Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

2 hours ago, kwi_fozze said:

Alloy arms in, front genomes in. Ran out of light to tighten it all up, so shes on axle stands tonight.

Tomorrow, finish the job, swap the rear genomes in, bleed brakes tighten everything up and get it on the ground

Mint ;-)

Just now, albaru said:

Replaced the 6" rear splits with 6x9 3-way. It's a mission and the speakers are not 'fully-aligned' with anything, anywhere, or even themselves. They're on seriously wrong angles :) Oh well, it's my car and no one else will care :)

Get macbilt to align them to your wheels tomorrow.

Job done. Genome struts in, camber bolts in, brakes bled all 4 corners, whiteline goodies in, driveway alignment done to make it drivable (huuuuge Toe in from track width increase) oil and filter done too. Holy crap its a nice drive. Alignment this week as a matter of urgency now, thank christ I have a work vehicle or the new tyres would be rooted by the end of the week

Took the manky filter out that sits in the guard so much better air flow now and nice induction sound of the K&N filter...Also bought me a downpipe! cheers kwi_fozze for the hook up:D stoked! now to hit up Ajay for a fitment quote.

Jason helped me swap out my tuned length headers for some early bc5 RS headers yesterday and a quick retune. iv gone from one end of the spectrum to the other.... haha cool change! has moved the power band lower in the revs, less pull up top possibly. hitting 1.5bar around 3.6-3.8 on both headers so the changes on my factory engine setup is not really prominent. ill run these for a while see if i like them.... then sell my tuned ones to fund finishing my defi gauges before i move away

the collectors are equal length in theory. look really cool compared to the normal Subaru header

xbg0uq.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

I bought new Genuine Subaru bolts for the Flywheel and Pressure plate :)

I love genuine bits, even something as small as bolts, it just gives you a feeling of actually doing something right.

Now you have to tighten them up right as well.

7 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Got the forester back from NZEFI and it now runs 193KW at the wheels on 14PSI up from 150KW at the wheels. After a short drive home its a totally different car and will be fun to see how it goes at ruapuna this Saturday!

Nice. If you don't mind me asking. What does nZefi charge for a tune?! And did you have to wait long for a booking?!

The Brumbeast got some loving :)

New front rotors, and Pads and calipers cleaned and painted,

New LHF outer CV, new LHF inner CV boot and a clean and repack ( also flipped the inner ball holder thing to give the balls a new surface as I found that inner CV's for these are very hard to find) 

New Spark Plugs,Rotor and dizzy cap ( one of the 2 new ones I have in stock) 

Reset the tappets to try and quiet them down 

and lastly fix a couple if exhaust leaks 

29813127524_588d9a59a6_b.jpg

RHF front rotor, this is what happens when some one previous puts the carrier bolts back in without the spring washers and the end of the bolt is ground away by the rotor 

30146645180_a96e4d4513_b.jpg

MMMM new shiney rotors 

30146639260_cd1a8288ed_b.jpg

All fitted back up, painted the backing plates and hubs as well 

29821934863_bba30f646b_b.jpg

MMmm yellow, the overspray was from a wee touch up they had 2 coats done on them 

Fix them yourself it's super easy. Pro tip use the rust kill spray paint for wheels, if the paint is stuck solid you can use a paint stripper and water blaster. 

When I was working at bridgestone we got a set blasted and painted for around the $500 mark, but it was a brandnew set of factory wheels and just a gloss black finish. Would expect a fair bit more if the lips required filling or if it has a polished lip. I did my 16 inch bbs rims myself they came up great. Rims are always going to get damaged so not worth spending huge $$ reconditioning street car rims. 

So after the forester had its tune up, it was time to hit the track, ran out of time to get the new coilovers and camber bolts for the rear in and set up so just went this time with what I already had in it. Best lap was this one at 1.48.742, Cant wait to see how the coilovers change the car for corners, the poor rear tyres get hammered on the outside edges at the moment.

• Like 4