Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Your sig reminds me, really need to go into RDL for service lol

I\'ve used the upper engine cleaner on a few things and it works well, sprayed a bit into my mower that chuckled along like death and now it runs like new... so it must do some good :P

fitted 2nd bonnet pin, spent bloody ages trying to file down the 8mm steel on the bonnet catch to lower it, and after 7 years of ownership, and roughly 50 thousand spent over the years, watched it drive away in some one else\'s ownership. a bit sad

We are borg said:

disk grinder with a 1 mm disk and cut those stubs back a few mm, 1/2 hr job done :)

thought bout that but i\'m thinking bout buying another set of wheels (17"s that clear brembos to use for track) so don\'t wanna cut them out. Went to see Warren Dixon -rimrite- and will drill few mm in the back of my wheels instead!

B4 2000']

[quote name='We are borg said:

disk grinder with a 1 mm disk and cut those stubs back a few mm, 1/2 hr job done :)

/quote]

thought bout that but i\'m thinking bout buying another set of wheels (17"s that clear brembos to use for track) so don\'t wanna cut them out. Went to see Warren Dixon -rimrite- and will drill few mm in the back of my wheels instead!

Yeah i did a similar thing when my old Accord failed a cert. Got him to machine a couple mm off the hub of the rim so i get the 6 1/4 turns required for the cert on the wheel nuts. Shaved like .8mm off to get 1/2 a turn on the nut. Was an interesting exercise and alot cheaper than longer wheel studs.

Picked up another primary downpipe so I can whip the cat out of it and just swap them once done (f$#@k doing that with it in place)

Lets see which half of the interwebs is right about nuking primary turbos or not - seems to be an earlier model thing not so much B4 era

tried doing some logging to find out what is causing the misfire at WOT around 5-6krpm in 5th gear. Going to check all the hose clamps as i suspect the clamp on the turbo to y-pipe is not ideal and needs replacing, causing pressure loss under load. Boost is down slightly as well. Pulls well in all other gears but WOT in 5th at 5.5krpm misfire and wont go past it. I did think after some research the knock sensor may be going as it hasn;t been replaced ever and have heard these can cause similar symptoms???

discharged the a/c, removed ac pump and most of the lines. oil change, new oil filter. slightly higher oil pressure, but still not good. next step, change oil pump, see if that sorts it out. we will see.

also replaced my radiator cap, removed it last night to check for oil in the water and the rubber seals split, which ment it was literally leaking EVERYWHERE, smell of boiling coolant when i already have oil pressure issues had me more than a bit worried until i found it!!! :S

subie

split hose from filler tank to crossover pipe, soooo silicone hose times!, swapped in gtb headlights. but in whatever ice blue bulbs were in into the sprinter

sprinter, new lights from subie, wired in headunit, good clean out and removed reminants of monsoons.

kwi_fozze said:

discharged the a/c, removed ac pump and most of the lines. oil change, new oil filter. slightly higher oil pressure, but still not good. next step, change oil pump, see if that sorts it out. we will see.

also replaced my radiator cap, removed it last night to check for oil in the water and the rubber seals split, which ment it was literally leaking EVERYWHERE, smell of boiling coolant when i already have oil pressure issues had me more than a bit worried until i found it!!! :S

Lol hoping you degassed it the right way, not the way I did it which was to forget to cover the pipe as I unbolted it and got a face full of yellow dye

Codex']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

/quote]

Lol hoping you degassed it the right way, not the way I did it which was to forget to cover the pipe as I unbolted it and got a face full of yellow dye

lol, i loosened off the bolts holding the pipes down until it started releasing the pressure, then i hit the valves at the same time. was quite quick, but not explosive decompression if you know what i mean.

removed the heavey as fuck apexi steel fmic pipes and put on a water intercooler core . and found a suitable tank for ice reservior at k mart . orederd DW 200 fuel pump

5.5 k in 5th yeah thats getting up there . could be lots of things and its not that easy to diagnose

traded some jds for a gear set .