Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Gfb Boost controller on wrx question.

wrxboy

Hi there I have a g force gfb boost controller, all hooked up, it's reading boost and like the brightness and everything works, but when I try and up the boost it will not raise no matter what setting I put it on? Can anyone help?

are you using an internal wastegate or external?

if it uses a 3 port solenoid this might help

if its internal wastegate (factory one inside the turbo exhaust housing) the actuator needs to be plumbed to the common port and the normally open port goes to the nipple on the compressor cover.

so when the solenoid is de-energised the actuator is essentially connected directly to the compressor cover. so if the solenoid ever craps out it'll drop back to 7psi (wastegate pressure).

once the solenoid is energised it cuts off the line to the actuator and vents the boost pressure through the normally closed port (which is now open)

if you have it plumbed correctly the controller may not be set up properly or the solenoid isn't working.

if you have an external gate the ports should be plumbed the oppisite way around from memory i.e normally closed port goes to the waste gate and the common port is still connected to the compressor cover.

.....I read it on the internet so it must be true

I tried lookiong on the GFB wesite but couldn't find the instructions, bad form GFB!!

If its only 3 weeks old it may not be the problem, is it definatly set up correctly? or are you using the settings that the last owner had set up?

have you tried turning the gain up? they can be a bit tricky to set up correctly, but pretty easy once youve got your head around the settings

The solenoid does look exactly the same, I will give the terminals ago once I have time as am really busy ATM. I've changed all settings and couldn't get it to work I even got angry and put the gain up to 45 and duty cycle for the boost up to full but still nothing.