Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

be5d engine install.

jirishman

OK. I'm new to the forum, so hey all. Pleasure to be in the company of a lot of very onto it ppl.

So I have ripped out the old ej208 from my b4. Motor has seen better days..

fitted a ej20g from 97 forester. (101k).

I have been doing a lot of research n trying to get my head around the while thing. Ie: matching new motor to tt ecu (1x).

I'm using 4 plug coil pack. Using harness from tt motor which is very similar, just change couple plugs to suite. Reason I'm going this way, ecu can b tuned to suite?? Also a lot less wiring and rewiring if I'm right??.

I have done the bypass on the fcm in the boot.

I'm currently cutting and splicing for the coil set up from the ecu.

Can any just give me a heads up on this project in doing. Will it work. What other issues might I have.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

I will post more on what I'm doing as I go along.

Unsure on idle control. Any ideas??Yeah at this stage now I wish I had of just swapped heads over so i could have gone with the tt inlet to less comply things.but on the positive a good learning curve.

one question, Iv seen on other threads ppl mentioning about changing cam/crank pullies to match for timing.

Just to be known, im very new working with subaru so please excuse me if I'm noticed scratching my head on sum things haha.

any members in the rotorua area?

Yeah you'll need to change to the later Rev D crank timing gear, has more teeth than the older one.

Your ECU won't run the earlier V3 IACV or TPS. So you'll need to fit your original throttle body onto the new manifold. But will need to drill a hole for the Rev D idle air port.

jirishman said:
Found out icv can b deleted?? Any one done this b4. Pros cons?

You can just tighten the throttle cable, so the throttle plate sits slightly open to hold idle. But then the ECU can't adjust for cold idle/warm idle.

Thanks heaps for the info. Slowly getting there. Fitted crank pully earlier, thought at 1 stage it wasn't gonna free up. Got throttle body on. At back of TB there is a valley exposed once fitted to In take. Should I block off what's exposed or?? Apart from that everything is ready to give a go.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got finished (I thought). Started on first turn of the key basically. But I now have a very ruff idle, back fires and running lean. I am totally stumped. I used the wasted spark option. Blocked off the the map sensor passage to atmosphere. What I havnt done as u suggested was drill hole for the idle air. Will that b my issue. Unsure were to drill also when I do, where does it go to. Will I need a nipple for vaccum pipe?

From 98 upwards the idle air bypasses the throttle butterfly through the throttle body itself. So from version 5/BE/BH upwards have a separate hole through the intake manifold, just above the throttle opening.

You will need to cut or drill a hole in your older phase 1 intake manifold, to match the iacv port on the rear face of the rev D throttle body.

Here's the IACV port in a version 5/BH5B intake manifold, above a version 7 STI/BH5D. Just above the main throttle opening:

V6_V7_006.jpg

Then the matching IACV ports on the rear of the throttle bodies, BH5D on top/BH5B below:

V6_V7_007.jpg

More pics in here:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?41940-BH5B-TT-Intake-Manifold-stripped-Compared-to-V6-STI