Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help needed ASAP

nt_a_foz

Right so got the b4 going and have some mass electrical problems...

We got car going and windows went down..

Now they wont go up.

Heater fan, windows, dash dimmer, odometer , rev gauge dont work and the air bag light is on...

The alarm wouldnt work or beep or anything but upon inspection had some dodgy conections so these have been fixed and it now goes..

I dont even know where to start apart from we have checked all the fuses multiple times..

There is also a weird electrical humming noise coming from the gearbox...

Any ideas??

haha yeah that woudl be the plan but as its a fixer uper and flicker not a keeper would rather just sus it ourself to save $$$..

If we cant work it out we will but as you say there is plenty of things there could be..

Is there anything common to check?? Dont mind trying anything and everything..

Good learning doing it yourself anyways haha

got a factory subaru kenwood stereo so "shouldnt" be an issue..

Weird thing is the guy i got it off had just got a fresh vtnz wof and then ti blew a beb..

So i imagine all electrics would of been wokring then..

So somehting to do with the engine conversion/swap i think...

but what to look at im stumped...

Guest keltik

Sounds like youve plugged something in drastically wrong there champ. I cant think of anything in the engine bay that would cause all of that mess and still allow the engine to run.

The engine still runs..

I think its the alarm...it wasnt working initally...a bit of tinkering got it to beep, imobilize and arm and go off etc..

Then we just started car before and the alarm woudlnt work again after battery had been disconnected..

So when flatty got home (electricly minded) we plugged another battery in (my one went flat) and like EVERY solenoid/relay in the engine bay ticks when you turn the key onto ACC and they tick at diffenret times (sounds like music) then the fans have now started and one comes on, goes off then the 2nd fan starts and switches off..

WTF hahah..

I got a feeling its all entwined with the alarm playing up somehow...

Also when we started it up before (before solenoids and fans playing up) we heard the solenoids ticking and the motor started idling ruffish....

Really got no idea now haha

can you just unplug will it still let car run??

We just put another battery in (the one that came with the car) and the alarm worked AND the windows went up ..

Started driving fine but turns out the battery is fucked as we suspected and it just died.

So got mrs to bring my good battery that had been on charger for half hour or so, jump started it and drove home..

But everytime we touched the brakes or turned the headlights on the car would try die..Obviously cause the battery didnt have enough charge...

We thinking maybe alternator is poked though (how do i test this)

But seems weird now windows are working fine WTF....