Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Drove up to Christchurch in the GC8 to deliver the 6-speed out of my wagon to SAS. It is in for a full set of new synchros as the 5th gear synchro was on its way out. I can't wait to get it back all nice again.

Also fill up on a bunch of 100 octane from npd :)

11 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Feel any different?

Hard to say, maybe a slight bit in 4th/5th may just be in my head though. I don't think my GC8 runs particularly aggressive ignition timing. Tbh i'm just sick of BP haha. Also seems to be permanent 12c off per litre at the one on Moorhouse? Not sure why.

I talked to Richard at SAS about it and he said they had tuned a few cars on it and it is great stuff.

Edited by IZichard
does/doesn't
  • Like 2

Hard to say, maybe a slight bit in 4th/5th may just be in my head though. I don't think my GC8 runs particularly aggressive ignition timing. Tbh i'm just sick of BP haha. Also seems to be permanent 12c off per litre at the one on Moorhouse? Not sure why.

I talked to Richard at SAS about it and he said they had tuned a few cars on it and it is great stuff.
If only it was available up here

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

• Subscribed Member
19 hours ago, IZichard said:

Drove up to Christchurch in the GC8 to deliver the 6-speed out of my wagon to SAS. It is in for a full set of new synchros as the 5th gear synchro was on its way out. I can't wait to get it back all nice again.

Also fill up on a bunch of 100 octane from npd :)

We drove down to Invers on the weekend and did the exact same in a mate's falcon. 
Can't say we really noticed any difference, but it didn't help we were towing a car trailer.

What peeved us off, is that 100 octane in invers is cheaper than 98 here in Dunedin!

Haven't done anything to my car today, but tonight I'll be pulling the turbo to replace a cross threaded stud, and pulling the down pipe to move the O2 sensor.

• Like 1

• Admin

Well, here's a shot of the outside and the interior. Very tidy to be honest. Boot and rear bumper need replacing as someone ruined that but for 3.8k I won't complain.

Also on tein springs and bilstein shocks and three inch exhaust which is surprisingly nice and not too loud.

I don't have any plans for it. It is getting a tune from@pappu next week for economy and for it to be healthy, however, it's my daily to replace my aging and shitty Nissan pulsar. 8f340f49bc74b243ac807715a14947c1.jpgd0f30ed23b0c8151fed9078cfd9ba410.jpg31dcc5c739a19ff18fbdaba3f51ebfaf.jpge4332c5d9ea8ee11d6877b0168fa4855.jpg9e977f423e6c7b382391a9ea6851d1ec.jpgfeea37617175db1b1ad0fcb6ad8a0691.jpg

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• Admin
1 hour ago, KiwiJoe said:

For anyone interested, this is what they look like installed on my WRX:

Very nice. Should stand the test of time better than some of the other, more out there, designs that start looking extremely dated after a couple of years.

• Subscribed Member

Those taillights are nice!

Picked up a new car for my Dad on the weekend, 2011 STI.

Drove it back to Dunedin from Christchurch via Mt Cook, so had to get some photos of what I could in the crummy weather!

qSQDCUu.jpg

3l2W96S.jpg

Such a nice car to drive, and totally different to the A-Line STI we used to have!

• Like 9

Maybe it's just the scale but the torque curve looks nice and flat. Looks like it would be nice to drive.

53 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Tune just completed on the rally car, 30KW increase, and a much smoother tune in general, very happy :)

nszx9ko.jpg

• Subscribed Member
15 hours ago, Loren said:

Maybe it's just the scale but the torque curve looks nice and flat. Looks like it would be nice to drive.

Yeah he said it's much smoother than it was previously, I'm looking forward to giving it a good drive. Just a couple of small things to sort first.

Compared to the old tune below, it's a much nicer curve!

LtB02Vz.jpg?1

• Admin

So... One of the big downsides about this car I bought is there are things that are a bit rough.... The Previous owner 'broke off a key' in the ignition barrel...and he naturally broke the ignition barrel so he could drive it *rolls eyes*

So, I forgot to take photos of when I started and when I finished, but we all know what they look like already, so no real loss there. 

DRdJHHg.jpg

Oh.... Would you look at that.... Spot the thing that's missing... 

This is what happens when you don't pay attention when trying to remove trims, and no it wasn't me. Ignition barrel decision much.

3XP3TTF.jpg?1

*insert craigslist ad*

Mint. Hardly even used and like new condition.

cxPMrOb.jpg

QCGE3nl.jpg

I'm fairly sure this is meant to be straight >.>

jyOcBAP.jpg

The bolts holding in the barrel weren't even snapped off! literally 2 minute job to take em off-_-

GioeUeX.jpg

'mostly' done. all put back together and sorted afterwards, but it now has a key to turn on! So that's a bonus.

Gwx5ozQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

So... One of the big downsides about this car I bought is there are things that are a bit rough...

I see you have acquired a BE/BH? So I'm obliged to come on here and say - Single Turbo it brah

• Like 2