Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

On 24/05/2020 at 4:43 PM, 94 Leone said:

yesterday fixed all the rust around the boot of the Leone, power steering sussed. Now i just need to get the windscreen out and organise getting another one in and installed. 

How big is the crack in it? Having tried many methods fixing cracks I've found what may be the holy grail method, use the three suction cup based resin tool with vaseline so u can slide it up and down on the crack but from beneath use a flexi lighter inside to heat windscreen as someone else applies pressure from other side. The heat expands and it'll accept the resin better. Might save you some money? 

Today I ripped off the last remaining hose off my water pump. It was seized despite being a relatively new hose, the pipe was really rusty. I may have damaged it with vice grips as it has slight cuts in it. Won't take any chances will try to get a new one in ASAP. If anyone has any tips or some good tools to use on Hoses please do share. 

Then unbolted and moved out of the way the AC compressor so I can get the water pipe out. And accidentally pulled out the dipstick tube. Then called it a night. I'm replacing the water pump pipe. 

Would love some good 14/10mm ratcheting spanners, maybe even a slim/shallow 1/4" koken ratchet, would make the job much easier. 

New wheels are on, 18x8.5s. Will be painting them matte black. Have car booked in tomorrow for front 3m tint, and taillights getting a light tint. Blacking out basically everything.

Will be making up a custom mesh front grille when I get time.

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member

Sold my Falcon yesterday, quite excited about that! Bought it almost 2 years ago for $6990, sold yesterday for $6500, not bad...

And the STI has a new down-pipe from PBMS sitting beside it, and awaiting arrival of a new fuel pump, and ProcessWest intake, then just need to organise a tune and get it all installed.

• Like 2

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Same actually. 

We're going to do the air pump delete, and maybe a TGV delete beforehand, although not sure if the TGV delete is really necessary..

Neither are performance mods really. The deletes just save space and future failure points

• Subscribed Member
12 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Neither are performance mods really. The deletes just save space and future failure points

Yeah we had the pump fail on our last STI, so definitely removing on this one. 

TGVs I've heard can help flow, but probably not so much at this power leve.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Yeah we had the pump fail on our last STI, so definitely removing on this one. 

TGVs I've heard can help flow, but probably not so much at this power leve.

In theory it is better to keep them for moderate power levels. Apparently the later ones aren't just closed when cold then open the rest of the time and actually operate over certain load ranges to improve fuel atomization.

• Like 1

Installed water pump pipe 

Tidied up threads on main coolant pipe bolts just ran em thru a m6x1.0 die 

Cleaned up top of block/heads with old toothbrush and brake kleen

Refitted oil dipstick tube 

Tried to see if the belt I had laying round would replace my a/c belt that's badly frayed - nope its a p/s belt 

Started refitting a/c compressor 

• Admin

My dyno sheet says 5.249:1 with a 1.0 tcf.

I think those dyno numbers are a bit misleading, unless they're trying to see what crank horsepower is. But if that's wanted, used an engine dyno

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On 26/05/2020 at 10:38 PM, swamp said:

How big is the crack in it? Having tried many methods fixing cracks I've found what may be the holy grail method, use the three suction cup based resin tool with vaseline so u can slide it up and down on the crack but from beneath use a flexi lighter inside to heat windscreen as someone else applies pressure from other side. The heat expands and it'll accept the resin better. Might save you some money? 

oh nah mate, she was out and accross in front of the driver, and up a touch from the bottom point. Effectively 2 edge cracks, and one long crack out across the windscreen. 

Well, the windscreen is out now. Sussing a few rust repairs on corners of that, waiting for s*** to dry, and that's the weekend job.
Chuur

Edited by 94 Leone
  • Sad 1

Pretty unhappy with how the tints came out. I should have just done them myself, they don't even match and are nowhere as close as I asked for.

Tail light tints came up good though.

Been working my way around the wagon touching it up. She's such a cool beast I'm stoked with it. Tuned at 310whp, 3" exhaust with subtech downpipe, fgk tips, has a sweet sounding intake too.

Next is to do the grille, paint the silver rails on roof, black out rear trim and find a mid boot spoiler.

• Like 1

[mention=20849]iludez[/mention] has it had a turbo swap?
I haven't confirmed that yet, I am dubious on the numbers if I'm completely honest. It's probably a case of higher bragging numbers. I do however know its at 16.5 psi and has a very good pull. But without seeing the sheet it's pretty much hard to say if its legit.

Exhaust is pretty damn savage though.

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk

• Admin
18 minutes ago, iludez said:

I haven't confirmed that yet, I am dubious on the numbers if I'm completely honest. It's probably a case of higher bragging numbers. I do however know its at 16.5 psi and has a very good pull. But without seeing the sheet it's pretty much hard to say if its legit.

Exhaust is pretty damn savage though.

They can feel crazy fast even when only making 150-180wkw with the quick spool and an aggressive ramping e-throttle map

Is that peak of 16.5 or at max power? It definitely won't be making 230wkw on any legit dyno, even pushing 20+psi it's an uphill battle after 200-210wkw. 

Have you got a tactrix cable? It's easy enough to log some pulls and chuck the data into virtual dyno to get a ballpark curve

• Like 3

They can feel crazy fast even when only making 150-180wkw with the quick spool and an aggressive ramping e-throttle map
Is that peak of 16.5 or at max power? It definitely won't be making 230wkw on any legit dyno, even pushing 20+psi it's an uphill battle after 200-210wkw. 
Have you got a tactrix cable? It's easy enough to log some pulls and chuck the data into virtual dyno to get a ballpark curve
16.5 was what my boost gauge read at max, certainly feels far quicker then the bl5 I had. I would probably put that down to exhaust and intake really.

It would have needed a tune after the downpipe though? Trying to track down who tuned it but no luck so far.

Sadly no tactrix cable but I really should invest in one.

The last owner did say he thought the dyno reading was really high, don't these push out like 170ish kW with exhaust and downpipe? Getting to 310 would be what bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump etc?

Just got a reply back from original owner, managed to track him down through a mutual friend.

"hey dude, benji was having a laugh with 310 at the wheels. We took it down south and did one of the track/dyno days. Pushed boost up to 16.5 peak power and got 186kw, fuel cuts came in hard past 17. Chuck some pinks in and get returned be away laughing. Enjoy, brett"

• Like 1