• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Not just today but since Friday arvo 

And also to the daily not a Soobie

Fitted HKS SMF filter+piping 2.5"->3" 

Sounds brilliant at wide open throttle

xMcqyL3.jpg

Happy I went genuine, usually I go with the cheapest option but it is awesome 10/10 woul trade again. Sounds meaner than the standard pod on my gf8, which gives off a sucking whistling sound...

Removed rear garnish, rear badges, exhaust manifold heat shield, intake manifold, valve cover, prepped, cleaned, masked and painted them hi temp black or either motortech underseal, both finished with 2k clear

imUx39e.jpg

5RgLrWP.jpg

yQYLkcJ.jpg

FT1LSxb.jpg

Rest of engine bay looked too dirty, tonight I'll put it all back together.

yQUWwp7.jpg

During the week will do small jobs like replacing cable ties/s*** hose clamps with hose clamps, gluing small items, cleaning engine bay etc replacing boring stuff like a broken washer bottle as I'll put it through for a wof this week.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, flat battery in the daily Civic yesterday, auto with push button start, much flashing of every warning light, mad clicking, SWMBO was hilariously alarmed lol. Took the STi out instead so one plus I suppose

Seems to have charged up ok, and running fine today for veg markets and dog park run, slightly odd but we'll see how it goes this week

Many thanks to Honda's engineers, we all appreciate tidy cable runs but mounting cable guides on the battery clamp bolts, that's a right pita, and who makes a battery with no handle, was a *itch to get out

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member

Took Dad's STI drag racing on Saturday up at the Oamaru Airport, pretty busy day, over 100 entrants, but great fun. 
We both shared the car, 4 runs each. It ran brilliantly, a great test of the car, and it was faultless, only driver error all day.
The only slight thing I think I could say, is I have suspicions that the 3rd gear synchro is on its way out, as it would occasionally not want to go in down the strip, which sadly happened on my last run :(
I ran a best of 13.05, and Dad ran a 13.4 I think it was. It would've easily done a 12.x if I'd not stuffed up my last run sadly.

Potato cam of my best run, vs a Ralliart Gallant.

• Like 3

I think I’ll order some intake spacers for it today. 

haven’t seen my car in near 2 months. Hopefully back Thursday looking a bit fresher. 

still need a facelift bumper as I really don’t like the early one. Though may pull the slots and plate over them. 

then time for the single exit rally style adrenalinR exhaust and sell off the quad tip cat back titanium one. 

• Like 1

• Admin
8 hours ago, Gripless said:

I think I’ll order some intake spacers for it today. 

haven’t seen my car in near 2 months. Hopefully back Thursday looking a bit fresher. 

still need a facelift bumper as I really don’t like the early one. Though may pull the slots and plate over them. 

then time for the single exit rally style adrenalinR exhaust and sell off the quad tip cat back titanium one. 

The facelift front end definitely looks a lot nicer, though with the right lip the older style does look good too, I think it's more the squared off bottom of the grille that makes the facelift look more aggressive. 

What exhaust have you currently got? I thought the one you had was a single exit Tomei titanium thing?

15 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

The facelift front end definitely looks a lot nicer, though with the right lip the older style does look good too, I think it's more the squared off bottom of the grille that makes the facelift look more aggressive. 

What exhaust have you currently got? I thought the one you had was a single exit Tomei titanium thing?

i have the tomei titanium cat back but it’s factory quad 10cm tips.

don’t think It will last with new turbo and anti lag. It has glass mat in it i think.

i want a full 3” single pipe to single tip. No fancy just free flowing and quiet. Need a custom down pipe anyway.

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Gripless said:

i have the tomei titanium cat back but it’s factory quad 10cm tips.

don’t think It will last with new turbo and anti lag. It has glass mat in it i think.

i want a full 3” single pipe to single tip. No fancy just free flowing and quiet. Need a custom down pipe anyway.

So tomei catback modified with factory quad tips??

Nah it’s looks factory except bigger and titanium.

There was a single exit version I think.

looks awesome especially with my modified rear bumper. 
my bumper is really high and ends just below the boot floor so about 10cm higher than stock.

you can see the muffler and sway bar reinforcements from the back..

• Admin
11 hours ago, Gripless said:

Nah it’s looks factory except bigger and titanium.

There was a single exit version I think.

looks awesome especially with my modified rear bumper. 
my bumper is really high and ends just below the boot floor so about 10cm higher than stock.

you can see the muffler and sway bar reinforcements from the back..

True. I've never come across a quad tip tomei setup for these cars. 

Is it the whole black section cut off or even higher?

The way most guys with the Ark catback do it usually looks cool. 

It's quite loud isn't it?

21 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

True. I've never come across a quad tip tomei setup for these cars. 

Is it the whole black section cut off or even higher?

The way most guys with the Ark catback do it usually looks cool. 

It's quite loud isn't it?

Yes whole black section under the curved lip. Lip still there so it’s not flapping around. There is a plastic tray between the bumper and boot floor as well to keep it stable.

Yes it is loud. Still not sure how much is pitch stop drone and exhaust. Was nice before pitch stop went in. 
still I’d prefer a bigger exhaust for the new engine. So it needs to come out anyway. 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Gripless said:

Yes whole black section under the curved lip. Lip still there so it’s not flapping around. There is a plastic tray between the bumper and boot floor as well to keep it stable.

Yes it is loud. Still not sure how much is pitch stop drone and exhaust. Was nice before pitch stop went in. 
still I’d prefer a bigger exhaust for the new engine. So it needs to come out anyway. 

Send me some pics if you think about selling it, I'm kinda still after something slightly different for mine.

• Admin
17 hours ago, Gripless said:

Ok it’s not tomei 

it’s this greddy one. 

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2432322

I had a sneaking suspicion it might have been GReddy, can you get the exact external width of each tip? The slightly too small size really bugs me with the Grimmspeed one. Somewhere between the Grimmspeed and the R400 would be perfect for looking big but not risking a heavily melted bumper if it moved even a few mm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Serchn said:

My Perrin fender shrouds from moonlight turned up today😂, Fitted them before the boss got home so it costs me less 😉

58B2F392-56E5-44E4-9BA6-A4C6F37A454A.jpeg

What is the purpose of the fender shroud? Never heard of anything like it before.