Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Are genuine brembo rotors going to be much better than generic type rotors?

As mine need replacing, I was just wanting to get some opinions of whether people know from experience or think brembos are justisfied over a generic replacement rotor

v7 sti with brembos

Rob

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

are your old ones worn or damaged?

yeah fronts are at or perhaps below minimum thickness and my pads need doing too.

Guna go for some m1155 pads in it.

IMHO:

I have znoelli's on my brembos and I recon they stop awesome, tyres are probably the weakest point now.

In the past I've had OEM, Znoelli slotted, DBA slotted.

I recon generic rotors will be fine if:

you bed them in right

look after them for atleast the first week

have them actually installed correctly

and use the right pad for the type of driving you're actually going to do (no point in pads that are good for track if you're never going to go)

Get one of the above wrong and the whole thing will suck.

1c worth!

:)

boostin said:

Have you priced up genuine Brembo discs?? You'll crap yourself when you find out.

BNT told me 200 + GST per front rotor? genuine brembo not cheap chinese

boostin said:

Oh I meant genuine Subaru Brembo.

oh yeah i know those are shockingly expensive.

But I assume brembos will be the same if not maybe better than subaru ones?

yeah. bit weary of cheap chinese ones. i am planning to track it so don't wana have some cheap ones. I see "All Brembo Aftermarket Rotors are manufactured under QS-9000 and ISO 9001 certifications to assure the at level of quality in all products"

would the chinese ones meet these standards as well?

Ive used BNT Brembo replacemnets before, had no dramas at all.

I was going to use some DBA ones, which were about $380 each. Then guy told me the brembo (they werent cross-drilled or slotted thou) were only about $250 each.

I used them with Bendix Ultimates

BNT also had a part number for a cheaper version which was like $80 each haha

If your serious about doing track work, why not save for some Endless/Project mu rotors??

D-Style said:

Ive used BNT Brembo replacemnets before, had no dramas at all.

I was going to use some DBA ones, which were about $380 each. Then guy told me the brembo (they werent cross-drilled or slotted thou) were only about $250 each.

I used them with Bendix Ultimates

BNT also had a part number for a cheaper version which was like $80 each haha

If your serious about doing track work, why not save for some Endless/Project mu rotors??

For how much actual time the car spends on the track in its life (like 5 % if that?) don't think its worth spending on any special rotors. Smooth brembo should take the abuse anyway.

hahaha for "serious" track work, I use budget generic discs which cost around $100 each!

I have had no problems with them at all, and my current set have done 2 full seasons (thats 15 race meets, a few club sprint days, and some track days/testing in between) thats with full race compound pads as well.

If I could afford it, I would use the good stuff (AP etc), but I race on a budget so they suit me fine.

Basically due to the size of the rotors (326mm x 30mm) they are large enough to handle the heat generated under extreme usage, but then again, this may not apply to all brands of "cheap" rotors, and all cars - my car is quite a bit lighter than a Brembo equipped factory GD so you would need to take that into consideration as well - but for the odd track day, I would say generic rotors will be fine.

All the ISO9001 thingy means is that they have written down how they do stuff, so whoever comes to work there carries on following instructions - even if he has only started there.

In theory its ment to prove that they have set quality procedures that they follow. Was a huge "buzz" word a while back in manufacturing, now its all "Lean Manufacturing"