Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

I reckon you'd never guess it right team as it's a bit of a... ummm almost a midlife crisis automobile :D

5 hours ago, willisnz said:

@sobanoodle don't tease us... Pics!

You know the story... the car has to be clean, moonphase has to be perfect and all that...

5 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Not many in the just over 5m range. Most large sedans/wagons seem to be a smidge under. So i’m putting my money on an Audi Q7 

Not ready to become a barge owner

4 hours ago, newsuba said:

merc GL ?

See above :)

4 hours ago, ADIKT said:

Def a Ford Transit 

You are getting close, probably sounds about the same from the outside anyway

Gotta love a full tank for under a hundred and a range of 1,000km though.  

20 minutes ago, Individualities said:

How big's the tank?

My Dad gets around 1000km a tank in his 2017 Mazda 6 2.2 diesel.

70L

24 minutes ago, Berg said:

Those new two-tone Volkswagen combi?

Caravelle you mean? That would've been nice for summer adventures.

I have been installing a hydraulic handbrake for the last couple of weeks... took a week and many attempts to bleed it... still doesn't work.

Very annoying. Either it still has air in the system though the foot brake feels completely normal... or I got the wrong size master cylinders,

too big. It's a twin cylinder unit in order to keep the diagonal redundancy. 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 7/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, sobanoodle said:

Got myself a touch over 5 metres of diesel goodness.

Hmmm.... Maserati Quattroporte, Lexus LS, or Audi A8? (guesses in that order)
Don't figure the XJ Jag is your style.
Unless you've gone back to JDM and grabbed a Toyota Crown? O.o

• Admin
1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Hmmm.... Maserati Quattroporte, Lexus LS, or Audi A8? (guesses in that order)
Don't figure the XJ Jag is your style.
Unless you've gone back to JDM and grabbed a Toyota Crown? O.o

I forgot about the diesel element....

giphy.gif

Definitely Audi A8 or BMW 7 series then.

53 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

bmw 730d. 5.1m length. the ceo of bmw drives this around himself so seems like a good pick for you. how much did you score this for? time for pics now.

yes, time for coyness is over

xD

38 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Very nice indeed @sobanoodle. How old’s the kid these days? Those rear seats don’t look super child seat friendly

He's only (or more like already) 2.5, there is actually much more room at the back than what 535 Touring offered, somewhat surprising really. I reckon you can super comfortably seat two medium build adults at the. 2 door version is more like 2+2. 

25 minutes ago, newsuba said:

what was the earlier comment about no barges ?

In my view she's more like a sexy speedboat, one of those classy Italian ones ;)

6 minutes ago, D1Style said:

I have been looking at these but was worried about room in the back for my 2 little ones especially once the car seats are in there. 

So was I until I actually went to have a look at one, adjusted the front seats as myself or my partner would sit and then checked what the rear was looking like - much more leg room than 535I, maybe a touch less head room height wise. We have front facing seat and he cannot reach the front passenger seat with his legs anymore. I reckon 5 series seats are much bulkier than 6 series (coupe pedigree), hence more room. Boot is big enough to easily swallow Mountain Buggy Terrain with larger wheels attaches, leaving enough room for more stuff. The opening itself is not very wide but the boot is spacious. 

Managed to score a NZ new specimen with comfort seats, 4-zone climate, adaptive drive, full adaptive led headlights, head-up display, lane departure and blind spots, 360 cameras etc.

As per usual, done a few coding changes, updated maps to 2018 version, installed Pivot Throttle controller. Thinking of activating Speed limit info (reads and displays road signs).

44 minutes ago, delta said:

Nice @sobanoodle

Better choice than an Audi (think you were talking about the RS3 at some point) in my opinion.

Audis are all good, just not my thing... Realised that when I jumped back into the bimmer.

• Like 1

It does. The new aluminium ducting replaces the factory shroud, and has rubber seals around it to stop air escaping. When closed the shroud presses up against the intercooler, so the plastic factory engine cover goes in the bin. 

• Like 3

• Admin
55 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Came out to my daily today and saw that it had a flat tyre so took the wagon to work, came home and went to swap to the spare and saw this, I’m gonna guess it’s not fixable?

It might be repairable, looks mostly surface rust.
Could dry it out, sand it back, rust convert it, prep and paint.

3 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Managed to score a NZ new specimen with comfort seats, 4-zone climate, adaptive drive, full adaptive led headlights, head-up display, lane departure and blind spots, 360 cameras etc.

As per usual, done a few coding changes, updated maps to 2018 version, installed Pivot Throttle controller. Thinking of activating Speed limit info (reads and displays road signs).

You always find the cleanest and nicest cars :D
Keen to see this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

You always find the cleanest and nicest cars :D
Keen to see this one.

Fark I am not so sure about posting pics of my cars online anymore... it's almost like they become cursed or something, kind of want this one to last a bit longer than a year :) 

• Like 1