Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bp Legacy 3.0R error code?

Hi Guys,

The wife was cruising in our 2003 3.0R and apparently an error code appeared in the trip meter part of the

dash it was err 1u. I went for a drive later and it didnt happen again, Anyone know what it means?

Appreciate your help,

Cheers

TC

time for visit to the dealer

Er Iu is error in the Integrated Unit (body control module)

Could be caused by a trouble code in another onboard control unit

But too many variable with these to guess over the net

Error code will be logged in memory for the dealer to see

Thanks Ichi Ban for your reply,

Just wondering the stored error message you refer to is that a more fault specific error message than " err iu"? what I mean is if the dealer pulls the error code will they be able to tell exactly what part, item circumstance or area caused the initial error code in the trip meter?

Also is there a way to check these codes myself sorry the Bp model is new to me I had a bg RS as my last car.

Thanks again

Cheers

TC

the trip display is the only way body module displays faults

You need a dealer to read out the codes

The stored code will be Er Iu but with more detail for the dealer

And sorry no the car will not tell exactly what needs to be replaced, just the system error which will need to be checked from there

Awesome Thanks Ichi Ban,

I have driven the car twice since the fault appeared and it hasnt come back, the car starts, drives and does everything

normal that I can tell, nothing seems to be not working. Because the error is not dsplayed anymore does that mean that the issue was a intermittant one or one off type thing? and if the fault and if it was still happening it would still be displayed in the tripmeter?

My wife said at the time it happened nothing strange happened with car.if the error code reappears I will take it in I'm hoping it was was a one off. Have you seen this error before? is it usually something that has to be checked immediately?

Really appreciate your help as we've not had the car long

Cheers

TC

As ichi said, just take it to a dealer, they'll be able to handle it from there.

Most errors are intermittent, this is their nature. Just because the error code is no longer displayed, does not mean that it has gone away! Go check it with a suabru dealership when next you have an opportunity.