Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

47 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

That's not how this works :P 

You'll either get over it quickly or you won't want to sell it haha.

Hahaha na its more that i'm crap scared of having an expensive euro money pit so don't want to own it for long lol. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
On 9/02/2020 at 6:56 PM, Niran said:

Different with euros though, high ks are generally ok if well maintained.

Tell that to my Nissan with 4xx000 on it... or @DRFVDR's old Troopy which had like 600000 or something mad like that.

High k's are fine on everything if well maintained, I've seen a V7 STI with over 300k on the original motor.

EDIT: Also lol, euros aren't generally OK at any KMs. My friend has owned 2x S4's and both have shat the bed in incredibly expensive ways at under 100000, and he is fastidious about looking after them.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, boon said:

Tell that to my Nissan with 4xx000 on it... or @DRFVDR's old Troopy which had like 600000 or something mad like that.

High k's are fine on everything if well maintained, I've seen a V7 STI with over 300k on the original motor.

EDIT: Also lol, euros aren't generally OK at any KMs. My friend has owned 2x S4's and both have shat the bed in incredibly expensive ways at under 100000, and he is fastidious about looking after them.

Reckon by the time a euro has hit 200+ all the stupid/typical electrical and mechanical issues have already happened and been dealt with by one of the previous owners 😅

• Like 2

• Admin
3 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Reckon by the time a euro has hit 200+ all the stupid/typical electrical and mechanical issues have already happened and been dealt with by one of the previous owners 😅

Or it's been through 4 manufacturer recalls to stop all the oil falling out or the water pump going on strike at random.

• Like 2

• Subscribed Member

My rally car decided on the weekend that it had a grudge against two of the exhaust valves, and one piston, both lost the fight, and so did my wallet...
That last pic is not the sump plug, it was in fact the spark plug from cylinder one..

J2rQO45h.jpg?1
FDBKoCjh.jpg?1
5dXv6YMh.jpg?1

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Technikhaus said:

My rally car decided on the weekend that it had a grudge against two of the exhaust valves, and one piston, both lost the fight, and so did my wallet...
That last pic is not the sump plug, it was in fact the spark plug from cylinder one..

What was the cause?

On 11/02/2020 at 11:10 AM, boon said:

Think you hit the nail on the head with the well maintained part. My V7 has 131,000kms on the body and is on its third motor that i know of -_- 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Admin

J2rQO45h.jpg?1
FDBKoCjh.jpg?1
5dXv6YMh.jpg?1
That is a big ooofff. What's the game plan now?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Just to pull it apart and see how bad the damage actually is, hoping the block, rods, and 3 other pistons are salvageable... 

Lol doubt that mate. You fully sent it. Crank will be out of shape so as the other rods

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

That sounds pretty sweet!! novice question.....does the noise follow through to the cabin much Niran?. Either way if that was mine I would be straight off to the nearest tunnel for some acoustic enhancing fun. 

Its pretty dam amazing. The Miltek exhaust has built in valve flaps hooked up to the sports button. So cruising on the motorway is pretty quiet! Even with it on and windows up, the euro isolation is very good. 

Its not anywhere near as loud as my STI was though 

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered these carbon backing plates to get rid of the hideous orange reflectors.

But in my fashion not long after sticking these on I tripped over and broke my Femur and now my clutch leg is out of action for 6 - 8 weeks (crying on the inside)

So car coming along but will be disconnecting the battery and putting a cover over it while my leg heals. 7b2f761d74687b528e23baa59b70efb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

WOW did you trip off a second story building or something!
Haha tell me about it bro just yell on concrete and the way I fell somehow did it. Was sitting on the ground for 2 hours waiting for an ambulance haha

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm late to the party but 

I'm no mechanic but an avid youtube and Internet researcher and will admit a strong jdm bias

I'd say German engineering and design is about building the best using cutting edge innovation, new tech, different materials (plastic intake manifolds, x amount of computers, etc etc) 

Japanese - what can last beyond service intervals, price and affordability, ease of service. 

Course as things progress over the years lines get blurred as manufacturers aim higher. Case in point Toyota being bulletproof in the 80s/90s to a few older mechanics giving me sheepish looks when I ask what kind of modern cars can live past 300xxx km with ease like the old Corollas. 

So therefore with good maintenance high ks is not too important. 

But I'd say jdm better at higher km, though I've only done about 100,000km in owning 5 Japanese cars, all but one over 190km and 1980-2000 MY. No euros, yet 🤔

Edit: watched your video and must say your rs7 sounds nice. Bet it sounds even nicer on downshifts, cracks n pops n all. 

Edited by swamp
  • Thanks 1