Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Baby needs a clutch

MercuryFree

Hey all, is anyone equipped/willing/able to guide/help me with a clutch install? Have got a flywheel thanks to spanku that I'm going to get machined and am currently getting a price on the clutch itself. Anyone able to help me out? Saturday preferred but I can always call in sick as a last resort if you are only available on another day/time.

Basically I have most of the tools that I would need I beleive I just lack such things as engine cranes and clutch alignment tools, and experience in doing clutches. Don't really want to screw it up.

Will provide payment in the form of beer/pizza/hugs/other if required :)

We should be able to take care of you, will have to find out where the engine crane has gone but should be able to sort you out

All you need is to get all the parts required and I (an probably a few others) will show / teach you how to do it...

Possible Saturday 13th any good for you? (provided i can find San crane again)

Bazza-NZ said:

Um yup that'd be awesome as long as it doesn't epicly die on me some more by then haha might have to bite the bullet and pay to get it done in the meantime if that happens as it's my only car

MercuryFree']

[quote name='Bazza-NZ said:

/quote]

Um yup that'd be awesome as long as it doesn't epicly die on me some more by then haha might have to bite the bullet and pay to get it done in the meantime if that happens as it's my only car

How bad is it?

Tried using the adjustment in the mean time? That will help out a little bit

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='Bazza-NZ said:

/quote]

How bad is it?

Tried using the adjustment in the mean time? That will help out a little bit

CRASHR showed me how to do that today so I will try that, however 'how bad is it' may be summed up by 'wof place wouldn't pass me as they didn't want to do a roadtest cos they didn't think it could get up a hill' lol so no WOF...

Scoobydoo said:

Well if it won't get up a hill then it won't get to Bazza's lol

haha I had arranged to pick up something from cr4shr before I rooted my clutch, and I managed to get there today - those of you who know where he is will understand - (and back over haywards lol) and it was painful but I managed it. I think the wof guy was just being a bit paranoid, but with good reason however.

Awesome girlfriend has kindly decided to lend me zee cash (<3 :P) to get it done ASAP (on restricted so she can't drive after 10 so I'm her night-taxi) so assuming Liam can get me a clutch kit tomorrow I'll hopefully get it done friday while I'm in class.

Thanks for the offers of assistance anyways guys, I very much appreciate it! I'll just have to learn this job when I'm in a less needthedamncar position

Guest Oscar

I am happy to sacrifice my last non-slipping forward cog on my auto. 1st gear tow all the way baby!

Actually, I change my mind. I don't even think it'll even make it past the station.

spark_38 said:

I'll pop in for a nosey when the job is being done, provided it is outside normal work hours

As mentioned above, getting it done on monday at a workshop as I need it for work and uni and no WOF is not condusive to my wallet if I have to drive that much. Need a second car methinks for times like this.

But thanks for the interest / support nonetheless :)

San hooked me up with a flywheel and a place to get it machined, they did an excellent job so double thanks to san and MP Autos in Upper Hutt are recommended by me now also.

Me likes the shiney

25660_345246607294_608172294_3361473_297

MercuryFree']

[quote name='gen11990 said:

how much to replace/install, estimate? cheers

/quote]

Um the guy gave me a rough price of 4 hours @ $65 an hour. Will update with final price once it's all said and done

That's a pretty good price, most places won't be able to do it less than that

spark_38']

[quote name='gen11990 said:

how much to replace/install, estimate? cheers

/quote]

Um the guy gave me a rough price of 4 hours @ $65 an hour. Will update with final price once it's all said and done

That's a pretty good price, most places won't be able to do it less than that

Yeah, I assume cheaper cos I'm supplying the clutch kit and a machined flywheel so they don't have to deal with that part of it. Probably doesn't include the price of consumables either but either way not too unhappy if it costs me around that all up :)

spark_38 said:

What clutch did you end up getting?

Any is ok as long as it's not an MP rebuilt one - they are good for brakes, rotors, machining, etc...but not clutches

I got a new oem replacement exedy. Was somewhat tempted by the HD but didn't really have the extra ~$215 lying around to justify it. Maybe next time when the car (hopefully) has more power to deal with

spark_38 said:

What clutch did you end up getting?

Any is ok as long as it's not an MP rebuilt one - they are good for brakes, rotors, machining, etc...but not clutches

They're rebuilt clutches are really good, especially the uprated one, they have a pretty good reputation amongst race car owners