Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Not today but a couple weeks ago I got it back from DTech. And after nearly everything breaking on the dyno it put out 199kw. More room for power with bigger injectors, any suggestions?http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/631d9c6491716/20220812_145143.mp4

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Not today but a couple weeks ago I got it back from DTech. And after nearly everything breaking on the dyno it put out 199kw. More room for power with bigger injectors, any suggestions?http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/631d9c6491716/20220812_145143.mp4

What injectors does it have standard? I thought the rev D’s had decent sized top feeds already?
A cheap decap or bumping the fuel pressure up a bit should give you a decent amount more headroom though. 

19 hours ago, mattycav said:

Hay guys I'm new here I got my b4 rsk back to from my mechanic it got a new radiator and new front brake disks and pads and frech fluid's oil and coolant and new thromostat hopefully my bill won't be to hicdick 😂🤦

Don't hold your breath ;) welcome too btw

What injectors does it have standard? I thought the rev D’s had decent sized top feeds already?
A cheap decap or bumping the fuel pressure up a bit should give you a decent amount more headroom though. 
Has the factory pink injectors, have talked to Tony in the last couple days and he said to send him a set of pinks and he will get then decapped and flow checked. So while that's happening I'll try get a cert

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

been a while since i could contribute to this thread :D 

gave her a full detail in and out, incl engine bay etc.. claybar, spot compounds for couple scratches, ultimate polish, ultimate wax. rainx on glass and blacken plastic trim bits that had slightly faded over time. more photo spam in the garage thread

GYdasTe.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I rebooted my first CV axle today with a OEM kit. Grease was sporadically leaking from the small clamp on the inner PTJ boot. Oddly enough it wasn't the one next to the downpipe. Once I had it apart I very quickly found out why. The grease was very liquid. I could pour it out. I wonder whether they just do that or whether it has been diluted with water. Regardless, it was a phenomenally messy job. 

The OEM clamps are specific to the diameter of the boot. Took a bit of tinkering with a set of pliers and a g-clamp to get them tightened up. I got told by the Subaru shop that the mechanics don't like using them and I could see why. 

Reading horror stories on the internet made me prepare for a fight with the axle nut and hub but a foot on my 2 foot breaker bar and a 6 point 32mm socket did the trick. It didn't even let go with a bang it was that disappointing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The followup to my last post was that I must have nicked my Axle seal doing the job because I lost about 0.5L of gear oil over the space of a week and 400km and had spots in the driveway. I put a new one in today. Touch wood it has sorted the leak. It must be one of those items Subaru of NZ mark up a heap because I paid nearly $50 for it. The boot kit was only $85

Edited by Boltonator
  • Like 1

I think even if I change an engine or make it spit fire or anything cool I will refrain from posting here until someone else does :)

I did change my Transmission Mount for a Group N this week. Awesome mod! What surprised me wasn't the actual gearbox related benefits (no jerking in 1st, direct acceleration) but how solid my car feels when a bump upsets it. Before the car felt vague over railroad tracks or any kind of bumpy terrain and I thought that the suspension had seen better days. But what I was likely feeling was the Transmission swinging around under the car, now its locked in place and the car glides over the rough stuff. My wife is going to get a surprise when i wring out the car, its quite shouty inside at higher rpms. 

• Like 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Boltonator said:

I think even if I change an engine or make it spit fire or anything cool I will refrain from posting here until someone else does :)

I did change my Transmission Mount for a Group N this week. Awesome mod! What surprised me wasn't the actual gearbox related benefits (no jerking in 1st, direct acceleration) but how solid my car feels when a bump upsets it. Before the car felt vague over railroad tracks or any kind of bumpy terrain and I thought that the suspension had seen better days. But what I was likely feeling was the Transmission swinging around under the car, now its locked in place and the car glides over the rough stuff. My wife is going to get a surprise when i wring out the car, its quite shouty inside at higher rpms. 

Yeah quite often the factory ones are completely stuffed along with about 50 of the space available used.

The Kein trans mount is nice too, it's a slight step up in vibration but gets heals more gear whine which you could say is good or bad depending on preference

• Admin

Did this a few weeks back but finally decided to drive the car over the long weekend for some testing after it not moving since Xmas.

It's just the back of the factory bumper insert cut back with a die grinder to open up all the fake holes and theoretically allow a better supply of cold air to the intake. 
I didn't have any useful logs showing pre turbo temps so it's hard to prove but temps at the manifold while cruising are definitely lower than they have ever been in the past.

The bumper skin behind the cover has been opened up too but I may end up making a bit of a shroud to direct the air right at the filter where now it can get easily disturbed by the remaining bumper skin and possibly remove the opened vent area entirely for even more flow. 

52803922095_78c451dee0_b.jpg

52803969473_2d1d343ae4_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Drove her like a nana to Wellington with the new downpipe. Got her turned today at Prestige, feels completely different. Got a good feel for it on the drive back to palmy😂.

Just need to invest in a pump and injectors to lift her above 15psi

• Like 1

• Admin
On 28/04/2023 at 6:39 PM, Serchn said:

Drove her like a nana to Wellington with the new downpipe. Got her turned today at Prestige, feels completely different. Got a good feel for it on the drive back to palmy😂.

Just need to invest in a pump and injectors to lift her above 15psi

Bigger turbo? Seems hard to believe it's already running out of pump and injector if stock 

• Admin

235wkw?

Honestly the turbo probably doesn't have any more than that in it. You could turn the boost up but it's CFM that matters, and I don't think I've literally ever seen an "honest" dyno sheet over 240wkw with anything that came stock on a Subaru. Even 236 is very very good.

So then you're up for turbo + injectors + pump + probably a front mount + another tune and it starts getting quite gnarly, because for a meaningful power gain you should really go to a twisted turbo so there's fab costs, new downpipe, and probably a wastegate, and then you're likely exceeding the safe limits of your stock block.

You can get 230wkw fairly easily on a modern Subaru, anything significantly more is suddenly very expensive.

• Admin
2 hours ago, boon said:

235wkw?

Honestly the turbo probably doesn't have any more than that in it. You could turn the boost up but it's CFM that matters, and I don't think I've literally ever seen an "honest" dyno sheet over 240wkw with anything that came stock on a Subaru. Even 236 is very very good.

So then you're up for turbo + injectors + pump + probably a front mount + another tune and it starts getting quite gnarly, because for a meaningful power gain you should really go to a twisted turbo so there's fab costs, new downpipe, and probably a wastegate, and then you're likely exceeding the safe limits of your stock block.

You can get 230wkw fairly easily on a modern Subaru, anything significantly more is suddenly very expensive.

The power figure is around right on with what these make but it's just weird the boost is so low unless Chris is limiting low end boost and calling it a flat 15psi tune. Mines obviously the previous gen but that made 225wkw at about 19psi but 23psi down low

• 4 months later...

Got the bigger fuel pump and injectors, factory boost cut removed and a retune at roughly 18psi, gained torque and now at 242.6kw and 445.6nm. Less boost at top end as something to do with boostcut above 6k. Alot nicer to drive down low.

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0739.jpeg

• Like 2