Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

turbo oil supply fitting

jpar196

Hi all, Im in the middle of a turbo swap, and run into a bit of an issue with the oil supply line. The turbo is a kinugawa td06 20g, and it came with a -4an banjo already fitted to the core of the turbo, and came with a braided -4an hose, which is perfect. What is not perfect is that the turbo supply/AVCS line is a 12mm flare. so essentially I need a 12mm flare female to -4an male like this,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fitting-Subaru-STI-Oil-feed-12MM-Female-Flare-4AN-/380099923370?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5294610411157160470#ht_643wt_1169

Yes I could take the -4an banjo and just go direct with the stock hardline, but frustratingly the turbo is bloody assembled in a way so that you cant back the banjo bolt out because the wastegate brackets bolt is directly above it (ridiculous)

Anyone had a similar issue with this and know where I could get such an adapator locally?

Thanks

Remove wastegate - 2 bolts

Remove banjo bolt from top of turbo

Put the stock hard line in place after drilling it a bit to enlarge the opening

Rebolt everything

Done

Ps. I have done the same to my 20g

Another tip- keep the wastegate removed until u have turbo bolted in and the oil water return all done

The do the wastegate last

Was easier that way

Its ridiculous but there is less than 0.5 mm gap between the top of the banjo and the wastegate bracket bolt, which means I cant even back the wastegate bracket bolt out, because it will get stuck when it turns even 10 degrees if that makes sense,

very wierd, but the order or assembly I think went,

complete core with banjo, complete compressor side including wastegate bracket, put the two together.

so annoyed with this :(

size is completely different, the banjo fitting will have to be machined out if I were to go down that track.

I've ordered the correct braided line that will do the job, -4an one end, and 12mm flared end on the other to fit the factory oil hardline. what a PITA

Yea that's y I had mentioned drilling out the bore of the factory line to match the banjo

But yea good that u doing the braided line will also look better as well and m sure be easier to work on as well in future

When is the eta on the line tho?

should be a couple of days, they're usually pretty quick to send out.

Now the other challenge Im having is the bloody intake hose :( its putting my patience to a real test at the moment lol

and one of the 3 nuts holding the turbo down to the uppipe wont go on because its too close to the housing :(

If u putting catch can and bov then I have a alloy intake made up that fits

It's similar to the alloy one I have now just slightly different on the end so can bolt up to a pod adapter in normal loccation

Mine is custom set for the sideways airbox lol

But yea that alloy intake pipe I had gotten made up to match up to the 20g

And uses catch can and bov as no hole to them