Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Marky']

[quote name='VADZTER said:

Well this was yesterday but hey. Put the kts adjustables I got off hijacka on here. Sitting at a nice height and on the lowest damper setting there is just no give in the suspension at all. It\'s gonna be a BUMPY ride!!! :)

/quote]

Maximum amusement comes from top heavy female passengers combined with judder bumps. Wife reckons the car is going to give her black eyes one day.

Replaced door speakers in the wagon - supercheap had car audio for cheapcheap so bought 2 pairs (also, 6" in front and back doors? amazing) - even cheapo xplod ones are a vast improvement over the 5-10 year old japanese kenwoods it had in before.

It\'s all part of the plan ;) haha

BLAZD']

[quote name='BLAZD said:

might start a stir thread now that its nearly finished.

/quote]

hahahaha kinda! motor and box out again, ready for its new motor and goodies :)

400kw, RWD, - 10 deg camber , no worries

and no traction...but start one really do.

Got very drunk and decided a dead cold limiter bash was in order.

Will have some repairs to be done shortly as I managed to do some damage.

"It\'s not what we\'re drinking it\'s what we think will be fun when we\'re drunk"

Roo said:

"It\'s not what we\'re drinking it\'s what we think will be fun when we\'re drunk"

What did you break? I used to do limiter launches all the time in my libero never had a problem. Never ran in the 5 puk brass button clutch when new either was dumping it that night iirc. Few long years ago now tho...

evowrx']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

What did you break? I used to do limiter launches all the time in my libero never had a problem. Never ran in the 5 puk brass button clutch when new either was dumping it that night iirc. Few long years ago now tho...

Was it cold when you did it though?

Suspect head gasket atm, it\'s continually oil fouling cylinder #3 spark plug, just about rooted a new plug just going round the block.

More a case of it was waiting to happen as it\'s done 190+km\'s and I am running 20+psi lol

changed the oil, changed filters, ripped off the i/c, replaced the oil gallery bolt above cylinder 3 with one that has an internal 1/8th npt thread, installed oil temp sensor in sump bolt, installed oil pressure sender, installed electronic boost gauge sensor and wiring.

installed my gauges into the defi gauge pod i got off trademe, installed into the car. :D all round productive day. oohh, i drove it too :D

It has not gone as yet, but it will be.

I needed something a wee but more "roadable" the landcruiser is awesome, great offroad,will tow a planet, has GREAT present on road :), But a tad slow on road and handles like a barge.

As I am doing more and more on road K\'s( we have a few buses leased out around the central NI) I needed something to eat miles BUT still have the ability to tow stuff( buses) and the hilux was at a very good price.

I showed wifey your hilux, her first comment was "it looks like something from your zombie movies"

Win :D

I "mocked up" how I\'ll sort my air intake on the legacy... kinda de-clutters things a bit? Hides the ABS too which helps clean it up a little. Should look alright when done with a bit of ali and silicon instead of PVC and dryer hosing :P

IMG_20121216_155640.jpg

Oh and took to the headlights with some toothpaste, had no jif and couldnt find polish, genuinely works really well! And so minty fresh.

• Admin
 We are borg said:

It has not gone as yet, but it will be.

I needed something a wee but more "roadable" the landcruiser is awesome, great offroad,will tow a planet, has GREAT present on road :), But a tad slow on road and handles like a barge.

As I am doing more and more on road K\'s( we have a few buses leased out around the central NI) I needed something to eat miles BUT still have the ability to tow stuff( buses) and the hilux was at a very good price.

Hrm, details of said Landy? If it\'s the kind with the seats down either side in the back then you and I may need to discuss some things.

Mine is mounted in the same place - took a 30 deg day and 2 hours of nine inch nails to cook it, couldnt work out why sub was starting and stopping haha

Worst case get a little 12v computer fan to blow into or out of the spare wheel well I guess