Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

B4_685 said:

Had a look under the hood after noticing some wisps of smoke coming from scoop when engine off- developed an oil leak somewhere near the primary....looks like its under the heatshield - any guesses?

Jacked up one side (was only jacking front but rear wheel came up too- awesome stiff construction!) and found i have cracked cv boot spraying grease on cat

**Edit** - Drove up to Richard (SAS) and had new boot fitted in about 10 mins - cheers dude!

cleaned the new line and got some new wheels from work as rs5\'s were ugh

FLUSHYO_zps6470842f.jpg

IMG_20131206_190034_zpsa43bef19.jpg

turns out she has spacers on and wheel studs have been sheared off to fit them

def rubs so needs to be raised a little and cambered or il just roll the guards,

Any suggestions on colour for rims ?

Johnnynz']

[quote name='We are borg said:

And none of you buggers called in :-\

I do it in under 45 mins in the lux :)

/quote]

I have to be honest I have never stopped in Raetihi. Where abouts are you there Darren?

Depends if it is during a week day or a weekend :)

Week day = at work usually 25 Seddon Street = Seddon Street is the main Street of SH4 next to the Old Theatre

Weekends = At home ( Hopefully as I work 7 days a week ,) 30 George Street = 2nd road on left when coming from Wanganui

Any more pics , looks good. Used to have a t coupe many moons ago , fun cars.

92LEGESI said:

cleaned the new line and got some new wheels from work as rs5\'s were ugh

FLUSHYO_zps6470842f.jpg

IMG_20131206_190034_zpsa43bef19.jpg

turns out she has spacers on and wheel studs have been sheared off to fit them

def rubs so needs to be raised a little and cambered or il just roll the guards,

Any suggestions on colour for rims ?

Cleaned up sump, all that goo!! I disdain the crap, apparently that\'s the OE replacement says the guy from BNT I spoke to on the phone. Anyone clarify? I prefer real gaskets/seals as opposed to gunky shite. Also, what\'s the best way to clean the gunge out of the sump? ge8uzeme.jpg

Fitted battery box in boot and an insulated positive stud under the bonnet.

Removed spare wheel etc.

Polished the roof as it was looking fairly oxidised

Looked at it and thought I might be starting to care about it again or something? Surely not..

94 Leone said:

Cleaned up sump, all that goo!! I disdain the crap, apparently that\'s the OE replacement says the guy from BNT I spoke to on the phone. Anyone clarify? I prefer real gaskets/seals as opposed to gunky shite. Also, what\'s the best way to clean the gunge out of the sump?

Could clean off the old stuff using a whiz wheel pretty quickly

Codex']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

Cleaned up sump, all that goo!! I disdain the crap, apparently that\'s the OE replacement says the guy from BNT I spoke to on the phone. Anyone clarify? I prefer real gaskets/seals as opposed to gunky shite. Also, what\'s the best way to clean the gunge out of the sump?/quote]

Could clean off the old stuff using a whiz wheel pretty quickly

Would that I could find it, flap disc will do fine for now. More cleaning stuff on today\'s agenda, new head bolts tomorrow :D

Sent from my SGH-I927

boon said:

Did you fuse the feed from the boot? And use at least 2GA wire?

Soooo many people with a relocated battery running 4 gauge wire with no fuse on it, car fire waiting to happen.

Used 35mm cable, I know what i\'m doing don\'t panic lol

Roo']

[quote name='boon said:

Soooo many people with a relocated battery running 4 gauge wire with no fuse on it, car fire waiting to happen.

/quote]

that\'s some big ass cable

ADIKT']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

that\'s some big ass cable

Voltage drop.

Buy old welder cable usually 6-10m for $50. Double insulated and usually real big.

Roo said:

50mm is overkill though. Factory cables are 25mm so 35mm to overcome the voltage drop is fine.

Yes all battery cable we use is double insulated.

Stop trying to pick holes in what I do for a job :P

I wasn\'t. My point being I would almost bet that its cheaper than you would pay for it ever so definitely cheaper for a casual member on here without connections.