Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Not really what did I do, but what a buddy of mine did... 

He's bought himself a 06 BP5 Legacy Wagon turbo 6 speed.

First things is to fix the few little issues it has, then get him onto do some mods. Gonna do the QoL ones first, then maybe some performance stuff. I know he wants it tuned, just so the fuel map is fattened up a little for safety mainly, but that'll probably result in more power too, which is always a bonus. 

3 half days and still at it.Replacing my sons entire legacy gtb McIntosh stereo system.New Alpine head unit,MB Quartz reference speakers,Rockfordfosgate 4 channel amplifier and sub.All new,old school gear which I’ve hoarded since the early 2000’s.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dre said:

3 half days and still at it.Replacing my sons entire legacy gtb McIntosh stereo system.New Alpine head unit,MB Quartz reference speakers,Rockfordfosgate 4 channel amplifier and sub.All new,old school gear which I’ve hoarded since the early 2000’s.

How did you wire up the power for the Amp? cos from memory the Factory McIntosh one pulls from the headunit power.

1 hour ago, Individualities said:

How did you wire up the power for the Amp? cos from memory the Factory McIntosh one pulls from the headunit power.

Running a 50 Amp fused cable from the battery to the amp under the passenger seat.My son’s Legacy bh gtb 2002 had a 5 channel McIntosh amp under the drivers seat with it’s own power supply.

Edited by Dre

2 hours ago, Dre said:

Running a 50 Amp fused cable from the battery to the amp under the passenger seat.My son’s Legacy bh gtb 2002 had a 5 channel McIntosh amp under the drivers seat with it’s own power supply.

Cheers. I'm trying to figure out a way to wire an Amp up in the original under the seat position, without the ugly cable from the battery.

I've just got the wires joined under the seat at the moment, and using the stero amp. But will go all out soon(ish) on a new stereo system.

11 hours ago, Individualities said:

Cheers. I'm trying to figure out a way to wire an Amp up in the original under the seat position, without the ugly cable from the battery.

I've just got the wires joined under the seat at the moment, and using the stero amp. But will go all out soon(ish) on a new stereo system.

The cable will disappear in a Subaru engine bay if it’s a dark colour or sleeved.If you run high current amp/amps you need high current (large gauge) cable.Also a fuse or circuit breaker no more than 300mm from the battery terminal.Easiest place to grab power from is the cigarette lighter,I will be using that for the head unit power.

• Admin

Weather has been great. So, as such, I can do some parts cleaning and in general tidying.

The flywheel was the primary thing stopping me from getting the motor in the hole. Rusty as hell. So, down to bunnings wire wheel bought. Cleaned the thing and am happy with how it turned out. :D

Also turns out that -8 pfte braided fuel lines are waaaaay easier to do than -6. Got what I can do without needing the motor in the car to get the right measurements.

And for my last party trick. I got my hands on a brand new in package v10 sti twinscroll sump. Delicious. Something about getting new parts innit. 9566ee323551c0a8ecaf9461ff8886da.jpgb5d2a86d6b74a464efcc395cb1118bbb.jpg9abb8daa4fde93320a1819454cacf479.jpgf1adc74a101e6e783a78a1be1b339388.jpg74bcc84012dfeafae7a03926c9e8f25e.jpg70a673f0fd23326511441025b2edb213.jpg

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Put the wheels from the sedan onto the wagon, pretty annoyed as the tyre shop told me my 2 Potenza MY02 tyres were buggered and I needed new ones, after all said and done turns out they're sweet and were just trying to sell tyres, also I got gas because it was cheap370feb7681b4b611681214da32cf0f13.jpg4d6b6bb1af522b87422115e3d0780170.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Nothing today, but last Sunday I brushed off the motorsport cobwebs and gave the Forester some leadfoot at the MBOP motorkhana and autocross in Tauranga.

Motorkhana:

Autocross: 

Foz went better than I thought, although the tight slaloms were a handful with the power steering pump not really keeping up. It likes to understeer a lot more than my old legacy wagons but a bigger rear sway bar is on the list.

• Like 3

• Admin

Went to go put the motor in the hole. Mantic clutch Box says 6 speed clutch. Awesome.

Open the box, looks great! Awesome!

Put to the flywheel. Bit smaller than I expected. Less awesome.

Counted the bolts and compared to the old 6 speed clutch I have....

it's a 5 speed....

Not f*cking awesome.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

After quite a few afternoons scratching my head deciding where to sit it, the new AOS is finally in. It's by no means a pretty install but it should do what it's supposed to until I can be arsed tidying it up. 

It's a Subaru; as Alan (Turbo Yoda) from Allied Performance (MCM Skid Factory) has said - "It ain't a Subaru if it hasn't S*** everywhere." So don't feel too bad if the bay is messy.

My engine bay has coolant and vacuum lines everywhere for the TT S***.

Got that shift knob on yet? :P

Also, how is the Hardrace Pitch Stop mount? You've had it for a month or more IIRC. Any more harsh over the stock plastic POS?

Edited by Individualities

• Admin
9 hours ago, Individualities said:

It's a Subaru; as Alan (Turbo Yoda) from Allied Performance (MCM Skid Factory) has said - "It ain't a Subaru if it hasn't S*** everywhere." So don't feel too bad if the bay is messy.

My engine bay has coolant and vacuum lines everywhere for the TT S***.

Got that shift knob on yet? :P

Also, how is the Hardrace Pitch Stop mount? You've had it for a month or more IIRC. Any more harsh over the stock plastic POS?

Never realised he left AM autos and was out doing his own thing these days. 

Yea there certainly is S*** everywhere, which includes about a hundred cable ties.

I have actually. Put it on the day it turned up. Just haven't taken any pics of it in yet. It's certainly a nice improvement over the stock one.

Love the pitchstop. No harsher than stock noise/vibration wise but has almost completely removed all rocking when coming on/off throttle at low rpm

• Like 1

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Individualities said:

Yup. Put an LED in the high stop, and ABS code. And can't read the code without a SubaruSelect scan tool, so I'm just gonna leave it incandescent.

If you know a way around it do tell :P

Not sure what the bulb type is for that one, but most have options out there with internal resistors that mimic the loading of a traditional bulb to prevent weird issues like that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Not sure what the bulb type is for that one, but most have options out there with internal resistors that mimic the loading of a traditional bulb to prevent weird issues like that.

BA15S. I've bought Osram Premium LED bulbs for all the other stuff, so I could pick up some of their BA15S red ones and see what they do.

If not, can just sell em.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Individualities said:

Yup. Put an LED in the high stop, and ABS code. And can't read the code without a SubaruSelect scan tool, so I'm just gonna leave it incandescent.

If you know a way around it do tell :P

Haha embarrassingly I didn't realise that it was the LED triggering the ABS fault for way too long.
Spent ages cleaning ABS sensors and even got to the point of buying spares...