Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

PLEASE HELP. BF5 SUBARU SURGING

when I accelerate it is like jerking softly almost like lacking fuel. It's not a hard jerk like boost cut just like surging. Also when idling then accelerate there is sort of a dead spot before it revs. not a major one though. Do you think maybe one of the coils could be playing up. I can't really tell if it is missing or not. Could it be the aftermarket Blitz BOV I have installed As it is releasing the pressure into the atmosphere and the airflow meter has measured it like a standard BOV which returns back to the engine. Is this a possibility?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boostin said:

It could be one of many things. Have you checked for any fault codes?

No I haven't. I don't really know much about that and how to check. It's twin turbo block running single turbo but has all wiring and ecu from TT. Blitz Bov With MBC.

Cheers

Guest boostin
 SIRBOOMALOT']

[quote name='boostin said:

/quote]

No I haven't. I don't really know much about that and how to check. It's twin turbo block running single turbo but has all wiring and ecu from TT. Blitz Bov With MBC.

Cheers

Erm, I think you just answered your own question then....

boostin']

[quote name='boostin said:

/quote]

Cheers

Erm, I think you just answered your own question then....

OMG I must be dumb. It does have the single turbo ECU in it. I was thinking it maybe the airflow meter a bit worse for wear as when I first put the engine in it, it was going mint. The guy I bought the car from just informed me it does have the single turbo wiring as well.

Cheers

boostin said:

Have you tried another AFM??

I haven't and don't know anyone else up my way that I could borrow to try. I may have to buy one. Do you recommend a particular one???

Cheers mate.

boostin said:

Just the match to the ECU you have. Make sure you have the right injectors and MAP sensor too.

Cool thanks for that mate. With the TT block would I need single T injectors and map sensor??? I have also noticed that on the downpipe there is a thing sticking out that looks like it had wires on it but have been cut. Could this be a factor in the equation???

boostin said:

What ECU are you using?

That will be your oxygen sensor. It shouldn't affect it that much....

I haven't got the numbers but it's off single turbo. Shall i get numbers and post it here tomorrow???

boostin said:

There's a lot of different single turbo ECU's, so yeah, prob a good idea.

How do you tell the right one for the motor???

Sorry to be a pain but this is the first subaru I have owned.

boostin said:

You pretty much need to match ECU, AFM, injectors and MAP sensor for any engine (bar twin turbo).

Oh ok. I will see what I can find tomorrow number wise. Thanks mate

Could you tell me where the map sensor is located?????

It has the green sticker AFM and the injectors look like grey tops.

Haven't got to the ecu yet. Is that under drivers seat???

Have found AA740 on the ECU and AA160 on the AFM

Guest boostin

When I get a chance I'll check my MAP sensor number. There should be 2 big letters/numbers on the ECU sticker. Do you have those too?

boostin said:

When I get a chance I'll check my MAP sensor number. There should be 2 big letters/numbers on the ECU sticker. Do you have those too?

I think it's C7 if I remember rightly.

Cheers

CUDDAS said:

hey im running a c7 ecu, AA160 green AFM & the map sensor is a AA020.

now Boostin i'm running an electronic boost controller & i have all those plugged in but i haven't got any hosing going to the map sensor's or the other fitting?? is that doing any harm :)

Is it surging or does it run sweet???

CUDDAS said:

Funny (or maybe not so funny) thing is it's been that way for years & years & car is still running. i do have a chipped ecu.

i'm gonna do some searching about the map sensor now.

Hey na not surging, seems to run real sweat BUT i do have a slight miss up in the revs at around 17psi, & it's not running out of fuel on the air/fuel gauge. only have had the miss since i put the bigger turbo on & changed my set up. my TD05h would do 21psi without the miss,??

Ok well I am stuck on my surge problem. Maybe my AFM is dodgy.

Guest boostin

Cuddas - Funny it runs ok with no MAP connected. What chip do you have?

Sirboomalot - Its looking like an AFM fault. Definitely try a known good one.

boostin said:

Cuddas - Funny it runs ok with no MAP connected. What chip do you have?

Sirboomalot - Its looking like an AFM fault. Definitely try a known good one.

Thanks mate I will try locate one. Thanks so much for your help.