Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Clutch Upgrade Options

nismovzr2003

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a 5 speed clutch setup on my 6 speed box; Exedy/Cusco (Blue) front cover with a full face carbon kevlar sprung disc, with approximately 2800lb clamp load.

I've had no issues what so ever with it slipping, however I find it's really juddery when engaging 1st or reverse from stationary. The clamping load use to be 4200lb but had it reduced hoping it would get rid of the "on/off" type engagement. It's been checked several times by different clutch businesses to ensure the pressure plate and flywheel are true and no one has found any issues with the clutch assembly.

I'll be running somewhere in the vicinity of 300-330wkw and was wondering what 6 speed clutch setups people were using?

I see in one of the other posts individuals mentioning the Drew's Automotive clutch setups, are these decent enough products? And if so, will it stand up to the task of the required power output and occasional track type work?

Really after something that's got smoother engagement. I understand having a heavy duty or performance clutch setup may not allow this however, surely there must be something I can do?

Regarding clutch disc, whats better, full face or 6 puk?

Any thoughts, ideas, previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Id suggest contacting Drews and advising what your plans ae with the car, and he can advise what's good. He currently has the FlatNats deal on at the moment, and you'll be very hard pressed to beat his prices.

I've actually just been through the same discussions with him about mine, and for me, the two options were either standard, or upgrade to a solid-riveted plate, which increases the driveability, rather than being on/off like a ceramic plate is. I didn't want a ceramic one, for that reason.

Since my car is basically factory I went for standard. But if your plans are to have upwards of 300kw, then an SRO would definitely be the one for you. You can read more about them here: http://www.mpautoparts.co.nz/Clutches.php

But contact Drews directly for his special price.

I'm also running 5 speed clutch on 6 speed box, mine is 6 puk Kevlar type can't remember clamping force but around 3000 definitely isn't really on off engagement, seems to work ok now car has upwards of 360 kW and doesn't slip.

I talked to drews and I'm using them next, and I'm going 6 speed clutch too as the disc is physically bigger in diameter than the 5 speed and will upgrade clamping pressure to suit and go with their recommendation. I don't care if it's on off though as I just want it to be reliable.