself. There's definitely a little jealousy at play, but just keep on keepin' on. My j pipe arrived yesterday and I'm putting it on next week when the spare turbo studs arrive (I'm expecting at least one of the shitty OEMs to snap). I went with a resonated and catted Cobb to go with my HKS exhaust to keep things as stealth as possible.

So I have not really driven my Version 8 much over the past 6 months, hence nothing really been done to it.

But today I (finally) dropped off my Pink injectors off to Vantage Auto to be flow tested, cleaned and have new O-Rings installed. Yes I will FINALLY be on track to install the VF30, 3 port solenoid and a retune :) Not looking for more power, just a more responsive set up.

• Like 2