Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

oil feed

sultan

ok, so i've fit a vf23 to my v1/2 block. the oil feed that came with the turbo off its factory engine, the banjo fitting that goes to the block is about 45degrees rotated to how it should be to fit

i have another oil feed from a td04 off a v1/2, this one is the right angle, but sits about 2 inches below where it needs to be

is there anything i can do or any other factory oil feed i can use to avoid the expense of having to make a custom hose?

would it be a good idea to cut the banjos off on both end, and reuse them with a hose inbetween?

sultan said:

ok, so i've fit a vf23 to my v1/2 block. the oil feed that came with the turbo off its factory engine, the banjo fitting that goes to the block is about 45degrees rotated to how it should be to fit

i have another oil feed from a td04 off a v1/2, this one is the right angle, but sits about 2 inches below where it needs to be

is there anything i can do or any other factory oil feed i can use to avoid the expense of having to make a custom hose?

would it be a good idea to cut the banjos off on both end, and reuse them with a hose inbetween?

Better find good hose and clamps that can take around 100psi of pressure and hot oil and WONT come off the bits of stright smooth steel pipe theyr clamped onto. If not I think i have a steel oil feed line off a V3 STI that had a VF23 that should fit perfect. The oil feed on the head is in the same place on all the versions so wont matter about that...

i think the oil feed that i have (that came with the turbo) is probably the same one you have though?

with the oil feed being in the same spot between versions, howcome the banjo is 45 degrees off? i don't really understand. unless the up-pipe i've used is different between versions? the turbo intake points straight under the intake manifold so it all looks right to me. very confused.

get one made , can get the banjos of the shelf and make sure they use teflon lined braided hose , looks blingy and handles the pressure and heat. also make sure that its got the correct size orifice for the corect oil flow for said turbo. Go to ya local pirtek dealer and ask them to make it useing the pro-flow range or hose and fittings.

i managed to twist/convince it to sit in the right place so it can bolt up. it didn't look too strenuous on it, and only had to turn a short way on one of the original bends. would this be safe or nah?

i currently have AN fittings on all of my fuel lines, but they're just rubber fuel hose with hose clamps. i wouldn't mind replacing them. do you need a special tool to put the fittings onto braided hose or what?

Guest boostcut

as long as it didnt split the pipe, it should be fine, its seamed tube and splits very easy.

also, you probably have pushlok fittings, which wont take a braided hose. and you wont like the price of stainless braid either

the hose itself isn't too bad. at around $26/m

fittings aren't too bad either if i had to buy new ones, $10-$20ea

How do the fittings get onto the hose? Is it just a case of clean cutting the hose with some tight tape around the edge and using a lot of force to push the fitting on?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Fuel-systems/auction-311386281.htm

sultan said:

the hose itself isn't too bad. at around $26/m

fittings aren't too bad either if i had to buy new ones, $10-$20ea

How do the fittings get onto the hose? Is it just a case of clean cutting the hose with some tight tape around the edge and using a lot of force to push the fitting on?http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Fuel-systems/auction-311386281.htm

Thats basicly it. ive done a good few. bit annoying at first trying to get the olive onto the hose inner but with non teflon inner sleeved braided hose its stright forward.

I assume some1 bent your oil pipe trying to remove the turbo before taking out the feed bolt into the head then thats y it was bent. All single scroll up pipes are the same :).