Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

94 Leone said:

was done while cold; nah; no water goes anywhere it\'s definitely a head related issue; jus rather unconventional; I\'ll know more when the engine\'s out- again. Water pump is fine too; water doesn\'t drip anywhere- tells me it\'s in the head, and probably being blown out exhaust.

HG is poked....

thats how they go 90% of the time

madmike']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

was done while cold; nah; no water goes anywhere it\'s definitely a head related issue; jus rather unconventional; I\'ll know more when the engine\'s out- again. Water pump is fine too; water doesn\'t drip anywhere- tells me it\'s in the head, and probably being blown out exhaust.

/quote]

HG is poked....

Yeah; I know it\'s poked haha. Getting new ones; I\'d much prefer it be an issue with head gaskets as opposed to heads haha

syphe']

[quote name='paulngui said:

Swapped out struts for ones with pink springs :)

/quote]

what do you think of them? Pretty easy to install?

I ended up getting a set from gotasuby, probably the same struts as you have (but with regular springs).

Was hoping to have time to install them over the weekend but didn\'t in the end.

Haven\'t been for a proper drive with them yet but pretty happy so far :) Had a friend from work help me to install which helped a lot, but having done it now I\'d say it\'s reasonably easy; just time consuming and not something I\'d repeat in a hurry. Trickiest bit is getting the bottom of the rear shocks to line up for the bolt to go in cos of the way the rest of the assembly wants to move. The rest is fairly straight forward.

So what\'s the difference with your new ones to your existing if they have regular springs? You have a SpecB yea?

Timmah']

[quote name='nickch said:

;D

/quote]

What are these?

[L-R] Rear diff mount bushes, Diff support bushes and rear subframe locking bolts.

Ooo, expensive?

USD 95 for the whole set..

Plus about 25 bux shipped to NZ

Quite keen to see if they make a difference..

Its supposed to reduce/get rid of rear diff clunk when shifting or accelerating hard..

the rear subframe bolts also reduce the \'floatiness\' of the rear end..

nickch']

[quote name='nickch said:

;D

/quote]

What are these?

[L-R] Rear diff mount bushes, Diff support bushes and rear subframe locking bolts.

Ooo, expensive?

USD 95 for the whole set..

Plus about 25 bux shipped to NZ

Quite keen to see if they make a difference..

Its supposed to reduce/get rid of rear diff clunk when shifting or accelerating hard..

the rear subframe bolts also reduce the \'floatiness\' of the rear end..

Definitely keep CS updated on how it goes :D

94 Leone']

/quote]

HG is poked....

Yeah; I know it\'s poked haha. Getting new ones; I\'d much prefer it be an issue with head gaskets as opposed to heads haha

Well you dont know that till theyre off and checked do you.

evowrx']

/quote]

HG is poked....

Well you dont know that till theyre off and checked do you.

I said "it\'s", although one may have felt I inferred the head gaskets. I was referring to the engine as a whole; something is poked; otherwise it wouldn\'t be making water disappear.

paulngui']

/quote]

I ended up getting a set from gotasuby, probably the same struts as you have (but with regular springs).

Was hoping to have time to install them over the weekend but didn\'t in the end.

Haven\'t been for a proper drive with them yet but pretty happy so far :) Had a friend from work help me to install which helped a lot, but having done it now I\'d say it\'s reasonably easy; just time consuming and not something I\'d repeat in a hurry. Trickiest bit is getting the bottom of the rear shocks to line up for the bolt to go in cos of the way the rest of the assembly wants to move. The rest is fairly straight forward.

So what\'s the difference with your new ones to your existing if they have regular springs? You have a SpecB yea?

Yeah mines Spec.B, but being 2003 they are the hardest riding set out of them all.

Put some Rev. B Bilstein front struts on last night.

I suspected the Rev. A ones were on the way out, they were making some knocking noises and didn\'t rebound properly which made it a pretty harsh ride (even harsher than it should be).

So got the new set in late last night, gave it a quick drive and yep the old ones were definitely poked. The front sits a wee bit higher now, but should settle. A wee bit more body roll than the stock set, but the old ones were really only good on completely smooth roads, so these are a great improvement.

Will get the rears on later in the week to finish it off :)

Glad to hear yours are doing well.

syphe']

/quote]

Yeah mines Spec.B, but being 2003 they are the hardest riding set out of them all.

Put some Rev. B Bilstein front struts on last night.

I suspected the Rev. A ones were on the way out, they were making some knocking noises and didn\'t rebound properly which made it a pretty harsh ride (even harsher than it should be).

So got the new set in late last night, gave it a quick drive and yep the old ones were definitely poked. The front sits a wee bit higher now, but should settle. A wee bit more body roll than the stock set, but the old ones were really only good on completely smooth roads, so these are a great improvement.

Will get the rears on later in the week to finish it off :)

Glad to hear yours are doing well.

That\'s interesting, mine\'s RevA as well and I\'ve heard about them being the hardest of them all, and supposedly uncomfortably hard, but I never noticed it being the case with my ones. But then again with the new struts in (RevB you said they were?), they don\'t feel noticeably softer, so whether they were swapped out in Japan, who knows. Or could be the springs making it feel as firm..

Good job getting them in; but yeah it\'ll settle down. With the pink ones they were sitting at the same height if not slightly higher at first haha.

Found some strange tread wear on the C33, just in time, I\'ve gone through the wire on the inside of one front wheel and down to the wire on the other side. Thing has next to no camber up front so it must be rubbing somewhere?

Did some wheel swapping so i could drive on ok tyres, pokes like an inch in the front now the fitment is so mexican I hate it

10815851035_d7702be6dc_c.jpg

Backed the wagon out while i rolled the laurels front guards. It\'s growing on me with no grill. Also took an \'i missed you\' photo lol

10814138424_8b903fbdf8_c.jpg

lachlan said:

hey man that tire wear is caused by having very little /none castor

Yeah? It feels to have heaps of caster, very strong self centering of the steering (can just let go in a slide and power out of it)

one of my tyres has about 10cm width of tread in the middle from being run flat for a few weeks

was very surprised to find the other tyre which i thought was good in such a bad state.

It\'s the very inside corner of the tyre that has been worn right off.

I did the caster bushes when I first got it and paid no attention to the setting of the bolts, reckon if i go for full positive castor left and right it will sort it?