Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

rookie mistake, vacuumn solenoid located under throttlebody area.

wayne

yeah, uhh while i was trying to be a clever guy thinking i could change out the stock vacuum lines i simply pulled on one hose after removing the tmic, but to my horror the whole plastic tube attached to the solenoid broke off :o. so my question to you is what is that solenoid or better yet. do i need it? the solenoid is located below the intake manifold on the side the bypass valve fits on the intercooler.

yeah also tempted to do that too....but then dont really want to find out down the line after my car has shat itself on the side of the road because i pulled all that out.

not that it would cause that. but these things are pretty complex to a degree...

i blame the guy who decided to put that solenoid there.....plastic and heat aren\'t really a wedded bliss type of combination.

then again, wedded bliss can be complex over time....so i guess in a way, it is....

Its useless remove it / dont spend money to replace it at least

It\'s just a vent for the carbon canister, which is a vent for the gas tank

I guess there\'s a 1 in 999,999,999 chance you could explode

Higher risk in starting the car at the petrol bowser (why say no cellphones when you have a combustion engine right next to it already? anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies