Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Been a while. But fitted new from axles. Adjusted a head of front end geometry. Add wider front and rear fenders to stop the tires running!!

Slowly now prepping for some new paint. 

%5BURL=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/Dmacnz/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7534.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/Dmacnz/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7534.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

20 hours ago, loner said:

Shelly Bay? Have you done it before apart from Targa?

Done it twice, 2009 in both directions on Targa, then 2011 just before Targa (last event before writing the Legacy off on Targa actually). So today was fun. Not as fast as I would like, but need more power if I am going to go well there, struggled to even get a good launch it's so slow. And I still don't like losing to people because their cars are fast.

In saying that Andrew was stupidly fast in his Corolla, which is impressive for an N/A 1600!

Couple of photos from today:

th_IMG_6279_zpstttgh8bl.jpg

th_IMG_6268_zpszmxlpnu5.jpg

th_IMG_6272_zpsicsmrmeu.jpg

th_IMG_6273_zps7p9pxahl.jpg

th_IMG_6274_zpsqwcy8u4y.jpg

th_IMG_6275_zpseph9u1lf.jpg

th_IMG_6276_zpsjdlsg1hy.jpg

th_IMG_6277_zpspy6z6plr.jpg

th_IMG_6278_zpsnwsiu2py.jpg

And video:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Munkvy said:

And I still don't like losing to people because their cars are fast.

Losing to someone in a slower car because your driving sucks is worse though :)

Andrew is bloody fast in that Corolla... being beaten by a Corolla is my pet peeve.

15 hours ago, Max Power said:

After a clean I had time to give it a quick coat using meguiars nxt tech wax. Added a little more shine and hopefully bit of protection as well. 

20161001_174900_zpsnpu3suic.jpg

20161001_174735_zps7kvnfatg.jpg

Really good results ! You should try Chemical Guys products, I prefer those over Meguiar's :D

No sure it's easy to find here though.

Today, I had enough of my dirty engine bay so I cleaned everything !

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Edited by delta
Added a second picture
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, evowrx said:

Impressive viv.

Thanks, reasonably tidy, but not really any grip left, you can hear the squeel in a couple of places. However the wide angle lense makes everything look straight too!

13 hours ago, loner said:

Losing to someone in a slower car because your driving sucks is worse though :)

Andrew is bloody fast in that Corolla... being beaten by a Corolla is my pet peeve.

Yeah my driving is getting better, but still plenty of room for improvement. Maybe we can compare at Port Rd...?

11 hours ago, loner said:

Just seen the results... 8th is really good for such a strong field, and you beat some much faster cars as well.

8th is ok, stoked to be so close to Jeff and Marty who have much better cars than me! Less than a second between 5th and 8th!

8 hours ago, delta said:

Really good results ! You should try Chemical Guys products, I prefer those over Meguiar's :D

No sure it's easy to find here though.

Thanks, I've not used chemical guys before but heard they have some pretty cool products. Anything you'd recommend?

I'd done a 2 step polish a few weeks back using carpro fixer and reflect which did most the work. The latest layer was to try protect it as it spends a lot of time out in the elements. 

1 hour ago, Munkvy said:

Yeah my driving is getting better, but still plenty of room for improvement. Maybe we can compare at Port Rd...?

It's been how many years since you entered port rd? Pretty sure you will do better... just don't listen to Geoff's advice this time :)

Edited by loner

3 hours ago, loner said:

It's been how many years since you entered port rd? Pretty sure you will do better... just don't listen to Geoff's advice this time :)

Jan last year, and I sucked horribly. Think I had some car issues with fuel surge. But also drove like a little bitch. So hoping to improve. And yes, won't be asking Geoff for advice at all!

Got any advice yourself...?

39 minutes ago, Munkvy said:

Jan last year, and I sucked horribly. Think I had some car issues with fuel surge. But also drove like a little bitch. So hoping to improve. And yes, won't be asking Geoff for advice at all!

Got any advice yourself...?

hmm, take the corners as fast as possible... personally I lose the most time entering the Alley, I alway try to stay in 3rd, but often chicken out and brake too much.

Actually I quiet often over cook the first barrel as well.

Edited by loner

9 hours ago, Max Power said:

Thanks, I've not used chemical guys before but heard they have some pretty cool products. Anything you'd recommend?

I'd done a 2 step polish a few weeks back using carpro fixer and reflect which did most the work. The latest layer was to try protect it as it spends a lot of time out in the elements. 

https://detaildepot.co.nz/

Supporters of CS as well, totally recommend their products.

• Like 1

all my wheels are the same colour now. Feels good torquing wheel nuts down. May however have flogged a wheel bearing the other day.. Difficult to say. not any movement of the bearing- just the rotor slightly with the wheel off. Will find out when I take my car for an early wof to make sure everything is Dandy.  Then adjusted the chain on the motorbike too because I'd left it way too slack.

19 hours ago, loner said:

hmm, take the corners as fast as possible... personally I lose the most time entering the Alley, I alway try to stay in 3rd, but often chicken out and brake too much.

Actually I quiet often over cook the first barrel as well.

Will the car be ready for Port Rd? Would be a weapon there now!

29 minutes ago, Munkvy said:

Will the car be ready for Port Rd? Would be a weapon there now!

It might be... but Port Rd has been full for about a week already. The reserve list is probably really long as well :(

7 minutes ago, dmacnz said:

Wide body rear and rear all fitted.  Plenty of filling and sanding.... But almost ready for some colour. First attempt at painting a car. Any tips welcome. 
Have all the right gear, just never attempted it before!

IMG_7596.jpg

What colour are you going to be painting it? Sorry never painted a whole car, only small patches with paint cans so I can't be much help

3 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

What colour are you going to be painting it? Sorry never painted a whole car, only small patches with paint cans so I can't be much help

Its a race car so never going to be perfect. Going a metallic blue. Same colour as my other Subaru. This car will slow turn into carbon-fibre bits so kinda of a temporary paint job!

Took it in to get tuned... still needs the up pipe fixed and some wiring fixes, but I am hoping Chris will organise everything and I won't have to take the car back until it's completely fixed. I am so over F***ing around with it now.

• Like 2

make sure the Air tank is full, don't go spraying while it's filling up- might get pressure drops- depending on the size of the compressor.
try to keep the spray guns distance from the car even the whole way. and the more undercoats(spray, sand back etc. etc.), the less imperfections in the top coat.

-extent of my knowledge, hope it goes to some use.

• Like 1