Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

possible different boost controll setup

Pappu1

ok was thinking of this the other day

should be not that that difficult to rig up (only time will tell how difficult)

anyway the point is that since most internal WG seem to keep blowing open on higher rev , this is one possible option i have in mind

bit like a helper spring on the wg actuater rod

this has got the stock wg setup as per normal with vac hose to the boost controller

and then there is a 2nd internal wg attached to the main rod

the 2nd wg has no vac hose to it

it just acts like a stifffer helper spring to the 1st wg

what do u think?

this is just a possible design and wanting some opinions on its ability to actually function

i figured that helper springs can go bad/soft/hard unless they are specifically degigned to take the heat from the turbo and be able to cycle on/off perfectly with the internal wg

since the internal wg is perfectly designed to take the heat and also has the ability to cycle as much as needed then why not use that

for want of a better word by "cycle on/off" i mean the wg open and close as per boost controller solenoid doing its thing

a very rough pic (this one is equavalent to perhaps 900 words not 1000 haha)

possibleboostcontrol.jpg

why not just spend $250 and buy a 1bar actuator

little bit of engineering to fit, but will surpass and mickey mouse ideas with any 0.5bar actuators (ie, std ones)

Or try a relief valve inline, no boost to actuator till X PSI

Saw a guy use one of those cheapo boost gauges with a warning light to trigger his factory boost control solenoid once too - actually worked perfectly. If boost drops down at higher RPM, solenoid would close, WG lost signal - boost went back up, repeat X a grillion

Yes, and you will need decent controller

In fact a decent controller can make an 0.5 actuator spool up well over 20psi, but it has to work hard to keep boost stable

1.0bar actuator means that this will also be minimum boost setting