Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Took the "new" legacy for a warrant and it failed! Someone has cut the speaker holes too big in the parcel tray and too close to the seatbelt mount, so now it needs a "panel beater report" and none of the ones in Rotorua will do it. Bought another crap heap. Fml

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

51 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Took the "new" legacy for a warrant and it failed! Someone has cut the speaker holes too big in the parcel tray and too close to the seatbelt mount, so now it needs a "panel beater report" and none of the ones in Rotorua will do it. Bought another crap heap. Fml emoji26.png

Damn that is a bummer. How much material has been cut out? At least you know you have a very thorough wof inspector.

Today I painted the side trim pieces on my GC8 which were peeling to the chrome underneath like they all do. Also painted the crappy faded wiper arms while I was at it. Car looks much less old and weathered now!

• Like 1

Damn that is a bummer. How much material has been cut out? At least you know you have a very thorough wof inspector.

Today I painted the side trim pieces on my GC8 which were peeling to the chrome underneath like they all do. Also painted the crappy faded wiper arms while I was at it. Car looks much less old and weathered now!
Not sure, will actually go measure it tomorrow. Has to be 150mm away from the mount. Just looks hacked to pieces and it will need certifying if I weld in a plate.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2019 at 11:05 AM, Gripless said:

@McMatty There was an option to remove the belts and get it classed as a two seater. 
I did that to a hatchback when I half caged it. LVVTA sorted it all out for me so maybe call your nearest one. 

Went and checked this out. The boss man at my local VTNZ said that because its a sedan it cant be reclassified as a 2 seater. Have an update though. I got in contact with a local rust repairer and he said he can fix it for me and do it properly. So today i stripped all the rear seats and parcel tray out ready for him to work his magic on Monday. If anyone has any other BE5 interior that isn't that hideous blue and black leather, lemme know 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, McMatty said:

Went and checked this out. The boss man at my local VTNZ said that because its a sedan it cant be reclassified as a 2 seater. Have an update though. I got in contact with a local rust repairer and he said he can fix it for me and do it properly. So today i stripped all the rear seats and parcel tray out ready for him to work his magic on Monday. If anyone has any other BE5 interior that isn't that hideous blue and black leather, lemme know 

Your local VTNZ doesn't know what they're talking about (no surprises there), you just have to "permanently" remove the rear seatbelts and you can reclassify it. This usually means putting a bolt in the seatbelt mount holes and tack-welding it so it can't easily be removed.

I mean s***, what does he think all the road legal full-caged cars with no back seat do?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your local VTNZ doesn't know what they're talking about (no surprises there), you just have to "permanently" remove the rear seatbelts and you can reclassify it. This usually means putting a bolt in the seatbelt mount holes and tack-welding it so it can't easily be removed.

I mean s***, what does he think all the road legal full-caged cars with no back seat do?

As above totally legal and did it to the forester I used to use on the track. Even took it to VTNZ for a water tank where the guys there redid it as a 2 seater!
  • Like 1

• Admin

So, flatnats for me was... Expensive... And I didn't even get to go lol

Bit of a rant ahead.

Wednesday, phenolic spacers into the RA.

Took a half day on Thursday. Drove the RA down to Hamilton and met up with@gotasuby for a road tune on the old girl.

Safe to say, it definitely is a Ej205. But its now quicker than ever! Flex fuel, two stage launch control, boost by gear, all the good stuff..

Bring in Friday!

Up on stands, go to remove the wheels, last wheel, last nut...why is this spline nut different to the others... Can't find the correct spin drive or a socket of metric or imperial size that will fit...

Decide to do something else productive in the meantime.
Fix the bushes for drive shaft onto RA. one of the new bushes I bought have gone missing... Just an FYI, the pilot bearing for your clutch fits perfectly and is the right size ;)

Absolutely need wheel off car...
Become a brute, bash on a 16mm socket I no longer need and remove. New set of wheel nuts it is.

Drop wheels off to Bridgestone, to get Hankook slicks put on.

Take friends car to get windscreen fixed. They said 30mins. It was not 30mins.... Much longer..

Go pick up tyres, pick up car trailer..hmm legacy is too low... And rear shocks are coozed... I haz spares! Put wheels on RA to move it so I have flat space to do legacy shocks...

Strips out a stud on hub... But I haz spares!
Replaces all the studs on rear right wheel.
While my Mrs sos messages @94 Leone for a 'plz. Drew needs halp'

Harley arrives and does legacy suspension on driveway in 25mins.

I fix alternator tensioner with new bolt so it'd stay in place.
Fix small coolant leak from water pump hoses.

Do heatshielding. No longer cook things. Yeah good.

8pm.. Am done... Cars finished and tidied up, has new fluids, heatshielding, new wheel studs, slicks, tune, phenolic spacers, new suspension in legacy so it doesn't drag its ass all the way to pukekohe.

Start car. Heinous noise from power steering pump. It's coozed.. I haz no spares...
Throwsinthetowel.jpg

Sometimes things just don't go right and the stars don't align. Sorry to those who I said I'd be there. Things just didn't want to work out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Admin
[mention=17449]Dairusire[/mention] should have come to the Drag day, dont need powersteering to drive in a line

Glad its not all bad though, sounds like its going good and a PS pump is easy compared to the drama you have behind you.  
Haha I had things on on Sunday so no mas. Yeah power steering pump is a piece of cake realistically. Got a replacement pump on the way and will swap it tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

S

Took a half day on Thursday. Drove the RA down to Hamilton and met up with@gotasuby for a road tune on the old girl.

Safe to say, it definitely is a Ej205. But its now quicker than ever! Flex fuel, two stage launch control, boost by gear, all the good stuff..

There's someone in Hamilton who can tune subi's!?

Edited by Omsin
  • Haha 1

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Haha I wish because the car would've been done ages ago.

He was only up over the weekend for a rally.

Have they had the rally car up these ways for a while or something? There’s been a SAS truck round the corner from my work on and off for the last month or so

• Admin

Have they had the rally car up these ways for a while or something? There’s been a SAS truck round the corner from my work on and off for the last month or so
Yeah it's been up for after coromandel rally and Jason flew up Thursday I believe to grab the truck and his new toy and drove to hams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niran said:

@Omsin - please show me how to do this!! looks mint

It’s really slow and annoying, it’s like trying to fold bedsheets 😂

what you have to think about is once you decide which edge you’re sticking down first how the rest of the vinyl is going to bunch up or stretch. You can practise on simple shapes and see how it reacts, using a heat gun is key

Edited by Omsin
  • Like 2

Changed out the recirc valve for a GFB one after noticing the boost fluctuating when set at high and full throttle. Apparently an evo one fits perfectly as well and they are made to hold more boost so can do that for cheaper if you can find one second hand.

Looks like it was definitely the source of the problem as it now holds boost solid all the way through the rev range.

Prob now is I hit boost cut in 3rd gear. Kind of expected with the intake and exhaust done. Guessing that was masked as the old one was leaking the boost.

So time to take it off to SAS and get the tune done and CAT removed.

a34432c8950f777efd5dfd28b62466c8.jpgfff97fda6d56d297903755453334c91b.jpg

• Like 5

• Admin

/me sighs. Bloody typical LOL

Replaced the power steering pump, which was still broken but wasn't the thing causing all the noise it turns out. 

It was the Alternator. Good lawdy lol. 

In any case, I'm still getting to the track this weekend. Even if it means stealing the alternator from the legacy while I'm at the track. LOL

• Like 4