Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='funkytown said:

Id hate to admit it bt i tired a set of 17x8.5 today in +42 offset and they were to narrow. i need at least 17x9 or 8.5 in +35 or lower to sit in the rear gaurds properly

/quote]

Why you mucking with offset ??

Offset is hugely crucial to handling

Your too old and sensible !!

BLAZD']

Id hate to admit it bt i tired a set of 17x8.5 today in +42 offset and they were to narrow. i need at least 17x9 or 8.5 in +35 or lower to sit in the rear gaurds properly

/quote]

Ahhh, but when you know about scub radius etc- you'll never change the offest

Trust me

And yes i'm getting old, but no faster than you LOL

Ichi Ban']

/quote]

Trust me

Yea but he's so young he's not allowed to drive the car without a supervisor in the car, and not after 10pm ;)

petrolheadjman']

/quote]

Trust me

Yea but he's so young he's not allowed to drive the car without a supervisor in the car, and not after 10pm ;)

or has to cruisin with his Mum :)

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='rskikn said:

after alot of angle grinding and sanding and still more sanding to come... droped off my intake manifold to gss in penrose and got them to fit me up sum weld on fitting.. ahhh more braided line here i come.. no more silicon hose.. marked where i wanted the fittings put on so there as close to where they need to go.. less clutter..

img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg6/scaled.php?server=6&filename=intakemanifold1.png&res=medium[/img]

scaled.php?server=14&filename=intakemani

still havent decided if i wanna get it powder coated red yet???

Need a big bore throttle for it?

they bore em out at gss.. gotta take it back with the throttle so they can match it up.. wats yr take on sizes etc?? it'll be running 3" piping as well.. ive talked to kent @ speed source a few times ive been up there for tunes and he dont really put much stock in the bigger throttles.. theres heaps of pro's and con's...

3" seems very large, has anyone done flow/speed calcs on 3" run of your I/C pipe?

Cons are that butterflies are too hard to make and aftermarket ones are a pain to mount up sensors onto etc

I measured my mega top munt and the outlet is 63.8mm - So i am happy to have my 64.3mm throttle body

even 2.5" ID pipe is 63.5mm

I cant see the point running big intake pipes or I/C and then try to force the air thru a 60mm hole (ie factory throttle which is 16% smaller)

I know someone will have a std I/C sitting around Can some one measure a std I/C outlet inside diameterand post it up

a mate at gss in penrose has all the right bits to make new butterfly and open up throttle plus intake.. so ill prob go with that and stick with the 2.5 on the cold side..

BLAZD said:

that excites me

try one of mine on

here ya'll, they are 17 x 8.5 and something like +42 ET, i had to put 6mm spacers in the rear and they still didn't fill my gaurds, the front wanted about 3mm spacers tops and was flush. tyres are 245/40/17s lol!!! smaller tyres on the front and i could slam 17x9s on there with minimal camber.

(yes i know the rear tyre is on backwards) we grabbed the rears off gregs and put them on one side of my car - test fit only.

2011-07-10%25252014.05.44.jpg

2011-07-10%25252014.02.13.jpg

2011-07-10%25252014.01.38.jpg

2011-07-10%25252014.02.30.jpg