@Batbaruman Have you spoken to Race Shock Specialists in Penrose? They are NZ MCA dealers. I got my street ultimates (the next step down from Reds at the time) from them for around $2600.
If I was you I would:
1. Decide how long you were keeping the car for - if for a while, 100% go MCAs (one of the best mods I did)
2. If you don't plan on keeping the car for long - get some VAB shocks (new gen STI), they lower the height a bit plus handle better (que @Gripless)
3. BC golds etc. get a bad wrap mostly because people are tards and don't set them up right. Drop it too low and set dampers to full hard - one way ticket to poor handling (even MCAs won't handle good if you do that). Set the height just right so you get enough travel, and dampers would actually be pretty soft on a BC (for example) to get good grip out of them.
Car is currently in my garage with the bonnet up.
Blew a rad on the way to work.
New rad and thermostat are in. Started bleeding the coolant system and a weird scraping noise starts. Turns out the tensioner pulley is buggered. Try to replace the bearing but it won't seat properly.
Have bit the bullet and ordered a new tensioner assembly rather than just replacing the pulley.
I must've forgot to post about the new exhaust. Managed to score an aftermarket muffler for this on TradeMe. Nice tone and not too loud.
My 2c, either chuck a set of KYB AGX in, or go the whole hog and spend the $5k or whatever to get MCAs or better. Unless the $1800ish coilovers offer some particular feature that you really really need.
New exhaust time for this thing 🤪
The current 2.5" system is made from whatever i could scratch together to make work. and it is far from pretty!
Discovered on my S.Is trip that the muffler robs a decent amount of power. when i first fitted it was at the same time as the dual range gearbox and lift kit. i jus thought it was drivetrain loss through the box and lift. when the muffler was removed for s***s and gigs (has it changeable with a straight section) its was vastly better to drive to the point where it stayed removed for the remainder of the trip.
while playing around discovered i picked up 1 to 1.5 psi with it removed. time to fix that nonsense.
I do have a band saw on the way but got impatient and started the slow way of making pie cut bends. came out "Not Bhed" but takes a while with a few remakes to get the desired angle.
On a side note, first time I've had both cars clean and parked side by side on a flat bit of ground. vast opposites 😁