Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Oil light + Temp gauge not working??

Hey people,

Have just finished putting a '98 low k's forester motor in my BC-5 legacy and started it up just before...havn't taken it for a drive yet though.

Got a couple questions about it, the oil light is on on the dash which is a tad odd? I'm sure I havn't missed out any plugs or anything like that, and I did put a new oil filter on and fill it up with oil the other day, and the oil level seems to be fine, so what could be causing this light to be on?

And also I've filled it up with water whilst idling (via the top radiator hose - filled the motor up and the radiator, then started it) and have been topping it up with the car sitting there, but the temperature gauge does not seem to be working at all?? (The thermostat also opened up so I assume the car would have deffinately been warm enough for it to work) The sensor and plug on the motor are deffinately fine under the intake manifold as I was careful to check them before installing the motor. What else could be causing this gauge to work then? Also when I turn the key onto the "on" position the temperature gauge sky rockets right up to maximum hot (with the motor completely cold).

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

thanks,

-Sam

Yeah I have connected them correctly...I've taken the turbo off and double checked.

I used the Legacy block coolant cross pipe...seemed like a better option than using the fozzy one as the position of the plugs on it and the pipes coming off it made it look like it'd be more convenient for me in re-assembling the motor. Also from memory the legacy power steering pump didn't quiittee want to fit on as well when I tried with the Foz one.

Aha ha...Ok, I've got it all sorted after some further investigating (Plugged in a oil pressure gauge to check it - Cranking heaps of oil) and then slapped myself when i realised the whole problem laid behind getting the identical looking water temperature and oil pressure sensor plugs around the wrong way. D'OH!!!

Guest boostin
 tedebare said:

Aha ha...Ok, I've got it all sorted after some further investigating (Plugged in a oil pressure gauge to check it - Cranking heaps of oil) and then slapped myself when i realised the whole problem laid behind getting the identical looking water temperature and oil pressure sensor plugs around the wrong way. D'OH!!!

I did ask.....