Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Got my car back from the panel beaters after a prang a few weeks back. There was slight damage to the passenger side front wheel so that was repaired. It is now in immaculate, as new condition. The other three wheels are in good condition, but god damn does the repaired one make them look S***!!

ZPJBRYr.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, thewabbit1 said:

Got my car back from the panel beaters after a prang a few weeks back. There was slight damage to the passenger side front wheel so that was repaired. It is now in immaculate, as new condition. The other three wheels are in good condition, but god damn does the repaired one make them look S***!!

ZPJBRYr.jpg

Damn that looks good.
Should get a quote to get the other ones tidied up ;)

• Admin
22 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Damn that looks good.
Should get a quote to get the other ones tidied up ;)

Yea, asked how much it would cost through the panel beaters and was quoted $180 per wheel.... wasn't so keen at that stage, but now.... gonna see what other places will quote me

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, Berg said:

Those look rather tasty- haven't seen that design before either.

BBS RG-H (RG409). BBS Japan design, forged monobloc - usually found on E81/87s, as far as I can tell. I'm looking for a tidier set but they're quite rare and I'd prefer a more aggressive offset anyway, so I've been keeping an eye out for the OE Evo X BBS wheels (RG406, funnily enough) to wear on the street.

Somebody once pointed out to me that they look like big flowers.

dHJpV92.jpg

Can't unsee. 

The brakes are new, though.

10 hours ago, McMatty said:

Swapped over to the leather front seats for comfort but now can’t have fun in the twisties so might chuck the wrx seats back in, do like the comfort though

Yeah that's the annoying thing with leather seats, I would like leather seats but I'm pretty sure I would regret my choice because of that if I get them

Yeah that's the annoying thing with leather seats, I would like leather seats but I'm pretty sure I would regret my choice because of that if I get them

They were only $50 so I thought why not try them, think I’ll give them another week then maybe swap them back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, McMatty said:

They were only $50 so I thought why not try them, think I’ll give them another week then maybe swap them back

That's a really good price indeed!

Ooor .. other solution ... you need 2 cars : one with leather seats for traffic jam and a backroad/track car without :D

That's a really good price indeed!
Ooor .. other solution ... you need 2 cars : one with leather seats for traffic jam and a backroad/track car without 

Was planning on finding a rev d b4 for that exact reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Clean the inside of the windscreen (rainex anti-fog)... replaced the front wiper blades... removed the rear wiper assembly (bit of weight reduction)...

took an angle grinder to the jack holder (to make a bit more space)... packed it with racing wheels/tyres and tools etc ready for sprint tomorrow... 

updated ECU logging profile... checked oil level, put 0.5 a litre in... bought some more oil... earlier in the week I had the front bumper opened up

to allow more air to get through the intercooler and radiator and added shrouding.

• Like 4

Started to strip the forester of all the add on parts to sell them off. 2 1/2 Years from a almost stock forester SF5 to something hat gave a lot of people a good surprise on the track.

Time for the next project. If any wants or needs any parts yell out I’ll list them all up in the Coming weeks

df95294fc3e2332e25deff1b07a853da.jpg

getting my new tyres fitted next week, neuton nt5000 - not that flash but got cheap as on easter deals and should be miles better than what i have atm proper size should go long way to fixing arch gap. planning on sanding down the wheels and painting bronze/gold but keeping silver rim. might finally put those mudflaps on too which i purchased over a year ago.

got a query about wheel nuts though, where are the best deals, what size do you get? how are they security wise, do you get options with lock nuts? i have 1 lock nut on each wheel at the moment and it provides me with a level of security, though i guess many believe they are unnecessary. I've only parked my car for long periods of time (6hrs+) twice in south auckland and both times i returned to find all nuts on a wheel had been undone til they realized they couldn't get lockouts off (this was my old car, i don't park the subi in dodgy places if i can avoid it :P

• Admin

7 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

I have a set of steel Rays nuts (incl 4 security lock nuts) in black that I used to have on my Legacy. Though will be more expansive than a set of brand new TM specials :D

I’m keen to grab those if Batbaruman doesn’t want them. Need a set for when I go back to get my cert plate. The guy passed it but said he wanted to see steel ones on there when I go back.

Are they these one's? Just about to buy a set of those as they’re similar to the current ones and still quite subtle.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/lug-nuts/vol-w1712125b-volk-racing-rays-17-hex-12x1-25-lug-nuts-black