Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

I took advantage of all this extra time at home and gave the daily wagon a really good deep clean inside and out. Also cleaned the engine bay. The paint on this poor car is in such a sorry state with all the clear coat failure and rock chips :/  I'm not really sure if it is worth trying to repaint part/all of the car or just leave it.

AkVhb00.jpg?1

• Like 4

• Subscribed Member

Spent far too much money at Whiteline yesterday, but should hopefully have a car that handles super nice after this lockdown!
Full front and rear bushing kits, WEK073 and WEK074. Looking forward to getting these in when they arrive!
Wasn't going to do it, but thought stuff it, with this sale one I may as well, and shouldn't have any WOF failures for 20+ year old bushings for years to come.

• Like 5

• Admin

A nice little box from Whiteline turned up today, they even chucked in some free gloves.

Took about 5 days for this lot to arrive, still waiting for my other order with the last AN parts for the manifold that shipped using some express Aus post service that has now past two weeks in the system somewhere 😒

49781915018_bf1921efb1_b.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

A nice little box from Whiteline turned up today, they even chucked in some free gloves.

Took about 5 days for this lot to arrive, still waiting for my other order with the last AN parts for the manifold that shipped using some express Aus post service that has now past two weeks in the system somewhere 😒

49781915018_bf1921efb1_b.jpg

The Aus post service is a shocker for time. I had a parcel take 3-4 weeks to arrive. It should come through eventually.

• Sad 1

• Subscribed Member
54 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Ooh nice! What exactly did you get?
I'm I'm on week 3 of waiting for an order from SparesBox in Aus for some whiteline shifter bushings. 
Decided to order all my other gear just straight through Whiteline themselves for the rest of the gear.

• Admin
59 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Ooh nice! What exactly did you get?
I'm I'm on week 3 of waiting for an order from SparesBox in Aus for some whiteline shifter bushings. 
Decided to order all my other gear just straight through Whiteline themselves for the rest of the gear.

Just front and rear end links, rear sway bar brace and rear diff insert bushes. Frankly I don't think this car even needs thicker swaybars. It stays bloody flat as it is so can't think of much else to replace handling wise for now besides maybe rear camber arms.

I went direct too, Didn't wanna take the risk that any other companies might use Aus post too.

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member
1 minute ago, Andy_Mac said:

Just front and rear end links, rear sway bar brace and rear diff insert bushes. Frankly I don't think this car even needs thicker swaybars. It stays bloody flat as it is so can't think of much else to replace handling wise for now besides maybe rear camber arms.

I went direct too, Didn't wanna take the risk that any other companies might use Aus post too.

Nice!
I was tempted by the swaybars, but I've never actually even driven this car, so I have no idea how it handles. Will get the bushes and billies in, then see if it needs them haha.

• Like 1

On the topic of shipping, I got some stuff from Amayama that took approx 5 weeks, got it just before lockdown, another that took 3 during lockdown, and I'm ordering some more and they have a message in their website advising 2-6 week delays. 

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member
40 minutes ago, swamp said:

On the topic of shipping, I got some stuff from Amayama that took approx 5 weeks, got it just before lockdown, another that took 3 during lockdown, and I'm ordering some more and they have a message in their website advising 2-6 week delays. 

I placed an order there the other day, some I'm expecting at the end of the moth, and others are mid-late next month :(

3 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

I placed an order there the other day, some I'm expecting at the end of the moth, and others are mid-late next month :(

Just one order but with many items? If ones delayed at supplier warehouse etc they wait for it and ship it all together. Or at least that's what happened to me. 

• Subscribed Member
33 minutes ago, swamp said:

Just one order but with many items? If ones delayed at supplier warehouse etc they wait for it and ship it all together. Or at least that's what happened to me. 

Just got an email half an hour ago that 4 or 5 of the 10 is so items are NLA.  
Annoying considering the order had to go for approval first, which took a couple of days, it got approve on Tuesday, and now they say some of it isn't available :(.

Thought I'd hop back on, poke my nose around, and say hi again!

Mainly to post some old parts from my Legacy for sale lol.

Not a lot has changed in my life - sold the Subaru, now got a overly practical and fuel efficient 2015 Mazda 6 GSX wagon 2.5 petrol.
Will post some photos later, when I get a chance to take some photos.

• Like 3

• Subscribed Member
3 minutes ago, buenavides1 said:

Getting rid of the fur that my dog left in the back seat. Care to share some tips on how to get rid of it easily? 

Vacuum cleaner and a brush!
Or one of the pet hair removal vacuums, a mate has a wet/dry vac that has a pet hair brush which works awesome too.

Went to swap the factory turbo headshield for a random one I was given for Christmas. Didn't fit, plus one of my earbuds fell into the engine bay. Spent 3 hours trying to locate it, gave up, Sulked.

I don't think my Subaru wants any lovin' or I'm cursed for working on cars.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, buenavides1 said:

Getting rid of the fur that my dog left in the back seat. Care to share some tips on how to get rid of it easily? 

15 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Vacuum cleaner and a brush!
Or one of the pet hair removal vacuums, a mate has a wet/dry vac that has a pet hair brush which works awesome too.

One of these mate. Called a lilly brush. 

Heaps of videos on youtube showing how good 

https://www.google.com/search?q=lilly+brush&rlz=1C1GCEU_enNZ821NZ821&oq=lilly+brush&aqs=chrome..69i57j46l4j0l2.1750j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

• Like 3

• Admin

I bought myself an engine. Specifically the sleeved 2.2L stroked to 2.35L that was for sale on here. I'm now sending it to SAS for a freshen up. Will run my v8 Spec C heads on it, rather than the v4 STi heads. Will get some cams for it too. 

@Niran Who's gonna hit 400kw first bb ;) 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Dairusire said:

I bought myself an engine. Specifically the sleeved 2.2L stroked to 2.35L that was for sale on here. I'm now sending it to SAS for a freshen up. Will run my v8 Spec C heads on it, rather than the v4 STi heads. Will get some cams for it too. 

@Niran Who's gonna hit 400kw first bb ;) 

Probably you hahah

But wait.

Who's going to hit 500kw first? :P