Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

McIntosh HU to McIntosh CD stacker cable...

matt1710

Hi

Have just bought a replacement set of McIntosh components (amp, HU, CD stacker) as my HU was poked. I don't need the amp, however would quite like to hook the stacker up to the HU. However, the stacker came with the unplugable cable clipped...so I need to get hold of a new stacker-HU cable. I have no idea what it's called - perhaps a photo would be a good idea? It's square, has 13 pins, and is 10mm x 10mm. The pins are arranged like this: (plug was oriented with arrow at top for this diagram)

o---o

oooo

oooo

oo-o

The components came from a 2000 Legacy, and are going into a 2000 Legacy. The HU is already in and works fine - and you can see the equivalent female port on the back of the HU, ready to accept the cable from the stacker...if only I had the cable.

So that's my question - anyone know where to get that cable from??

Matt

i would have one for u... if only u had posted this yesturday morning... it was easyier to remove it from my car by cutting it in half :(

im sure this is the one i cut, will check for you though.

-smurff

Hi Smurff - If you're throwing it out , I'll give it a go if you don't mind! If it works but the sound is crappy, I can always get a new one. How can I get it from you - where are you based?

Keltik - my HU is a PF- 40251-A - has the MD/CD/Radio. Same as yours? The radio reception on the new one is poor and the CD player doesn't seem to like CD-Rs - have tried two different types (both reputable brand : Verbatim). Any advice on this?

The woman at Driving Sound took one look at the cable and said I'd have mega-trouble finding one - if that CeNet cable is what I need, she was either lying to me, or doesn't know her stuff!

Matt

ur head unit sounds like the one i had... hated coppied cds lol

were abouts r u?

if im bored tomorro i can have a look at soldering it up for you, im sure ill have time hahaha

-smurff

Cool - well if you get it done and don't mind me having a crack with it, let me know. I might be out in Howick on Tuesday morning so if all goes well, maybe I could swing by and grab it then.

Cheers,

Matt

Guest keltik

Hey matt, are you able to describe the plug? Should be square with about 12 pins arranged in rows.

hes added a rough discription in the first post, and a kinda picture hahaha

It's square, has 13 pins, and is 10mm x 10mm. The pins are arranged like this: (plug was oriented with arrow at top for this diagram)

o---o

oooo

oooo

oo-o

-smurff

Hi

Yes - it's like this:

It's square, has 13 pins, and is 10mm x 10mm. The pins are arranged like this: (plug was oriented with arrow at top for this diagram)

o---o

oooo

oooo

oo-o

The pins pretty much form an 'H' shape - although the extra pin on the bottom row kind of spoils it for being a perfect 'H' shape.

Matt

If I get this cable sorted, I imagine I'm in for a mission trying to run it from HU to boot. Have never done it before and would imagine it's quite tricky to do a good job without breaking stuff? I assume it runs down the side of the car and then crossing into the centre console area under the driver's carpet?

Maybe the stacker is slim enough to fit under the passenger seat - although I doubt it. :(

Guest keltik

Yeah thats a clarion CeNet cable for sure. My stacker wouldnt quite clear under the passenger seat. So i fitted another amplifier under there instead.

Easiest way to run the cable is to pop the sill covers off the passenger side, pop all of the floor panels inside the boot and then run it down the cable trunking to the passenger footwell and across under the ECU kickplate to behind the dash.

hahaha, that would be gutting all wired up.... interference in sound :( undo all the work yo just did :(

will be easy for you to test, in the front of the car.

-smurff

Hey Smurff - the cable seems to work!! Tested in without routing it and seemed fine, so installed stacker in boot and just routed cable under passenger seat, under rear carpet and through into boot via split in folding seat back. Will let it run for a while and if it's stable, will route it properly. Thanks so much for splicing it for me. :)

Not I might have to swap the amps - unless mine stops doing the delay thing. So bizarre that - waits 10 mins before it produces any sound - and then sometimes produces sounds from the start. Have checked amp-cable connections - they seem fine.