Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

I'm on my third attempt to clean my alloys, they were really dirty from the last owner, finally getting through layer of brake dust/etching now starting to look silver.  First attempt at cleaning the carpet, lots of coffee stains down the side of the seats, but need some more products to clean properly.  Also Clay barred the exterior, but it will need the stone chips treating and then a good polish.

• Like 4

• Admin
22 hours ago, far4ngn said:

Wow they look nice @chulozumo do you also make repairs for kerbing?

If you're referring to what looks like curbing in my first photo it's actually not haha. They got dropped on their face when off the car by my lovely now wife haha. chipped the crap out the paint haha

Gave the car a cut, polish and wax - was my first time doing it. Didn't realize paint could feel like glass! Won't last long sitting on the street but that's fine. Got to installing a dechromed grille center piece I did as a while sorting the DIY mesh grille as I've run into fitment issues with the adaptive cruise control sensor and my mesh grille setup. May need to notch the mesh for it, unsure yet. Tried to tint the fogs while they were still in the car, not ideal but the end result looks a lot better. Will see how long it lasts and if I need to put more time into it sometime soon. Already starting to look more like how I want it to look. 

20220417_111259

Within the next couple months I'd like to:

• Get a black banner across the top of the front windscreen;
  • Try seeing how dechroming the headlight sprayers would look;
  • Get the mesh grille sorted and installed; and
  • Install Aliexpress eyelids when they get here (if they are for the facelift like some of the pictures suggested).

Today I chucked on an invidia q300 catback exhaust. Makes the car sound and look really good now, also the smiles per gallon has massively increased. I'll post up a photo tomorrow, I totally forgot to grab one today. 

15 minutes ago, Plya5 said:

Today I chucked on an invidia q300 catback exhaust. Makes the car sound and look really good now, also the smiles per gallon has massively increased. I'll post up a photo tomorrow, I totally forgot to grab one today. 

Ive had mine on for a year now, lack of drone at 100 is still awesome. 

49 minutes ago, Serchn said:

Ive had mine on for a year now, lack of drone at 100 is still awesome. 

Oh nice. Yeah that's one of the reasons why i wanted the q300. Are you running another downpipe or still stock?

7 hours ago, Plya5 said:

Oh nice. Yeah that's one of the reasons why i wanted the q300. Are you running another downpipe or still stock?

Still stock but still deciding on which catted downpipe to get😂. Still have a few more parts to get before I get them put on and tuned

8 hours ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Did oil change and got it out the garage for a drive. Hasn't been driven this year since have work UTE but just secured my old job back flying so time to get the legacy back on the road and ready to move to Wellington.

Oh a flying job in welly do go on.

11 hours ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Pre Covid I was flying the A320 for Air NZ out of Christchurch, Just got recalled back to the A320 to start in May but will be out of Wellington till a spot comes up in Christchurch.

That's good to hear that more of you jet guys are coming back. It does suck about the different base though. If I'm lucky I might catch the legacy around the carpark sometime. I'm just on the dash.

Today was wash day ready for tomorrow. I still can't get over how the new exhaust looks, as always the pics don't do it justice.

278873470_785966926141428_1456351170657512622_n.thumb.jpg.373efe4ba4d2b3f7019e347a8c1d0b59.jpg

278718050_1079842935901381_6664229786324375325_n.thumb.jpg.a11fe9a36c80282f62d89225f03e673d.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had to remove the air filter to hear it to adjust😂. I’m surprised how much better it feels between gear changes when on it. Even the electronic boost gauge seems to move faster on the down. Was a bit hesitant on the up to 30% claim for the price. Glad I adjusted it as there’s definitely a difference between out of the box and wound up lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bit of a field day recently with the BP5. I removed the turbo heat shield and trimmed off the piece that bolts onto the downpipe for ease of removal in the future. I also took out the lower heat shield as it never stays in place. I was looking for ease of engine removal in the future. I am considering installing a turbo blanket but the good ones look more like engine bling so I don't really know if they're considered a good mod or not. 

My so called heat shield noise is actually wastegate flutter confirmed by moving the actuator. It only used to happen after going onto boost and heating up the turbo but I could replicate the noise by wiggling the actuator with a pair of pliers when the car was parked and then going for a drive. Its not adjustable so I guess I'm living it for the moment. It stops once the manifold goes into vacuum a few times. 

I also pumped up the tyres to 35F and 34R because the fuel prices are kicking my ass at the moment. Got 7.4L/100km on a nana cruise to Greymouth and back so that was good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my brembos and 2 pot rear calipers back from powdercoat on friday, rebuilt the calipers over the weekend, fitted today with new pads and rotors. Finished off with STI Forester wheels. Fitted smoked sequential LED guard indicators. Now to raise the suspension so it's actually drivable.06d6069888f2899ffbf56caca64c4cf2.jpgc2bdf2da8c4c96ecb6e5e8360b7d8ee8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Some pics today, took the Forester for its first decent trip today, very happy with how it performs off road even with nearly worn road tyres lol

Next job all terrain tyres a sump bash plate and maybe lift it a tad?

20220606-122708.jpg

20220606-123617.jpg

20220606-123337.jpg

Edited by TNHSTI
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 7/06/2022 at 9:31 AM, 1randomkiwi said:

Picked up a Sump Guard for the Forester, with some help from @Kiwi_Fozzeremoved a snapped bolt that was in the way... only to find that it had been cross threaded to hell by the previous owner...
Now to grab a thread repair kit...

UbO6oqh.jpg

Finally fitted this! Thanks to more help from @Kiwi_Fozze

Also picked myself up recovery boards, compressor, and a few other pieces from SCA.
And the Forester is booked in for 5x Yokohama Geolander G015 ATs on Friday!