Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

I actually find that Mothers Chrome Polish works an absolute charm for me. On the outside at least.
Put a couple of coats on my Legacy windscreen ages ago (like, over a year), and the rain still beads up nicely!

Ooh whenever this stuff runs out (lasted forever so far) May give some normal Meguiars was a go then. Love this combo as has served me well through the tough years with v7 sti which didn’t have AC, especially the interior anti fog rainx . Not sure about using polish agents with abrasives on modern windshields though? I heard modern glass is softer and can have micro scratches , would just stick to alcohol pad cleaning + wax coats on the safe side , crystal clear as is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Package arrived this morning from Sobanoodle, brought some Cusco braces that he had fitted to his old BR9 legacy.

Managed to install the rear brace front one for another day.

That combined with the whiteline sway bar will keep the back end nice and tight.
6ebd7b0b08ddf9b196b60ebe2c834057.jpg
c8876f44ed6fb0ccada0c088cfc4249a.jpg

• Like 5

My intercooler finally shipped and I bought the nzkw header last night. Car is coming together, waiting on my injectors to get back from servicing/spray patterns done and for the Cusco engine mounts to get back in stock at North shore Toyota. 

• Admin

Got home a bit early from work today and thought I'd give it the good ol' college try and fix my horn + Clock Spring + Airbag. 

Upon initial inspection, I deduced that the V10 Clock spring was totally F***ed

CBlIwSh.png

From this I knew I had a spare standard impreza clock spring laying around. Some connectors and wires were totally unneeded, so lopped them off and stuck them inside of the deatsch connector so as to isolate them so they won't short on anything. 

miPUkPK.png

30 minutes later and some fiddling, this is the end result. A working horn and Airbag.

Sjo8EsE.png

• Like 3

Spent 3 hours doing multi stage wash, claybar then dry. Looks good as from afar but gross up close with all the swirl marks. Excuse my ugly mug in some of the reflections, few scratches I intend to fix with polishing work after dinner while also hopefully getting rid of those swirl marks

690478df9f8d5c850591030fdcf7a91b.jpg0e0efc97fa79125f871f918633ecf69f.jpg
73043e0c39321cb4087461f50ffa0ae9.jpg
310a5c1504952e65233c90d9d71b224a.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

Spent 3 hours doing multi stage wash, claybar then dry. Looks good as from afar but gross up close with all the swirl marks. Excuse my ugly mug in some of the reflections, few scratches I intend to fix with polishing work after dinner while also hopefully getting rid of those swirl marks

Stop it... You're making me feel bad for only giving mine the odd bi-monthly Meguiar’s wash n wax for the last two years.......

• Like 5

Took a short break from long detailing process on my car to do a diy pod filter install in my mates 1.2L turbo Polo. Used old Simota filter I had lying around as he’s been wanting to fit one and all kits made for his car were like $300 . $10 elbow joint from mitre 10 and silicone joiner, super quick job. That thing responds so much better now and actually sounds deeper on the exhaust tone. Mate is happy as, he’s gonna paint the pvc pipe black and enjoy.
e49c7c821dd4e65fe54ba3b97bcfcc16.jpg

• Like 1

SAS baffle plate fitted, oil temp sensor fitted and wired into the Link, water pump replaced for a single port pump and new turbo oil drain fitted.

Just need to clean up the sump and reattach then drop the motor back in its hole. 8d7c779426272d7e1c54c7959f4ff400.jpgf7048e35c2a36154589fac1f4624958e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Took it for a *NOT* Sunday drive
5FHOcFR.jpg

I'm gonna miss the hell out of this car. The S401 is a truly special machine
I think the way you feel about the s401 is the way I feel about the rev d wagon.

As a side note, always wanted an s401.. The interior is beautiful..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JordanfromNZ said:

I think the way you feel about the S401 is the way I feel about the rev d wagon.

As a side note, always wanted an S401.. The interior is beautiful..

True. The S401 is just that much more special with all the extra little bits they got. I adore the 6 Speed (TY86) that Subaru has been making for ages! Such a wonderful transmission. Probably my favourite 6 speed - nice and notchy, and you always know you've gone into gear (especially with the CorgiWerx Delrin shifter bushings I've got in it).

I think the Rev D Legacy's are an unknown classic at the moment, for many reasons. Yes, they're flawed because of the TT system, but at the same time it makes them rather interesting and fun to drive! Then there's A_J_T who's first words about a Rev D TT is to "Single Turbo it brah," which are wise words lol.

The full black interior is quite something. Makes the interior feel much more complete compared the the white/cream upper like normal.

The closest thing to a S401 wagon from Subaru is the S-Edition wagon. They get the full black interior, but with the stock seats, and dash bits. Plus they got the WR Blue paint, 17" BBS wheels, and the 4 pot Subaru Sumitomo (or are they Tokiko?) calipers. Small changes over a normal Rev D TT, but enough to makes them that little bit more special!

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Individualities said:

I think the Rev D Legacy's are an unknown classic at the moment, for many reasons. Yes, they're flawed because of the TT system, but at the same time it makes them rather interesting and fun to drive

Nothing with a Legacy badge except the original RS-RA will ever be a "classic", far too many of them were just used as the family runabout and they don't have any sort of (well known) racing pedigree to make them desirable.

The rarer ones like the S401 will always hold some novelty value to Subaru enthusiasts, but the humble Rev D will never be any more classic than a XR6 Falcon or a Honda Accord.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Nothing with a Legacy badge except the original RS-RA will ever be a "classic", far too many of them were just used as the family runabout and they don't have any sort of (well known) racing pedigree to make them desirable.

The rarer ones like the S401 will always hold some novelty value to Subaru enthusiasts, but the humble Rev D will never be any more classic than a XR6 Falcon or a Honda Accord.
At a time it was the fastest production wagon in the world.. They will always have their fans for sure.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, JordanfromNZ said:

At a time it was the fastest production wagon in the world.. They will always have their fans for sure.

Bollocks, I would be staggered if they were faster than an RS4.

EDIT: Or a Stagea 260RS Autech.