Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

wastegate install

danz-rs

It can be done cheap(ish) and proper -just some ppl don't like to use this method,

If you have factory setup:

Take the drivers side exhaust maniold off take to engineer, get them to drill/blow hold in side of manifold and weld flange, make sure the heat the manifold up properly or else the weld will just re-crack, your wastegate will end up sidding directly underneath the chassis rail, you will need to bend a bit of flimsy sheet metal out of the way,

if you want a screamer (illegal btw) stop here.

If you want to have it fully legal with no issues, get the exit part of your wastegate to connect up to your exhaust, any good exhaust shop can do this and it should no really cost that much.

I've always been told that that is a bad place to install as its about as far away from the turbo as you can get. For effective boost contol you need it as close to turbo as you can get. Installing it there though would cost your about $100 if you left it screaming (illegal).

Having it plumbed up however I would still estimate as being around $300? Around the initial price or the wastegate (more if its a knockoff) which I wouldnt of thought was cheap.

edit: I guess that would depend on your defintion of cheap though.

Guest boostin
 wrx_lou']

[quote name='D-Style said:

....welded the internal wastegate open...

/quote]

WTF? lol FAIL

Read the rest of it. The external was on the internal's pipe on the siamese downpipe. Still a big WTF though!! ;D

boostin said:

I saw a dumbass with it installed on the passengers manifold, was a black St/b Foz.

haha ive seen that foz meself....why would u!!!! and danz...i reckon u do what dubbed up says. just measure it properly of course and off you go to a metal fabricator. i know a guy in penrose if u would like a contact hook up.

hey guys thanks for the feedback.. i got a siamese dowmpipe my mate says the wastegate just needs to be welded on and the internal welded shut. i got the wastegate and all the stuff u need so yeah if anyone has a welder and knows what to do ill pay ya or got any hookups send me ya number through mail. cheers guys

boost cuts happy to help u....however. u will need to get a whole drilled into the downpipe and send it along with your pipe and 1 flange with threading to him...might cost a bit.

someone in auckland should be able to help. or if not...measure it up urself and off you go to the metal fabricators. i know of a pretty talented guy in penrose. havnt got his name card on me at work. PM if u wish and i will send details to u after work

• 2 weeks later...
 GNEDEF said:

boost cuts happy to help u....however. u will need to get a whole drilled into the downpipe and send it along with your pipe and 1 flange with threading to him...might cost a bit.

someone in auckland should be able to help. or if not...measure it up urself and off you go to the metal fabricators. i know of a pretty talented guy in penrose. havnt got his name card on me at work. PM if u wish and i will send details to u after work

hey could i get his details from you? I'll be getting a wastegate in the near future.