Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Forester Exhaust Kit

Has anyone had any experience with a complete exhaust kit from Redline?

I am looking at changing the exhaust on my sf5 and have been told by the muffler man there is a full kit from Redline available, but I don't want to have droning in the cabin, or an exhaust that sets off car alarms as I drive past. Any info / experiences???

Guest boostcut

no droaning in cabin, get some equal lenght extractors when you put your new muff on.. or leave your exhaust standard...

Guest itsgotgo

I had the standard 2 1/2 inch system,cut the resanator out and replace with straight 2 1/2 pipe.

Then got a kc12 rear exhaust from thames mufflers.

Had a good rumble, no drone and never attracted attention from the police or b/r idiots. :)

You barely had it for long before you sold you foz though Will... Personally I reckon just ripping out the cat (which apparently is gonna be a wof requirement as of April 1) is you best bet. The rumble gets old after about 6months

Guest itsgotgo
 matdaymon said:

You barely had it for long before you sold you foz though Will... Personally I reckon just ripping out the cat (which apparently is gonna be a wof requirement as of April 1) is you best bet. The rumble gets old after about 6months

The cat is in the down pipe ;) possibly one in upipe?????? i dont know :)

The exhaust was the first thing i did to the car 2 years before i sold it,adding the saimese down pipe did not make it any louder at all. ;)

Was db tested at 86db on a 98stb

I thought you still had the standard tip on the end of it? Well it always looked standard anyway ::) prob helps with keeping the 5-O off your back. Not that I've EVER had any issues with my exhaust tip on my car from them. But I think I might be growing up or something scary like that because the loud-ness just doesn't do it for me anymore :-\ gonna revert back to a standard mid pipe -> tip soon as I can anyway. I don't see the point in spending heaps on the exhaust with all these silly noise rules these days >:(

Guest boostin

2 things to note.

#1 - No cat in JDM or NZ up-pipes. Its a US thing.

#2 - WOF inspectors have had no notification that the cat thing is going to be a WOF fail.

I was just going on a rumor I heard from Big_Dave about the Cat thing, hence saying "apparently" 8) But then the govt is pretty useless at getting things done now aren't they ;)

Guest boostin

The only stuff I can find says the cat helps to muffle the exhaust, so they prefer it is retained to keep the exhaust quiet.

Guest itsgotgo
 boostin said:

2 things to note.

#1 - No cat in JDM or NZ up-pipes. Its a US thing.

#2 - WOF inspectors have had no notification that the cat thing is going to be a WOF fail.

Some aussie imports have turned up with them in upipe also ryan.

But as you say not in nz :)

just to put it out there again, removeing cats and doing a siamese downpipe and retaining factory rear muffler gives the same performance as having a "fart cannon" instead of rear muffler, and is alot quieter. If i hadn't given away my factory muffler it would be back on my car now (for road clearance issues not noise)