Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Slapped this 330mm Nardi knock off on heaps better than the old chinese wheel that fell apart lol.. this wheel seems alot more solid than the old one, I find it hard selecting good genuine steering wheels because there just aren't many out there that i like and are decent priced, most of the good ones are only 350mm which i find to big.

022_zpsor85j0qn.jpg

034_zpsltasubmm.jpg

• General Member
 WRXER said:
Got my track gc8 dropped off finally

11703043_10155783509290587_3633338401536

Here is the dyno..too quiet for my liking so exhaust is first thing to change.

The dyno sheet for those that are in the know...I am for one not one of them lol I just want to hit the track and back up to speed in a literal sense.

11755919_10155783448655587_5189016701560

Excellent! Between you, Mad Mike, I and the few others in Auckland who might hit a track we can probably just about think about a Auckland trackday not to long after Flat Nats :D

hijacka said:
Slapped this 330mm Nardi knock off on heaps better than the old chinese wheel that fell apart lol.. this wheel seems alot more solid than the old one, I find it hard selecting good genuine steering wheels because there just aren't many out there that i like and are decent priced, most of the good ones are only 350mm which i find to big.

022_zpsor85j0qn.jpg

034_zpsltasubmm.jpg

Good to see you're still around and working on the Subby bro!

SRetRnkl.jpg?1

kmifUuel.jpg

New plugs.

Edited by Timmah

evowrx said:
That power graph is in ps/hp correct?

I've emailed the tuner for details to find out, I assume so....Yup keen for a trackday, just to stretch the legs and start working out any gremlins that are still lurking...

Installed gauges! Got the pod + gauges off tardme. The pod is in OK condition with a few scratches and a crack next to the boost gauge but overall I'm happy, I'll sort out the fitment gap some day as well. The boost gauge will be changed to match the other two.

Finally getting a boost gauge also shows the car only achieving 10psi on a standard motor - closer inspection shows it is missing the restrictor pill! :(

398289372.jpg

398289262.jpg

Instant boost, just add restrictor pill! :cool:

Restrictor pill will only increase boost when one is not already present. Refer to your mechanic for advice on whether the restrictor pill is suitable for your vehicle. May cause allergic reactions in police and other individuals sensitive to turbocharged vehicles. Not suitable for Nissans or children under the age of 12.

May have bought 1450kgs worth of reason to come on here more often

2002 Rev D GTB Wagon in black, completely stock other than the usual cannon muff - same owner since 2003. Drove a VR4 and stagea turbo both and neither came close to "quality" feel I guess, both were quicker but for the $$ the sooooby was the better (read: more grown up) option

Wifey: "Can you please just leave this one alone?"

Marky: "What if I buy us a heat pump"

W: "... It's your car just don't blow it up"

Yuss

Pick it up on Tuesday

• Admin

You looked into whether they can be tuned with a tactrix? Had a look the other day but seem to be lots of threads with people trying but never getting very far without definition files.

And for heatpumps, don't get a Hitachi, sure they're cheap but they are a seriously inferior product compared to most other reputable brands out there.

Edited by Andy_Mac

I've got one def file here which has maps for everything - I think - like ECV & IACV timing, permitted pressure differential at X rpm, fuel/ign/boost maps etc. 99% sure it's doable just don't have the car to pull the rom out of and find out in person yet. Plus the dude who sells the tactrix / evoscan stuff is in Tauranga too so if I get super stuck I can cry out, he had a play with my Airtrek. And so is that Andy_mac fella who has tinkered with it

People home tune the AUDM ones which are almost identical so I don't see why it won't be workable - plus there's a dude on here who does them in Auckland isn't there? I'm 110% open to doing a reflash-by-mail service for anyone who wants it if I get it to work, even just a "pulled timing, less VOD and no speed cut" sort of tune with nothing else touched just to stop them pinging. I know that no car is identical but there's a lot you can fiddle with without affecting the safety of it at all

I have a lot of spare time to make it work anyway haha. For what it's worth it is quite startling how much nicer the facelift ones drive

Drove her :) put some 98 in her too :D

and now she will probably sit unloved til i finish Recruit course(Air force basic training)

And on that note anyone have a full GC8 exhaust? Mines pretty beaten up- the old driveway was not its' friend.

94 Leone said:

and now she will probably sit unloved til i finish Recruit course(Air force basic training)

Embrace it, love it, it'll be like a holiday camp but with camoflage and some drill and airplane rides

And they pay you for it

Bolted this in

DSC_0309_zps4pe8lcbv.jpg

Massive change in uh, nothing I noticed, but who knows, it's bound to do something. Shame it's hidden from view but it might be handy to secure a sub box to?

Also car now has no main cat, now all the neighbours know when I'm home rather than just most of them.

Boost sorted!

Got a restrictor pill (Subaru call it an 'orifice' lol) for $6 from Armstrong. 1 day shipping from Auckland. Now hitting 15psi. What a difference! I always thought the car felt slow but being by first Subaru I was unsure.

This is the best $6 orifice I've ever had :P

Part no. FYI: 22326KA120

calebwrx said:
Installed gauges! Got the pod + gauges off tardme. The pod is in OK condition with a few scratches and a crack next to the boost gauge but overall I'm happy, I'll sort out the fitment gap some day as well. The boost gauge will be changed to match the other two.

Finally getting a boost gauge also shows the car only achieving 10psi on a standard motor - closer inspection shows it is missing the restrictor pill! :(

398289372.jpg

398289262.jpg

Fixed the issue above, just with some cheap ass SCA pads for the moment, I'll get something decent before the next trackday.

Also rebled the brakes, must have had some air in it last time, causing the spongy pedal.

Now with new pads and no air in the system its solid as.

Also chucked in a lolzy boost tap, for the s$#&s n giggles.:P