Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
On 11/01/2020 at 12:49 PM, Andy_Mac said:

The old girl decided to be a little bitch and no longer start this morning.

Made it all the way down to wanganui last night just to make matters worse...

No clicking or anything from the starter but everything else powers perfectly so guessing it'll be the clutch switch or starter relay.

My STI did this one day. Turned out the driver's floor mat had bunched up under the clutch and wouldn't allow it to go in far enough to activate the switch.

What was wrong with yours in the end?

• Admin

1 hour ago, boon said:

My STI did this one day. Turned out the driver's floor mat had bunched up under the clutch and wouldn't allow it to go in far enough to activate the switch.

What was wrong with yours in the end?

Starter not playing ball.

Didn't try the bridge the terminals thing until after pulling it out but think it was the switch stuck. After dissasembling the whole thing and putting it back together I tried bridging the main feed in to the feed for the motor itself which spun up the starter motor while bypassing the solenoid. Then tried again with the key and it worked like a charm. Still slightly concerned that it'll happen again though.

• Like 1

• Admin

Fixed the 'new' cars ECU power problem. Turned out to be a fuse, but because it was missed the first time around things had been pulled and essentially was in a worse state than it began (wasn't myself), so after figuring out exactly what goes where and how things are powered, I traced the issue back to the fuse. Regardless, the wiring of these cars is freaking bonkers are no wonder theres so much un-needed wiring in there.

Made a thread about it here. 

Next thing to do on my list is to do fuel lines in the rear of the car. 
Going to do -8 feed and -6 return, and while I'm at it, figure out a double pumper solution using stock hanger. Because I can. 

BlHhLKM.png

Also, car photo tax. 

oGoJPoI.png

• Like 3

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Gripless said:

You have a small boost leak 🔨

also metal ready from POR15 on that belt pulley will clean and stop rust. Zinc phosphoric acid from Bunnings is cheap too. 

haha yeah I had it off to spray some start ya bastard in it, as it currently doesn't have any fuel lines running to the tank but I wanted to make sure it actually kicked over (which it did thankfully).

Ripped out the whole interior bar the dash, and headliner. Was a smoker's car and I have a car with full interior to swap over anyway so why not. Found some money, a lot of smoke items and some drug paraphernalia. Also found this, it's my drivers seat mount, another thing to fixcc9c895352b0c8891bbfbe88ee741fc5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Found a filthy Zerosports deflector cheap on Trade me on the weekend. Finished restoring it at work today and couldn't resist putting it on. Totally unneeded for an outback, but it looks cool and matches the intake pipe 😛 

Just need to find the Radiator deflector and my both my turbo subarus will have matching engine bay mods 🤣 

Fjx9Hchh.jpg

• Like 3

Fitted a Cusco Brake Master brace today, again overkill for an outback, but I had to tutu with the at least a little bit over the long weekend :P

6HDYTwRl.jpg

Also got the WRX cleaned and WOF'd. Its been months since I drove it last, i'm just glad I remember how to drive a manual!

• Like 1

• Admin

Ticked over to 200k

Also got told at the petrol station that running 100octane in my turbo Subaru will blow it up and that they're only designed to run on 91

Time for cambelt?

Yeah some people don't know jack about fuel grades...
Just look at the recent disputes tribunal case about the couple "saving money" by using 91 in their turbo Japanese import European vehicle...

Sent using Tapatalk

• Admin
Tune up with e30... mainly for safety when using anti lag... but there were some reasonable gains for not having to do anything more than mix the fuel and pay for 2.5 hours on the dyno.

83298544-152041319576585-6960948346684964864-n.jpg
83760927-2706698106076433-6223094646227075072-n.jpg
While there's still a good 12kw bump in power, the noticeable difference will be that torque increase. Nice healthy increase there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Dairusire said:

While there's still a good 12kw bump in power, the noticeable difference will be that torque increase. Nice healthy increase there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think there's more like a 20 kw increase... as I reckon the 303 kw is from a previous run... the final tune looks to be under 300... but a few kws here and there is pretty meaningless... I think that extra torque will be good... and more importantly, I can (hopefully) use anti lag for more than 60 seconds at a time, as that makes a really big difference :)

• Like 2

After 

$190 in lower ball joints and tie rod ends ❤️ Partsouq ❤️... sorry NZ but $129-149 for each part not f***ing likely 

$170 in whiteline replacement bushes up from $130 last time. KSR207

$330 labour and alignment (yeah I could have done it, but not enough time this week)

my car goes straight and around corners. 
The steering rack no longer move 2-3cm by itself. 

back to being rock solid and feeling every bit of road surface. 

the whiteline rack bushes had disintegrated. Bit of PS fluid and what looks to be a loose fit to the inner steel inserts and they popped up and got squashed over the last two months and almost 150km. 

ok so didn’t need to replace the anti roll kit but car isn’t low anymore so it was making car light to steer initially. 

• Like 3

Found some old stock at work, and so set about de-oranging the indicators. Also found on of the sidelights was out, so replaced it with some Narva Cool White LEDs to match the HID low beams. Also cleaned it, ran some Subaru Upper Engine cleaner though it, and gave it a service :)

Qfme5lwm.jpg

Q533pc5m.jpg

ufSEkWPm.jpg

• Like 4

Sooooooo did another thing.... since selling NARSTI, bought another project.

ZxXxzBE.jpg

RS4!! Not just any RS4. Its supercharged, full miltek exhaust, lowered on Bilsteins and reasonably tidy. Only catch is ks are high - 229k kms 😯

Different with euros though, high ks are generally ok if well maintained.

This was owned by the previous owner for 7 years.

Won't be keeping her for long but enough to stop this RS4 itch I've had.

Honestly the sound is freaking incredible. Pulls like crazy from 1000rpm all the way through. Pretty amazing cars!

• Like 9