Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Installed a bunch of bushes and started putting s*** back on the car 

The car now has three wheels on it! The fourth hub will be put on tomorrow afternoon in anticipation for its move to a new home (pictured below) 

Also ordered a bunch of random s*** to help things along 

mm79Ppn.jpg

MP30PmE.jpg

Tomorrow:

Zrw3eM2.jpg

qN15Qbq.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

Installed a bunch of bushes and started putting s*** back on the car 

The car now has three wheels on it! The fourth hub will be put on tomorrow afternoon in anticipation for its move to a new home (pictured below) 

Also ordered a bunch of random s*** to help things along 

mm79Ppn.jpg

STi or painted pink?

On 21/08/2021 at 10:17 AM, Andy_Mac said:

How does one of those compare to a similar priced earlier gen R? I feel like i’d always want the R for the all wheel drive even if it's a more front biased setup compared to Subaru’s

Better late than never...

Mk7 GTI is a much sportier drive than a 6R.

The 6R uses the previous gen (Mk5) motor with cambelt and is much more reliable, many chain drive Mk6 GTI's have suffered from chain tensioner failures - expensive, often fatal.

Golfs use a Haldex AWD system, nominal 90/10 torque split to front, a slow reactive system.

Subaru's permanent AWD is a superior solution.

The 7R is much better but still no match for a GTI with VW's front LSD - like a Haldex operating on the same axle. A GTI Clubsport/Edition 40/40 Years - same car , different name for different markets, or the 7.5 GTI TCR are much better drives and once moving, just as fast or faster than a 7/7.5R.

:)

Edited by newsuba
  • Like 2

On 14/09/2021 at 6:45 PM, EJGOD said:

Done my first wheel bearing/hub today. Rear passenger side wheel bearing on my 2016 STi gave up at 98,000km.

Must have worn out prematurely from all the AWD burnouts on the Taupo skidpad!

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, they were taken on Snapchat and then saved…

7b660da71c443852e99f2faaba4ee265.jpg

Well technically speaking you didn't change the bearing... you just swapped out the whole hub :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

While the motor is out I've been busy cleaning wheel wells and the engine bay, and straightening up the sills at the 4 jack points.

I have some new front fenders I bought from Tony years ago that I want to put on, but they need painting and I don't want to spend

the money until the engine is sorted. Also have some tidier side skirts to go on and all new clips... but they also are the wrong colour :(

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't done much to it for a while but just got it back from fab, now has a front mount intercooler. This one is quite different from all the other BH/BE's I've had, I've ST swapped it using a vf30, 6 speed swap from a BL, brembos going on one day, eifel prova adjustable suspension, genuine work wheels and a blitzen bumper. Paint to come one day but new engine first.23ffb21f611af86bf970846ce3d7c1fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Finally got my RS back from the mechanic/dyno/cert etc. Will possibly do a build thread if i can ever commit myself to understanding how to post photos. Jumped on the "fACtoRy LoCAtiOn turbo" hype train and picked up 205kW atw on a top mount.

Anyway car is fully legal now and has a brand new steering rack and fresh shifter bushes to boot so feels (almost) new so now to actually drive it (within the various covid boundaries of course...).

• Like 3

• Admin

Well, I got it running after about 4 weeks of faffing round with getting some Radium fuel rails that weren't stuffed out of the box.

Side note, Patrick at pbms was really helpful.

With that sorted, it's also fixed the fuel leak I was experiencing. Boy this thing absolutely rips. 77022d7cc30ba649351b93f885d0d3fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Stripped my brembos and bought some color matched paint for the body. Going to send the brembos and 207 halves to go get cleaned up tomorrow before powdercoating the brembos and collecting bits for the 20720211101_175242.jpg20211101_175249.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, McMatty said:

Stripped my brembos and bought some color matched paint for the body. Going to send the brembos and 207 halves to go get cleaned up tomorrow before powdercoating the brembos and collecting bits for the 20720211101_175242.jpg20211101_175249.jpg

Where'd you get you paint from? the Lyndar stuff from SCA?

Had a set of headers arrive yesterday for a 5th Gen Legacy GT with the low mount turbo location. These cars only came with equal length style manifolds like the 2015+ WRX. My friend and I are going to cut the manifold and extend one side out to effectively make it unequal length

c23dea4930b945086513f1609e5eb096.jpg

• Like 2