Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Its the joys of having to drive through carparks/side streets with big lumps everywhere in a lowered car to pick people up and drop them off. I really should have kept my car at standard ride height if I wanted to be a good samaritan :( Quite nice being able to get to places that all the shitty 2wd's can't go at the moment (like the carpark at work that has a minor incline and black ice).

Oh yeah, by busting the bumper I mean "broke the zip ties that were previously holding it on" haha ;D The car dig manage to pick up a tonne of snow yesterday so I may have done the bumper then? Flooded the garage last night by dropping all the snow out.

cleaned air flow sensor with some crc Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner, used nearly a whole can just getting it clean......but the difference was noticeable just at idle and reved up quicker and setteled down in the revs quicker then before to, will see how it goes on gas next, also changed the blubs in the aircon unit,

which looked like this

SANY0002-1.jpg

and now all lights look like this for $2.00 a bulb,

SANY0054.jpg

harder to see but they all work and now have heaps of spare bulbs left over as well

kwikaus said:

cleaned air flow sensor with some crc Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner, used nearly a whole can just getting it clean......but the difference was noticeable just at idle and reved up quicker and setteled down in the revs quicker then before to, will see how it goes on gas next, also changed the blubs in the aircon unit,

which looked like this

SANY0002-1.jpg

SANY0054.jpg

harder to see but they all work and now have heaps of spare bulbs left over as well

Ah, the same legacy as mine!!

So it IS just me whose mode and fan speed button doesn't work.

How many bulbs are behind there may I ask?

Divine']

[quote name='kwikaus said:

which looked like this

IMG]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/kwikaus/SANY0002-1.jpg[/img]

SANY0054.jpg

is there anyway to stop it automatically going into a/c& full bore each time i press the windscreen button?(its kinda annoying/loud)

nztintin said:

failed a wof..... anyone have a spare windscreen for a gc8 laying around?

second hand windscreens arent a really good way to go best to go brand new, i rang around for price for my project car and smith and smith were between 400 and 500 but novus were only 280ish for windscreen and fitting, best to shop around but id give novus a go

Volcanix']

which looked like this

SANY0054.jpg

is there anyway to stop it automatically going into a/c& full bore each time i press the windscreen button?(its kinda annoying/loud)

there is 5 lights in behind there, someone done a walk though a while ago, get one out and take to a good auto sparky, dont worry about the holder, just get the bulb and replace using old holder, if you have trouble getting the bulbs let me know, i can get more for anyone that needs them.

dont know if you can stop the aircon going flat out when you push the window button, but i do know if you hold down the out. temp button for 5 sec it stays on the out side temp..

kwikaus']

which looked like this

SANY0054.jpg

there is 5 lights in behind there, someone done a walk though a while ago, get one out and take to a good auto sparky, dont worry about the holder, just get the bulb and replace using old holder, if you have trouble getting the bulbs let me know, i can get more for anyone that needs them.

dont know if you can stop the aircon going flat out when you push the window button, but i do know if you hold down the out. temp button for 5 sec it stays on the out side temp..

with the windscreen button, after u push it push the fan button until u get to desired speed and press the a/c button to switch that off, use mine all the time lol, hope this helps

Jason47']

[quote name='nztintin said:

failed a wof..... anyone have a spare windscreen for a gc8 laying around?

/quote]

second hand windscreens arent a really good way to go best to go brand new, i rang around for price for my project car and smith and smith were between 400 and 500 but novus were only 280ish for windscreen and fitting, best to shop around but id give novus a go

good to know, i went to smith and smith and was quoted 400ish, was gonna go to novus tomorrow if works not too busy, it's just for the track car and my mechanics gonna teach me how to fit it so that was the reason for going 2nd hand\cheap, if novus is only $280 thats freaking awesome! worst thing is the car was on the trailer on the way home from the track when it happened and its right on the drivers side, if the car failed on more than the windscreen i would have just put the rego on hold for 6months

and no with road race rally cover there is no glass cover, just straight $500 excess......

bought a couple of storage bins for the boot so all my work gear (gas cooker, food, and jumpers etc) isnt floating around the boot and then its easier to take it all out if i need to

was going to move 2 oz, desided to sell, sold it within 2 days lol and now were not going, wife loved it, wasnt really my thing a, she only just got her license like 6 weeks ago and i didnt want another wagon haha she had her chance

G-unit said:

was going to move 2 oz, desided to sell, sold it within 2 days lol and now were not going, wife loved it, wasnt really my thing a, she only just got her license like 6 weeks ago and i didnt want another wagon haha she had her chance

Oh bugger! I loved that wagon!