Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Well, I haaaave sold my black GC8 shell to @SAS aka Richard, to be turned into a rally car. 

He's taken down my STi headers, my holset and downpipe with twin wastegates and make me up a naaaaice twinscroll twisted turbo setup. I am much excited. 

• Like 1

Cheers @swamp !

The RS4 is an amazing machine. I mean the crazy thing is, its a $160k car that has depreciated so much, just about the average Joe can buy one now. Albeit hopefully not having to encounter any crazy maintenance costs! 

In the car with windows down, revving to 8000rpm, hearing the angry v8 sing. Its pretty dam amazing!

Still i'm too scared of RS4 maintenance costs, and can't afford both cars, so will be selling it before my 800hp build is done sadly. Glad to have experienced such a cool car though!

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Niran said:

Cheers @swamp !

The RS4 is an amazing machine. I mean the crazy thing is, its a $160k car that has depreciated so much, just about the average Joe can buy one now. Albeit hopefully not having to encounter any crazy maintenance costs! 

In the car with windows down, revving to 8000rpm, hearing the angry v8 sing. Its pretty dam amazing!

Still i'm too scared of RS4 maintenance costs, and can't afford both cars, so will be selling it before my 800hp build is done sadly. Glad to have experienced such a cool car though!

Wait, 800HP? Thought you said you were gonna go for 450-500KW? Not 600 hahaha.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Niran said:

$5k for front pads and discs on these :) 

• Like 2

• Subscribed Member
5 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

@Technikhaus rough. What's the plan for heads?

Might have sorted some V3 WRX heads, so not quite as nice, but it'll do the job. 
Unsure if the engine will be going back into this car though, may re-shell into a road car, as I'm not getting a lot of use out of it as a rally car.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscribed Member

Won an auction a few weeks back on Trademe for a Legacy steering wheel for $1. Total $11 shipped. 
Only wanted it for the steering wheel controls, crazy how much some people want for those!
Installed them on the STI yesterday. Still need to source a 3 wire brake switch to enable Cruise control, and need to find the Remote input cable for the Kenwood head unit then can finally have steering wheel controls running.

Thankfully the plugs were the same, so they just plugged right in and bolted right up.

chx8nKQ.jpg?1

ZJ6xVjq.jpg?1

• Like 1

• Admin

Yea see them from your image but not the originals. Lame iOS issue I assume. 

Edit: Scratch that, working now. Think it was cause I was on a hospital WiFi so they block some sharing sites.

@Technikhaus Interested to see how you go. Tried to add the audio ones to mine the other day but It didn't quite go as planned. From my understanding the HU should have been able to work it out without a separate interpreter module but it didn't so still not sure if it was the wires I got wrong or whether it really did need the module.
The remote wires came out of the roll connector but didn't make it as far as the HU as those slots are empty on the main audio connectors.

• Subscribed Member

@Andy_Mac Will let you know if we find the cable and get it hooked up. 
I found a video on Youtube of an aussie guy doing on a legacy/outback and he just went to the steering column and cut the wires where it comes out of there and ran them across to the head unit. So I'll probably look at the same if the plug doesn't have it there :)

• Like 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

@Andy_Mac Will let you know if we find the cable and get it hooked up. 
I found a video on Youtube of an aussie guy doing on a legacy/outback and he just went to the steering column and cut the wires where it comes out of there and ran them across to the head unit. So I'll probably look at the same if the plug doesn't have it there :)

Cool. That was what I did at the steering column but for all I know I could have been using the wrong wires. 

• Subscribed Member

Well after an hour or so with a super crappy multi-meter, I found the wires, cut up an old 3.5-RCA lead and guessed the wiring for the head uni 3.5mm remote in. 
And success!

I feel so dirty doing it this way, but all my tools are at my workshop and I can't get there with the lock-down. so for now it's twisted and taped. 

D24C1c6.jpg?1

oz36tJd.jpg?1

Crappy video:

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member

Yup light blue and red, that's on the column side of the plug, not the body loom side.

You can confirm it's the same with yours by checking for continuity between the two pins and the resistance should change as you press the buttons.

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Yup light blue and red, that's on the column side of the plug, not the body loom side.

You can confirm it's the same with yours by checking for continuity between the two pins and the resistance should change as you press the buttons.

Cheers. Might give that another go this arvo

Almost done stripping my Prelude, I've just got a fender and the two bumpers to go. I'm doing this partly because isolation, but also because I want to get started on the rust repairs. Everything else has been stripped and disassembled and I've tested every electrical circuit (except windows) and started a shopping list. 

I may start a build thread in the other projects section... 

• Like 1