Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Subscribed Member

Ordered a Whiteline KCA313 Roll-centre/Bump-steer adjust kit for the WRX. 

I figured since I was doing all of the other bushings in the car, I may as well finish it off with the ball joints. 

The only thing letting this car down, handling wise now should be sway bars and crappy tyres!

• Like 2

• Admin
On 6/05/2020 at 9:15 PM, ADIKT said:

They were black sti parts before... @chulozumo powder coated them pink for me

Please please put like a hanger tag on the steering wheel that says "put a proper crown nut on the control arm"

With long running projects it's so easy to forget all the awesome little things like this that we do, and then you completely forget about it until 3 years later the ball joint pops out when you're going hunnits.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, boon said:

Please please put like a hanger tag on the steering wheel that says "put a proper crown nut on the control arm"

With long running projects it's so easy to forget all the awesome little things like this that we do, and then you completely forget about it until 3 years later the ball joint pops out when you're going hunnits.

Need one saying "torque everything to spec" too lol. But thanks, will put a tag on the cage or something. 

• Admin
15 hours ago, ADIKT said:

Need one saying "torque everything to spec" too lol. But thanks, will put a tag on the cage or something. 

I've been to some fairly high end workshops and noticed they have tags on the steering wheels saying stuff like DO NOT CRANK NO OIL. Never hurts to have a little reminder. In fact I'm pretty sure I've seen photos from Prodrive of something similar.

• Like 2

• Admin

Swapped the Group N engine mounts, Kein trans mount and Hardrace trans crossmember bushes into the STI today to try solve the clunk that started last week.

Passenger side factory mount was about a third torn so figured that was the issue but still getting a decent clunk that now feels more clunky and less sloppy. Its most noticeable when bumping on/off throttle when cruising so next thought is diff bushes, if not those then I'm a little stumped. 

2 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Passenger side factory mount was about a third torn so figured that was the issue but still getting a decent clunk that now feels more clunky and less sloppy. Its most noticeable when bumping on/off throttle when cruising so next thought is diff bushes, if not those then I'm a little stumped. 

Had a look at the pitch stop mount?

Okay, so after a decade or so of being on CS; I finally bought a Leone lmao. Problem is it's in CHCH;
Does anyone have any good experiences with transporter companies; or does anyone have a car trailer and is willing to deliver up to blenheim for me (adequately compensated) noting I am in the court ordered walking crew atm, so driving back up isn't an option lol

- Disregard the transporter request. Got a mate in Chch to Suss me to undercut all the big companies. Diesel is cheap now team. Make the most of it.

Edited by 94 Leone
  • Like 4

• Subscribed Member

Finally got a couple of mates around to the workshop last night and fixed the hoist. 

Which meant I could finally look under the WRX, and man has this car been neglected. 
It looks as if nothing's ever been touched under here before. 
I grabbed the tie rods and was able to twist them side to side with just two fingers, so I'm glad I ordered new ones and new ball joints. 

This will all look totally different once I replace it with all the new bushings and cleaned/paints arms etc.

Rear LSD felt alright, but the centre diff seems extremely weak, If I spun the fronts, the rears wouldn't spin, not surprising since that's optn. 
When I spun a rear, the other would spin, but not even one front would. My spare box/diff wasn't like this, and you'd spin one rear and both rear plus one front would spin.

So may swap it over to my spare setup out of the rally car.

Excuse the messy workshop, it's slowly getting tidied up as I get rid of old parts.

8sixcTY.jpg?1

vqv3VXk.jpg?1

BZh9P8s.jpg?1

• Admin

No more super faded full red taillight paint. Undecided if I'll get some vinyl overlays or get them properly painted and clear coated with the centre sections left clear.

49896671047_f10b23e5cb_b.jpg

No real answer on the clunk. Had a mechanic go over everything I couldn't get at easily without a hoist but still no exact answer. Got a bunch of random bushes sitting around so might just start swapping them in and see if anything changes.

Also gotta realign the exhaust as the mechanic who put it back on didn't bother checking how wonky they are 😒

• Like 2

The last few days I’ve:

pulled off the vf30

put in the dw 850s

put in the walbro 255

put in the silicon inlet

removed the gforce 2 in favor of a mac 

changed to a step colder plugs

replaced various brittle hoses and clamps

left to do is reinstall some lines and the coolant res that I pulled to get access to some tricky bolts, properly hang or remove the down pipe and it’s ready to go for its link and ewg tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Well, she's here. A wee bit of rust around the boot, about what I expected, and there's a bit sort of settling in the corners of the windscreen, but that's not bad from what I can see and easily enough 'fixed' for the time being. Runs and drives well. 4wd engages and disengages happily. Yeah, basically just rust and clean up.

Pretty happy tbh

• Like 6

Joined the 3.0r gang a few months ago, scored a 05 BP to daily from a cop, has a bunch of STI stuff on it, brembos front and rear 

tensioner puller decided it didn’t want to live anymore the other day so ordered a new kit from Subaru, installed it then justified buying a new torque wrench for one single bolt, now it’s back on the road ready to get tailgated by all those level 2 people 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, chulozumo said:

Joined the 3.0r gang a few months ago, scored a 05 BP to daily from a cop, has a bunch of STI stuff on it, brembos front and rear 

tensioner puller decided it didn’t want to live anymore the other day so ordered a new kit from Subaru, installed it then justified buying a new torque wrench for one single bolt, now it’s back on the road ready to get tailgated by all those level 2 people 

Hey wassup welcome to the 3ltr gang! Lol mine did the same few months ago left me on the road side. 🤣 The brembos are a nice addition saves the money converting it now

On 16/05/2020 at 11:41 PM, sobanoodle said:

Got her some Vossens wrapped in Michelins PS 4S.  9.5/245 front and 10.5/285 rear :)

Yo @sobanoodle that looks mint! Vossens all the tings........

f***ing lol.
So must've been an imperfection in the glass already, last night temperatures dropped a bit and now the Leone has a crack in the glass in the bottom drivers side corner hahah. well, at least there doesn't appear to be any significant rust along the windscreen line. so replacement shouldn't be too painful.
Finding another windscreen however... hahaha

• Sad 1