Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Somehow managed to reshape and wedge the removed section of bumper behind what's left to create new supports.

Will see tomorrow how it holds up to high speed.

That or go to the wreckers and get another one if it rips off.

washed exhaust tips and muffler so they shine ready for beening seen in daylight.

@RAYDEO Me too, just now I have two of them. One corded and one cordless. Corded one spent a lot of time cleaning ports and polishing things. Cordless one I think is going to have a life of cutting and removing things only.

• Like 1

On January 9, 2018 at 11:03 PM, Zenki said:

sOTE2UXl.jpg

When off the shelf colours just won't do...

(Yes I know you can paint over paint but where's the fun in that)

@Zenki are the covers actually required?

I have a set fitted and don't like the colour so can I be lazy and just unscrew and not have the covers?

On 22/01/2018 at 0:46 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Obviously not in the car yet but these turned up this morning, thanks to @tweedo

Looking forward to some even front and back height finally.

24955321407_edc3fe8b0c_b.jpg

Nice! I also really like their purples, stealth option too. Can't wait to hear how they perform

Ok finally got the car out into the world...

XVAmi.jpg

Corners are just rough cut still as the cutting blades has to much jitter when cutting corners that tight. So that will have to wait for a smaller cutting wheel.

Good news is there is no movement in the bumper at  99.99kph B| even passing near trucks and walls. Though I think double sided tape or sealer maybe required at some stage just to keep it in place if it get physically knocked. The tray can pop out of place slightly but not actually seperate from the car.

If you look closely you can see the three pairs of holes in the seam above the cut where the cable ties (:xalso known as greatest invention ever, after the car and gas and...:x) have been used to make 3 mounting points for the new under tray.

After the new exhaust is in I'll most likely take out a little more and make a new rear tray from the diff back. There will be no need for the heat shield across the car since the exhaust will be tucked up one side like the sedan. That should also make the diff visible from the back too so will have to shine it up, ok maybe not.

:$ exhaust tips are blue but just dirty. Just be thankful the bumper is cleaned, and that was only done to remove all the dirty hand prints from doing the work.

• Like 1

• Admin

Whiteline rear sway bar installed...
Removing the stock bar was relatively easy, installing the Whiteline bar was going well until I went to tighten one of the upper sway bar mount bolts...
Managed to cross-thread the damn thing! (many expletives were used).

After a very sedate trip to @Subirex Automotive, a quick rethread and some power tools make the rest of the job a lot quicker.

I must say, I had high expectations for the 22mm bar, and it exceed them.
The car is way flatter through the corners, allowing me to go significantly quicker on entry and carry the speed through the apex.
Surprisingly very little negative impact to the ride comfort. Almost makes it more comfortable due to the lack of roll.

Would definitely recommend all the 5th Gen owners look at doing the same.

• Like 2

Upgraded to Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades

fDjnTUg.jpg

I don't know why I waited so long to do it, it's night and day compared to the stock wipers. Perfect wiping in a complete silence.

And they are lighter too, which is what you want right ? xD

• Like 1

Yesterday helped install a new stereo and rewired an amp for a mate who had been shopping at repco 30% off sale.

I called repco to see if they had any underseat subs, "yes we stock one crewin vega unit".

I'd looked at the VPAS10 10" 450w max 200W RMS so it's a nice unit just to big for the backseat armrest replacement location I wanted.

Today I looked at repco since I was on the way past as worst case I find some random stuff to buy.

WTF it's the newer VPAS12 250w RMS 12" woofer and nicer case, best part $280 on sale. F*** the armrest idea that's powerful enough I don't care.

The tiny 50w pioneer, Kenwood etc underseat 5x9 woofers are $299.

Pictures and specs...

81wOD5MbCAL._SX522_.jpg

VPAS10

VPAS12 (really still 10" with surround, even written on the unit itself)

Edited by Gripless
  • Like 1

Whats it like bass wise? I had a sub and amp in the boot of my RS when I first got it but I binned it because it was giant and crap - however my car speakers have like no bass at all 

Interested in something like this if it can relieve my door speakers and pickup some low tones 

20 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

Whats it like bass wise? I had a sub and amp in the boot of my RS when I first got it but I binned it because it was giant and crap - however my car speakers have like no bass at all 

Interested in something like this if it can relieve my door speakers and pickup some low tones 

Not hooked up yet... Won't get a chance until Tuesday to power it up. Sale ends Tuesday if you're looking.

Still 50/50 on location to install. Most likely stuck to rear seat back, otherwise front passengers footwell.

Though the reviews are pretty good and it is solid. That much wattage should give good control for nice tight bass.

I have to find good hole in firewall and also strip the foam off the rear seat to get some blots through.

I'm not sure install manual recommended 25mm screws into the seat back will be the best for the poor passengers :o

• Like 1

My VPAS10 is in the passenger footwell. I tried very hard to get the 12 to fit, but it ate more legroom than I was comfortable with (it's not a good sign when you don't fit into your own passenger seat).

NGcVBtOl.jpg

It could be louder, the bass is mushier than I'd like, and it puts out basically nothing below 40hz. With that said I tend to be a very harsh critic when it comes to sound quality, as far as car audio goes it definitely punches well above its size category. Great for any music without synthesized bass lines -  adds a good, chest-thumping* punch to bass drums and does a very good job of filling out bass guitar riffs.

It's certainly not the best thing for D&B, R&B, EDM, etc - but a far cry from having no subwoofer at all, especially if a full-sized sub in a proper enclosure just isn't an option. 

* disclaimer - mine points more or less directly at the passenger's torso

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zenki said:

My VPAS10 is in the passenger footwell. I tried very hard to get the 12 to fit, but it ate more legroom than I was comfortable with (it's not a good sign when you don't fit into your own passenger seat).

It could be louder, the bass is mushier than I'd like, and it puts out basically nothing below 40hz. With that said I tend to be a very harsh critic when it comes to sound quality, as far as car audio goes it definitely punches well above its size category. Great for any music without synthesized bass lines -  adds a good, chest-thumping* punch to bass drums and does a very good job of filling out bass guitar riffs.

It's certainly not the best thing for D&B, R&B, EDM, etc - but a far cry from having no subwoofer at all, especially if a full-sized sub in a proper enclosure just isn't an option. 

* disclaimer - mine points more or less directly at the passenger's torso

Roger that, yeah Ive been in a car that had one (about 8years ago think it was one of those fusion sub tube things - tech is probably better now) and it just sounded like a louder car speaker - i.e - not splitting into a proper low pass frequency.

Im gonna go have a look tomorrow and probably grab one - ive already got all the wiring to the boot so ill prob mount it to the back of the rear seat or similar

I'd recommend mounting in it in the cabin if you're going to get one, it's got punch but it's certainly not a match for a full sized sub in an enclosure. 

I installed a similarly sized Fusion unit under the seat of a BF in the past, you should have enough room to squeeze the VPAS10 in. 

pKcLgQzl.jpg

• Like 1