• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
1 hour ago, Niran said:

Probably you hahah

But wait.

Who's going to hit 500kw first? :P

Nah I straight up don't want 500kw haha. Fairly certain a GC8 would be from wtf this is fast at 400kw, to "I'm going to die in this car" at 500kw.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Power is an interesting thing. Once you've experienced more, somehow you get used to it and want even more.. 

Guess with a GC8, lack of traction would definitely be key deterrent haha 

Edited by Niran

On 20/04/2020 at 5:06 PM, Individualities said:

Thought I'd hop back on, poke my nose around, and say hi again!

Mainly to post some old parts from my Legacy for sale lol.

Not a lot has changed in my life - sold the Subaru, now got a overly practical and fuel efficient 2015 Mazda 6 GSX wagon 2.5 petrol.
Will post some photos later, when I get a chance to take some photos.

This is what I have at the moment. Probably gonna keep this as a daily for quite a while. Hyperlink is a video gif.
Has all the little mods I wanted to do to it - mainly the 19" wheels. Gonna get those powder coated (instead of painted) when I need tyres for them.

kjT4WvU.gif

PS - keeping a sly eye out for a good, stock, V7 WRX STI sedan. Been getting the Subaru itch again! And want to get something I won't feel bad for modifying. Or maybe I'll get an old 5 cylinder Audi? 🤔

• Like 1

On 28/04/2020 at 6:10 PM, Timmah said:

Went to swap the factory turbo headshield for a random one I was given for Christmas. Didn't fit, plus one of my earbuds fell into the engine bay. Spent 3 hours trying to locate it, gave up, Sulked.

I don't think my Subaru wants any lovin' or I'm cursed for working on cars.

GOT IT! Borrows a camera that's on  a 5m long cable.

Now I can't get the OE heatshield back on.. fml.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Individualities said:

This is what I have at the moment. Probably gonna keep this as a daily for quite a while. Hyperlink is a video gif.
Has all the little mods I wanted to do to it - mainly the 19" wheels. Gonna get those powder coated (instead of painted) when I need tyres for them.

kjT4WvU.gif

PS - keeping a sly eye out for a good, stock, V7 WRX STI sedan. Been getting the Subaru itch again! And want to get something I won't feel bad for modifying. Or maybe I'll get an old 5 cylinder Audi? 🤔

What's up with the party lights? Parking Warden car?

On 1/05/2020 at 1:42 AM, BMCracer said:

What's up with the party lights? Parking Warden car?

Haha. The beacons on the roof were $50 each (FB marketplace yo), and the front ones were $10 each (FB marketplace again).

They're my "park anywhere" lights. Also kinda good at scaring people out from the outside lane on the motorway hehe. Just a quick flash, and they usually pull left.

On 3/05/2020 at 9:05 PM, Nachoooo said:

Let's just say the engine wasn't too happy after the oil filler cap was mistaken for washer fluid cap...
She's seized solid now... 😬

49843834347_61cd15c5ac_z.jpg
49843530421_2ed14a231d_z.jpg

One less SUV on the road! For now...
Would something like this be a total write off? Cos of how new the car is, and the complexity of swapping another engine in there.

I just replaced my old floor mats with a Westin Profile floor liners that I ordered from 4wheelonline. I was supposed to go for Weathertech Floor mats but this one was on sale so I went ahead and bought it. 

Not my car but there's a bugeye at work that was stolen. Its been there for a while and today I noticed it was wrx badged and registered as a wrx. Checked tags and looks like it is a gd9 (2l awd n/a) so engine is in fact original. 

Must suck to insure an impreza and have to pay wrx/sti prices. Unless its a cash grab and imprezas are all one rate. 

Also concluded that people say turbochargers are complex systems. Well I find electric operated sunroofs quite fiddly and with so much bits to microadjust, and parts being numerous and expensive to replace, I'd say sunroofs > turbos in crappiness. 

Edited by swamp
Sunroofs on old cars aren't fun

• Admin
7 hours ago, swamp said:

Not my car but there's a bugeye at work that was stolen. Its been there for a while and today I noticed it was wrx badged and registered as a wrx. Checked tags and looks like it is a gd9 (2l awd n/a) so engine is in fact original. 

Must suck to insure an impreza and have to pay wrx/sti prices. Unless its a cash grab and imprezas are all one rate. 

Also concluded that people say turbochargers are complex systems. Well I find electric operated sunroofs quite fiddly and with so much bits to microadjust, and parts being numerous and expensive to replace, I'd say sunroofs > turbos in crappiness. 

The registration thing is weird. Mine is registered simply as a Legacy. I've seen other GTBs registered as 'GTB', 'Etune' and 'Twin Turbo' Legacy. Who knows if that has an effect on insurance or not

• Admin
13 hours ago, swamp said:

There is a N/A "WRX", kinda vomit but yeah....

• Like 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, swamp said:

It's actually the Impreza badge that does it believe it or not. Insurers just lump all Impreza / WRX / STi models in one basket and are done with it. 

Yeah I'd agree with that. Turbo systems are relatively simple when you look at it. 

Exhaust manifold > wastegate > Turbo > oil\water feeds > boost controller 

That's it really. 

• Like 1

• Admin
15 hours ago, geminath said:

I just replaced my old floor mats with a Westin Profile floor liners that I ordered from 4wheelonline. I was supposed to go for Weathertech Floor mats but this one was on sale so I went ahead and bought it. 

This feels like spam. There is quite a lot of astroturfing on the internet relating to 4wheelonline. Are you a spammer?

• Like 2

One thing I've noticed now cars are registered to the T. It's no longer a 2019 Honda Fit. It'll be a 2019 Honda Fit 1.5 6MT, every detail is recorded on the registration displayed in windscreen.

When today's cars start getting modified extensively it's going to get a bit complicated. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, swamp said:

One thing I've noticed now cars are registered to the T. It's no longer a 2019 Honda Fit. It'll be a 2019 Honda Fit 1.5 6MT, every detail is recorded on the registration displayed in windscreen.

When today's cars start getting modified extensively it's going to get a bit complicated. 

That's 100% down to whoever did the paperwork when they registered it. You get all that crap basically from people copy/pasting from the import paperwork - no requirement for it whatsoever.

• Like 1

So I wanna get the race car rolling so I can get it to a mates warehouse with the intention of it going up on a hoist...

We will have a heap of space to work in when it's there too so hopefully this keeps the motivation up lol 

Anyway: put the front lower control arms in and discovered I'm missing a whole box of nuts and bolts.... so instead of a castle nut on the ball joint I have a wheel nut (dw this is only temp so I can get it rolling)

yXoZPun.jpg

Wanted to see what the brembos going to look like (and yes i know that's the drivers side caliper... the other one was under three rotors in a box)

Turns out I don't have the brembo caliper bolts either.... that ones sitting there precariously on some undersized bolts... 

YAtWTl9.jpg

Next we started putting doors on, put the guard support brackets on and then the guards

6V3FatW.jpg\

Next on the list is to order a bushing kit for the rear so we can put the subframe etc back in

This will then mean I have a roller! 

NTBXj9h.jpg

• Like 9