Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Sparkys and spanner monkeys - please some advice?

When i was driving me ol 300ZX, i took it to this idiot named Dave... works at a place in manukau that specializes in 300ZX... ZParts. I had to take it somewhere for a service due to mechanical warranty. When i collected the car he commented that i should look at putting an after market pod filter on her... he advised that he had just given the factory panel filters a blow out... trouble was i already had an after market pod filter in there!!! a-hole hadn't done bugger all.... Jumped in my car and took off... never payed the idiot a cent.

Yup there are some dodgy pricks out there... and now that i have to get my GTB serviced by someone other than myself (due to warranty), i'll be marking the oil filter etc and checking upon collection that things have been done/changed!!

Yeah good idea....and did you know that most warrantys suggest factory oil filters etc but most mechanics use fram or other such ripco cheapy??

Pays to check that stuff.

IF i have to get stuff done at a mechanic i also get the parts myself. Means i know i have them right and im not charged the extra ten percent on top. They alway say they cant guarantee the parts but then again, they dont anyway. You only want the work guaranteed.

Ok so finally some good news. Glad to say the car is back from Wingers and fingers crossed the engine seems to be behaving.

I've still got the issue with the turbo timer, and having had a look at the instructions, I'm betting there is a wire that needs to be connected/tightened up to the hand brake. (those in the know, I think its the purple one?)

So yea. Anyone proficient enough to take a look or rip the thing out in the Auckland area?

I'd love to be able to pay for services, but im broke now :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies